• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightwolf09

If this is all true, then Decidueye and Primarina have some great HA's.

For Incineroar, is it for attacking fighting moves, or defending ones? If its defending, then that essentially means no fighting weakness. If it means attacking, then that essentially means a lesser variation of "Protean".

I think it's for attacking. Think like Pixelate. But if it is defending, I'll this guy even more cause Fighting types were my biggest fear for this guy.

Ugh. I hope not. I want to keep the gimmicky stuff off of the starters.

It's probably the case since all the bios for the second stage starters talk about bonding with their trainer in order to get stronger. I could actually be nice to get you to interact with your pokemon more.

Last edited:

WyvernTamer

I guess powered up bug buzz and boomburst is okay...

Yeah If that's true I guess it's decent.... well boomburst anyway Bug buzz ehhh won't really do much for it, it can already destroy darks with moonblast. I guess it can provide some use to those pesky grass types. As for Incineroar I hope he gets something better then that. Wouldn't even mind if they made his base attack 95 and just gave huge power (Muscle man) and called it a day

I'm still a bit iffy on Dirty Muscle. If it works exactly like an -ate ability (like Pixelate or Aerialate), then it means that Incineroar can pick any fighting attack it wants, and get a Mega Boost off of it. If Incineroar got Close Combat, that would really, really, hurt. On the other hand, if this is how Dirty Muscle worked, then Darkest Lariat and Knock off would serve no purpose.

Now...if Dirty Muscle provides a STAB boost like a Dark type, but the attack stays fighting, then that would be awesome, as essentially Incineroar would be getting a third STAB to use without the weaknesses that come with it.

WyvernTamer

I'm still a bit iffy on Dirty Muscle. If it works exactly like an -ate ability (like Pixelate or Aerialate), then it means that Incineroar can pick any fighting attack it wants, and get a Mega Boost off of it. If Incineroar got Close Combat, that would really, really, hurt. On the other hand, if this is how Dirty Muscle worked, then Darkest Lariat and Knock off would serve no purpose.

Now...if Dirty Muscle provides a STAB boost like a Dark type, but the attack stays fighting, then that would be awesome, as essentially Incineroar would be getting a third STAB to use without the weaknesses that come with it.

That changes everything if it works like that !! 3 stab attacks without the burden of the type would be amazing !!

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Hey, I saw this on Bulbagarden and was curious if I can get thoughts on it.

This was a translation from Japanese

Hello, I'm Japanese, so I may not be able to read your questions. Sorry, I will just give you the information that Lillie and Gladion are siblings. Lusamine is their mother. Their father is Colress.

Decidueye has the hidden ability Land Changer. If it uses a Flying move, it becomes immune to Ground moves, and if it uses a Ground move, it becomes immune to Electric moves. It learns Leaf Blade, Earth Power, Energy Ball, Fly, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, and Air Slash.

Incineroar has the hidden ability Dirty Muscle. It treats Fighting moves as Dark moves. It learns Flame Charge, Eruption, Patience(don't know what move that's supposed to be, Detect?), Counter, Knock Off, Roar(?), Beat Up, and Mud Bomb(?).

Primarina has the hidden ability Radio Rage. It makes sound moves 1.5X as powerful. It learns Boomburst, Scald, Moonblast, Psyshock, Freeze-Dry, Heal Bell, Uproar (or Hyper Voice), Bug Buzz, and Perish Song.

Their secret is that to fully evolve them, they must max affection in Pokemon Refresh.

Yeah, there's no reason to believe that, especially since it was just randomly dropped on a forum without any pomp or circumstance. Besides, the Lusamine + Colress = Lillie/Gladion thing is from a debunked 4chan post that popped up a couple months ago.

DJStarstryker

To be fair, every game after gen 1 is a little gimmicky. Especially X and Y with Mega and now Sun and Moon with Z move. It isn't always a bad thing as long they take their time and work on the game with great care.Also this is the 20th Anniversary. So yeah, they should make something dealing with the Blue and Red.

They are gimmicky, but I think they're really also made for kids. Kids in Japan LOVE sentai shows (think Power Rangers). They've been big in Japan for many years. If you think about it, Megas are pretty much the equivalent of a Power Ranger getting into its giant robot to beat up some super enemy.

Z Moves are like the equivalent of doing some powerful sentai move. Heck, the player character even does some extremely sentai-inspired arm motions when using Z Moves. Super moves in sentai shows are generally only used once per episode too, so it fits with the being able to use Z Moves only once per battle.

Sure, all Pokemon players can enjoy Megas and Z Moves. But I do think they're primarily there to make kids excited about some really cool thing their Pokemon can do.

R_N

Hello, I'm Japanese, so I may not be able to read your questions. Sorry, I will just give you the information that Lillie and Gladion are siblings. Lusamine is their mother. Their father is Colress.

Decidueye has the hidden ability Land Changer. If it uses a Flying move, it becomes immune to Ground moves, and if it uses a Ground move, it becomes immune to Electric moves. It learns Leaf Blade, Earth Power, Energy Ball, Fly, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, and Air Slash.

Incineroar has the hidden ability Dirty Muscle. It treats Fighting moves as Dark moves. It learns Flame Charge, Eruption, Patience(don't know what move that's supposed to be, Detect?), Counter, Knock Off, Roar(?), Beat Up, and Mud Bomb(?).

