• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What raised a red flag for me (even after reading the original Japanese post on 4chan) was Incineroar. There was a lot of inconsistency surrounding him. Some parts of his post said Close Combat, some didn't, some said Aura Sphere, some said Mud Bomb.

And then there is his "supposed" HA of Dirty Muscle. It's too ambigious. Why would Decidueye and Primarina get straight to the point and awesome HA's, while Incineroar gets one that is not really clear?

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
wait, no minigames in pokerefresh? but I liked the minigames...

btw, does anyone know if there's been any date announced for new information? I know there's the datamine thread, but I what I want to know is the typing for that one pokemon that was leaked on the trading card booster box, and was wondering if there's a chance that we'll know it before the game comes out. Personally I'm hoping poison/fairy, but the most popular guess seems to be poison/water.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
It does open right away now, like as soon as you get EXP at the end of the battle you have the option to go straight to it. Also out of all the stuff they've been pulling in these games, stuff that people say they "can't see happening" happened, you still want to think some things can't happen? There are many pokemon that people who don't know how to evolve certain pokemon, because not all of them evolve by leveling up. That's what the internet is for, and the guidebook is for, which gives the money. Keep an open mind my friend. Open mind.

Ok, I have seen nothing that has shown or stated that Refresh can open at the end of a battle like you're suggesting. That was not shown in either the English or Japanese trailers, nor was it described as working that way on the site.

But that aside, the issue here is more with this "leak" than anything else, which we shouldn't even be discussing if I'm not mistaken...so I'm going to stop now before anyone gets in trouble.

knightwolf09

Ok, I have seen nothing that has shown or stated that Refresh can open at the end of a battle like you're suggesting. That was not shown in either the English or Japanese trailers, nor was it described as working that way on the site.

But that aside, the issue here is more with this "leak" than anything else, which we shouldn't even be discussing if I'm not mistaken...so I'm going to stop now before anyone gets in trouble.

The Refresh thing was said from someone that got to play the game. You know, like many other news sites did.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
The Refresh thing was said from someone that got to play the game. You know, like many other news sites did.

Mind linking a source? I didn't read that in any of the articles I read about hands-on play, and I'm always happy to read more details.

noakai

Mind linking a source? I didn't read that in any of the articles I read about hands-on play, and I'm always happy to read more details.

This one mentioned you go into it by pressing Y:

After scraps with wild Pokémon or rival Trainers, you can tap the Y button to enter this straight away.

There are two others that talked about it, and this is how they described it:

Post-battle, Sun and Moon introduces a new grooming mechanic to help you forge a closer bond with your respective team members. Unlike X and Y's Pokemon Amie, which was accessible at any time, Sun and Moon's grooming mini-games only appear at the end of battle when you level up.

Battles can then conclude with a post-fight mini-game similar to X and Y's Poké Amie feature where, charmingly, you can give your weary Pokémon some aftercare.

So I'm not sure if it's truly only accessible right after a battle but it might be. But if that's the case, I would think that the mini-games are gone, since you'd have to go through a ridiculous amount of battles in order to access Refresh enough times to get those hearts up for every single Pokemon you train. It would also make it slightly more difficult to get your choice Pokemon's affection level up though since you might have to end battles with that specific Pokemon to be able to use Refresh with it, I think? We'll have to see.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

So I'm not sure if it's truly only accessible right after a battle but it might be. But if that's the case, I would think that the mini-games are gone, since you'd have to go through a ridiculous amount of battles in order to access Refresh enough times to get those hearts up for every single Pokemon you train. It would also make it slightly more difficult to get your choice Pokemon's affection level up though since you might have to end battles with that specific Pokemon to be able to use Refresh with it, I think? We'll have to see.

I see, though I'll have to take your word on the last two articles, as one wouldn't let me view it (all the words were replaced with lines) and the other link was broken.

And I highly doubt it will only be able to be accessed post-battle. If that were the case, it would likely not get used enough to allow for any significant chance, as you said. That really throughs a wrench in things, especially for anyone wanting to use a Sylveon. Boy am I glad my girl Ribbon is already evolved and ready for (eventual) transfer if the only post-battle thing is true.

Still, I see it going largely unused, especially by the hardcores will will deem it as "making the game too easy" just like the returning revamped Exp. Share (which was also confirmed by hands-on previews).

noakai

I see, though I'll have to take your word on the last two articles, as one wouldn't let me view it (all the words were replaced with lines) and the other link was broken.

