• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
This Kanto "rumor" (wishful thinking that just started this week) is blurble, but Sun & Moon are also cash-grabs. Their purpose is to make money. There's nothing about any Pokémon anything that isn't a cash grab.
To be fair, every game after gen 1 is a little gimmicky. Especially X and Y with Mega and now Sun and Moon with Z move. It isn't always a bad thing as long they take their time and work on the game with great care.Also this is the 20th Anniversary. So yeah, they should make something dealing with the Blue and Red.

Side Note to everyone: Not everyone that hold the first gen as their favorite is a genwunner. When people believe only Blue and Red are the only true pokemon games.... Those are genwunner.

That out of the way, so far sun and moon look like it's going be the best game ever

Creyk

Does it seem likely that we will be visit Kalos in this game? Or is that not happening after all?
I so want them to do another dual-region game it made HGSS so great and it would work again for sure

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
Does it seem likely that we will be visit Kalos in this game? Or is that not happening after all?
I so want them to do another dual-region game it made HGSS so great and it would work again for sure
I don't think we can travel outside of Alola.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Technically, the boy from the trailers went back to his hometown after the vacations... so we could still be visiting other regions in the post game, specially Kanto
Wait, I thought the protagonist moved to Alola from Kanto

knightwolf09

Wait, it was a vacation? I though they legit moved to Hawaii. I mean learning the language, going to school and stuff sounds like straight up moving in rather than vacation. Then they had to move back because of business or some junk.

Sakuraba

Wait, it was a vacation? I though they legit moved to Hawaii. I mean learning the language, going to school and stuff sounds like straight up moving in rather than vacation. Then they had to move back because of business or some junk.

That's what I got. I really don't think we'll be going to Kanto during the post game. That last scene was probably to meant that Pokémon can bring people all over the world closer and what not.

knightwolf09

That's what I got. I really don't think we'll be going to Kanto during the post game. That last scene was probably to meant that Pokémon can bring people all over the world closer and what not.

And I totally did not cry during that trailer.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
They did. What are you confused about?
When people were talking about the boy in the trailer, I thought they were talking about the protagonist in the games

And I totally did not cry during that trailer.
Actually, I'm mature enough to admit that I did cry. I will say this about the "Train On" trailers, they successfully manage to capture the heart & spirit of Pokémon and show how the games can bring people together

Last edited:

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer

I think that moment in the latest trailer when the kid walks in and there's the significant look between him and his mom is meant to symbolize that she got news that they'd have to move again, hence why the showdown was necessary immediately afterwards.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
But then why are there....you know how many badges in the game? Like that's the only explanation I can think of right now
They could be used for Trials.

future.newyorker

But then why are there....you know how many badges in the game? Like that's the only explanation I can think of right now

Be careful, the amount of badges there ar win the games was acquired using data mining and cannot be talked about outside of the datamine thread.

knightwolf09

Hey, I saw this on Bulbagarden and was curious if I can get thoughts on it.

This was a translation from Japanese

Hello, I'm Japanese, so I may not be able to read your questions. Sorry, I will just give you the information that Lillie and Gladion are siblings. Lusamine is their mother. Their father is Colress.

Decidueye has the hidden ability Land Changer. If it uses a Flying move, it becomes immune to Ground moves, and if it uses a Ground move, it becomes immune to Electric moves. It learns Leaf Blade, Earth Power, Energy Ball, Fly, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, and Air Slash.

Incineroar has the hidden ability Dirty Muscle. It treats Fighting moves as Dark moves. It learns Flame Charge, Eruption, Patience(don't know what move that's supposed to be, Detect?), Counter, Knock Off, Roar(?), Beat Up, and Mud Bomb(?).

Primarina has the hidden ability Radio Rage. It makes sound moves 1.5X as powerful. It learns Boomburst, Scald, Moonblast, Psyshock, Freeze-Dry, Heal Bell, Uproar (or Hyper Voice), Bug Buzz, and Perish Song.

Their secret is that to fully evolve them, they must max affection in Pokemon Refresh.

Last edited:
If this is all true, then Decidueye and Primarina have some great HA's.

For Incineroar, is it for attacking fighting moves, or defending ones? If its defending, then that essentially means no fighting weakness. If it means attacking, then that essentially means a lesser variation of "Protean".

Status
Not open for further replies.