Primarina has the hidden ability Radio Rage. It makes sound moves 1.5X as powerful. It learns Boomburst, Scald, Moonblast, Psyshock, Freeze-Dry, Heal Bell, Uproar (or Hyper Voice), Bug Buzz, and Perish Song.

Their secret is that to fully evolve them, they must max affection in Pokemon Refresh.

Is there any actual reason to believe any of this

Also I feel if that last part was real they would have said it in the first place when they revealed them.

Yeah, that was something else I wanted to know as well. Where did you find this information knightwolf? I just did a quick search on Bulbagarden and didn't find anything. Not saying its true, not saying its not true, just want a bit more info on the source.

knightwolf09

Yeah, that was something else I wanted to know as well. Where did you find this information knightwolf? I just did a quick search on Bulbagarden and didn't find anything. Not saying its true, not saying its not true, just want a bit more info on the source.

I got it from the rumors section.

Yeah, sorry but I call Tapu Bulu on this. While everything sounds really impressive, it seems a little too convenient and fan-pandering to believe

Mind telling me how?

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Mind telling me how?
First, sorry if I sounded too mean or I seemed like a jerk before. Second, the main reason why I thought that was the statement that Lusamine and Colress were Lillie and Gladion's parents since so many people speculated that Colress would return. Plus, it kind of doesn't sound like something the games would normally do.

Also, while I love the idea of having the starters evolving into their final forms through max affection, and it would work with the info in the descriptions about how the mid stages need strong bonds with their trainers, I don't think Game Freak would make a drastic change like that

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
First, sorry if I sounded too mean or I seemed like a jerk before. Second, the main reason why I thought that was the statement that Lusamine and Colress were Lillie and Gladion's parents since so many people speculated that Colress would return.

Also, there was already a post on 4chan a couple months back that made the same claim, but was totally and utterly debunked. Also, this "leak" refers to Colress as "Colorless", and not his actual Japanese name, "Achroma".

knightwolf09

First, sorry if I sounded too mean or I seemed like a jerk before. Second, the main reason why I thought that was the statement that Lusamine and Colress were Lillie and Gladion's parents since so many people speculated that Colress would return. Plus, it kind of doesn't sound like something the games would normally do.

Also, while I love the idea of having the starters evolving into their final forms through max affection, and it would work with the info in the descriptions about how the mid stages need strong bonds with their trainers, I don't think Game Freak would make a drastic change like that

Don't worry, you didn't sound like a jerk or anything. Though I find it funny that we're skeptical on what gamefreak would do afterall the crazy things we've been getting in this game, I long believe they would do whatever they please now. What they normally do doesn't really matter for these games anymore. Also since the games have greatly pointed that past characters will be in these games. I would not be too surprised if Colress was in these games. Especially when he was hinted at in X and Y.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Yeah, I'm calling fake. Max affection? Do you know how hard it is to achieve that karp in XY?

knightwolf09

Yeah, I'm calling fake. Max affection? Do you know how hard it is to achieve that karp in XY?

Well remember, you can to refresh as soon as you win a battle. So if you do that by the baby stage it shouldn't be that long. Also I heard the mini games are gone and you get the food in pokepelago. So really it's not that tedious as last game.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Plus Bug Buzz makes no sense for Primarina, it's not a bug, and no other sound based Pokemon like Exploud get it.

Yeah, I mean, it would likely at least have to be insect-like (like Vibrava) to learn it.

Honestly, there's a lot about that 4chan post that seems out of place and implausible.

Well remember, you can to refresh as soon as you win a battle. So if you do that by the baby stage it shouldn't be that long. Also I heard the mini games are gone and you get the food in pokepelago. So really it's not that tedious as last game.

Yes, you can, but it doesn't open up right away (or if it does that hasn't been clearly defined). Besides, a lot of people are going to skip over the feature (since, as I've found, many people aren't aware that it can cure status), and then be confused when their Starters don't evolve. Not to mention that this could conviecably allow players acces to a fully evolved starter right away. I can't see GF allowing people to access legal Level 17 final Starter Evos. It is a very odd choice, and I can't really see it happening.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
JV pretty much said it all.

Not to mention, if Refresh is anything like Amie (which it probably is), then it still takes SUPER long to get five hearts.

knightwolf09

Yeah, I mean, it would likely at least have to be insect-like (like Vibrava) to learn it.

Honestly, there's a lot about that 4chan post that seems out of place and implausible.

Yes, you can, but it doesn't open up right away (or if it does that hasn't been clearly defined). Besides, a lot of people are going to skip over the feature (since, as I've found, many people aren't aware that it can cure status), and then be confused when their Starters don't evolve. Not to mention that this could conviecably allow players acces to a fully evolved starter right away. I can't see GF allowing people to access legal Level 17 final Starter Evos. It is a very odd choice, and I can't really see it happening.

It does open right away now, like as soon as you get EXP at the end of the battle you have the option to go straight to it. Also out of all the stuff they've been pulling in these games, stuff that people say they "can't see happening" happened, you still want to think some things can't happen? There are many pokemon that people who don't know how to evolve certain pokemon, because not all of them evolve by leveling up. That's what the internet is for, and the guidebook is for, which gives the money. Keep an open mind my friend. Open mind.

JV pretty much said it all.

Not to mention, if Refresh is anything like Amie (which it probably is), then it still takes SUPER long to get five hearts.

Half of that time was due to mini games. Which was a huge chunk of the long process. And now they're not in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.