• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

future.newyorker

Both Sewaddle and Venipede evolved at level 20 and 22, and then again at level 30 for Whrilipede, although Swadloon requires friendship so earliest would be 21.

Venipede wasn't the regional Bug. And my point is proven that when they changed up the way/level Sewaddle evolved, they also changed the level the starters evolved. Before that they evolved at 16, but in Unova they evolved at 17.

unmindful

Poison Pumpkin
Venipede wasn't the regional Bug. And my point is proven that when they changed up the way/level Sewaddle evolved, they also changed the level the starters evolved. Before that they evolved at 16, but in Unova they evolved at 17.
Sewaddle and Venipede are both the regional bugs like Caterpie and Weedle.

gliscor&yanmega

Venipede is arguably a regional Bug in the same way Weedle is.

The Starters had no set level before, prior to gen 5 they evolved from 14-18 and then again from 30-36. So Grubbin's line means nothing for Gen 7 Starters.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

They were the regional bug, they were Bug types that can be caught in the early parts of the game.

The only difference between them is Sewaddle's evolution method (of which it should be noted that Sewaddle's not the first to have a unique method, Wurmple had a split evolution line) and them not being absolutely terrible once you get past the half-way point.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I just rewatched the trailer and I missed the part where you see it going from level 37 or 38 to 40.

So yeah, Charjabug is likely evolving to level 40.

Baggie_Saiyan

I'm happy actually. Make the game slightly more harder have a a stage 1 Bug mon for that long also turning off EXP and Nuzloking (since that way I can use a variety of Mons probably gonna try and be undereleved as much as I can too).

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

shadowF

With the Battle Tree and alolan pokemon league, I really do think we will get a better postgame than X and Y and ORAS!

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
Have we gotten any info on where/how we'll encounter pokemon with HA?

XXD17

Draco rex
So, I'm wondering if the fact that Charjabug won't evolve until level 40 is going to mean the levels the starters evolve at are going to change.

I don't think so...scolipede is also an early bug 'mon that evolves to its final form at around 40 (I think?) and it has a pupa-like middle evo as well. If anything, this may tell us that vikavolt is at least on par with scolipede...

Baggie_Saiyan

With the Battle Tree and alolan pokemon league, I really do think we will get a better postgame than X and Y and ORAS!

Also the small tiny hint of another region. Though unlikely.

Tbh G/S/C had the best post game. Emerald in second though the BF did get really boring/stale after a while but still wish it was incoparated in ORAS.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
I'm pretty sure having a pokemon level up twice before seeing it evolve implies that's the level it evolves.

Not to mention how much emphasis they put on it evolving at Lv 40. They zoomed in on the level up, which I don't think it did for the previous level up.

Seems pretty evident that they're showing that it evolves at lv 40.

Which is somewhat unfortunate, I prefer triple evolutions to be teens to twenties. Certainly not a deal breaker, still want it on my team.

BlitzGirl41

I don't think so...scolipede is also an early bug 'mon that evolves to its final form at around 40 (I think?) and it has a pupa-like middle evo as well. If anything, this may tell us that vikavolt is at least on par with scolipede...

If that's the case, then it may make it a viable Electric Pokemon (given how tough Scoliopede tends to be). The Bug aspect of it makes me wary about using it, though.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
So Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt at level 40? I'll still be using it on my Pokemon Sun team hopefully it will be nearly as good as Volcarona was which has a base stat of 550.

Julia Artemis

So Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt at level 40? I'll still be using it on my Pokemon Sun team hopefully it will be nearly as good as Volcarona was which has a base stat of 550.

I'm 50/50 on Vikavolt or Pom Pom Oricorio. I'm hoping Pom Pom's stats will be pretty good I think with it's ability it could have lots of potential.

knightwolf09

I'm 50/50 on Vikavolt or Pom Pom Oricorio. I'm hoping Pom Pom's stats will be pretty good I think with it's ability it could have lots of potential.

I hope it's strong too, that's my standard Electric type there. I would be kinda hurt if it isn't that great. That and it seems to be the only other Flying type in this dex that's not the regional bird, and I'm not counting Minior.

Julia Artemis

I hope it's strong too, that's my standard Electric type there. I would be kinda hurt if it isn't that great. That and it seems to be the only other Flying type in this dex that's not the regional bird, and I'm not counting Minior.

Also it has barely any weaknesses, at least Pom Pom version. All you need to worry about is Rock pokemon since there are very few ice pokemon in this game

R_N

If that's the case, then it may make it a viable Electric Pokemon (given how tough Scoliopede tends to be). The Bug aspect of it makes me wary about using it, though.

Bug/Electric is honestly not bad. Like standard weakness to fire & rock is lame, but you can't mitigate everything. Neutral to flying. Levitate lets it immune to ground (otherwise it'd neutral thanks to bug resisting it). Resitences to fighting (nice), grass (nice), steel (eh), electric

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
Also the small tiny hint of another region. Though unlikely.

Tbh G/S/C had the best post game. Emerald in second though the BF did get really boring/stale after a while but still wish it was incoparated in ORAS.
I don't think there be another region. However; what I seen Alola seem to trying build a gyms and Elite four. But I might be wrong. But I think the post game would be going to the newly built gyms

Status
Not open for further replies.