• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
"Sparkling Aria is a Water-type special move that only Primarina can learn, and it heals the burns of any target it strikes"

Whats the logic behind that move's side effect?

"Sparkling Aria is a Water-type special move that only Primarina can learn, and it heals the burns of any target it strikes"

In double battles, use it on an ally Pokemon with water absorb ability and a burn.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

It can stop Guts users, which seems to be it's only use that I can think of? That or you can get rid of a Burn from a Foe's Pokemon and replace it with say, Paralysis or Sleep.

In double battles, use it on an ally Pokemon with water absorb ability and a burn.

Yeaaaaaahhhhhh... No that's not how that works. It needs to hit the Pokemon in order to get rid of the burn. Water Absorb/Storm Drain negate the move immediately.

Julia Artemis

my guess in doubles you can attack you ally and cure it's burn. Though wondering if you say have water absorb pokemon will it still get the side effects of that move?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I am SO happy that free battles are giving us the option of whether or not to battle legendary & mythical Pokémon. That was one of my biggest problems I had with battling on wifi since most of the people I faced were spamming them on their teams. Mega evolution fixed the problem for a while, but it's nice to see that Game Freak's directly addressing it

my guess in doubles you can attack you ally and cure it's burn. Though wondering if you say have water absorb pokemon will it still get the side effects of that move?
If Sparkling Aria ends up healing other status conditions besides Burn, it also means we finally have a counter for Pokémon like Poison Heal + Substitute Gliscor that doesn't require us to jump through millions of hoops to obtain it

Last edited:

Glamazon

I'm thinking Cosmog might not be related to the legendaries? No mention of the legendaries when they showed Cosmog but then again, who knows - they've been full of surprises lately. :p

Hauke_von_Arding

So... what do you think who the Elite 4 will be? Rematches of the Kahuna? Or are we getting four new characters for it?

I'm thinking Cosmog might not be related to the legendaries? No mention of the legendaries when they showed Cosmog but then again, who knows - they've been full of surprises lately. :p

It would be stupid to give this surprise away...

Bus

Read their official descriptions, though. It says that Cosmog grows when it absorbs light. That probably is hinting that depending on the type of light (sunlight or moonlight) it'll evolve depending. And before anyone jumps in to say that the moon doesn't actually give off its own light, I think we're operating on anime & comic book logic; not pure science here lol.

DJStarstryker

I feel even more pumped for these games after that new trailer. Some people were worried about no gyms, but this trailer pretty much tells what's up with that. Alola just doesn't have gyms or a Pokemon League yet! You're helping establish them, it sounds like. That's great! I also like that we get to see Cynthia again (favorite champion) and grown up Red/Blue.

Hauke_von_Arding

I feel even more pumped for these games after that new trailer. Some people were worried about no gyms, but this trailer pretty much tells what's up with that. Alola just doesn't have gyms or a Pokemon League yet! You're helping establish them, it sounds like. That's great! I also like that we get to see Cynthia again (favorite champion) and grown up Red/Blue.

Nope. It sounds more like they build the league without your help. And they are not building gyms just a league.

Ver-mont

Read their official descriptions, though. It says that Cosmog grows when it absorbs light. That probably is hinting that depending on the type of light (sunlight or moonlight) it'll evolve depending. And before anyone jumps in to say that the moon doesn't actually give off its own light, I think we're operating on anime & comic book logic; not pure science here lol.

It also says Aether is researching it

They're involved with all the shady stuff in this game

Novembre

I and SO happy that free battles are giving us the option of whether or not to battle legendary & mythical Pokémon. That was one of my biggest problems I had with battling on wifi since most of the people I faced were spamming them on their teams. Mega evolution fixed the problem for a while, but it's nice to see that Game Freak's directly addressing it

I was too hyped by the starters, I did not see that in the trailer. It's nice! Finally we have the choice. Need to watch it again.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I was too hyped by the starters, I did not see that in the trailer. It's nice! Finally we have the choice. Need to watch it again.

I don't think the trailers say anything about it, but it is mentioned on the main site

Status
Not open for further replies.