And I highly doubt it will only be able to be accessed post-battle. If that were the case, it would likely not get used enough to allow for any significant chance, as you said. That really throughs a wrench in things, especially for anyone wanting to use a Sylveon. Boy am I glad my girl Ribbon is already evolved and ready for (eventual) transfer if the only post-battle thing is true.

Still, I see it going largely unused, especially by the hardcores will will deem it as "making the game too easy" just like the returning revamped Exp. Share (which was also confirmed by hands-on previews).

I'm sorry, I don't know what I did, maybe if I just directly link them?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-11-two-hours-with-pokemon-sun-and-moon
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/nint...view-hands-on-with-the-best-pokemon-games-yet

I'm waiting to see how it works when the actual game comes out but I'm trying to prepare for only being able to use it immediately post battle just in case lol. It might just have been the impression they got from playing, or it worked like that just for the build they let people play, or maybe it actually is only accessible post battle. November 18 can't get here soon enough.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I'm sorry, I don't know what I did, maybe if I just directly link them?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-11-two-hours-with-pokemon-sun-and-moon
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/nint...view-hands-on-with-the-best-pokemon-games-yet

I'm waiting to see how it works when the actual game comes out but I'm trying to prepare for only being able to use it immediately post battle just in case lol. It might just have been the impression they got from playing, or it worked like that just for the build they let people play, or maybe it actually is only accessible post battle. November 18 can't get here soon enough.

It was the one linked by "others" that was broken, by the by, and the expertreviews article was not your fault at all (it wants me to fill out a survey to view the article, but I guess the site is glitching, because the survey disappears before I can interact with it).

I think it was just their impression, though, as it would force EXP grinding if you wanted to do some affection grinding, and it would make more sense to keep the two separate. I know it wasn't the build, though, as it was apparently the finished build of the game that these previewers were playing.

I wouldn't be surprised if people got details wrong, though. There were a lot of reviewers who mistakingly reported that "the entire type chart changed", when it was really only the introduction of Fairy and Steel's interactions with Dark and Ghost that were new. There are just a lot of people who end up reviewing Pokemon games who don't actually know much about Pokemon, it would seem. :p

gliscor&yanmega

So I'm not sure if it's truly only accessible right after a battle but it might be. But if that's the case, I would think that the mini-games are gone, since you'd have to go through a ridiculous amount of battles in order to access Refresh enough times to get those hearts up for every single
Pokemon you train. It would also make it slightly more difficult to get your choice Pokemon's affection level up though since you might have to end battles with that specific Pokemon to be able to use Refresh with it, I think? We'll have to see.
Pretty sure there is an icon on the menu page for it, seems pointless to have if it can't be used from there.
While you may have a quick access to it after a battle, you should still be able to access it at any time.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
19 days till games come out !
Gonna get it on E-shop the moment it comes out.. it gets released on the E-shop right away. right? I remember it was the case when ORAS were first released..

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
It was the one linked by "others" that was broken, by the by, and the expertreviews article was not your fault at all (it wants me to fill out a survey to view the article, but I guess the site is glitching, because the survey disappears before I can interact with it).

I think it was just their impression, though, as it would force EXP grinding if you wanted to do some affection grinding, and it would make more sense to keep the two separate. I know it wasn't the build, though, as it was apparently the finished build of the game that these previewers were playing.

I wouldn't be surprised if people got details wrong, though. There were a lot of reviewers who mistakingly reported that "the entire type chart changed", when it was really only the introduction of Fairy and Steel's interactions with Dark and Ghost that were new. There are just a lot of people who end up reviewing Pokemon games who don't actually know much about Pokemon, it would seem. :p

At less they don't hold too much water LMAO

knightwolf09

Pretty sure there is an icon on the menu page for it, seems pointless to have if it can't be used from there.
While you may have a quick access to it after a battle, you should still be able to access it at any time.

Niconico did show it's still accessible through the menu. So you can go in either after battle or just whenever you want, with chances being you'll mostly go to refresh to cure you pokemon and stuff.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
Primarina has the hidden ability Radio Rage. It makes sound moves 1.5X as powerful. It learns Boomburst, Scald, Moonblast, Psyshock, Freeze-Dry, Heal Bell, Uproar (or Hyper Voice), Bug Buzz, and Perish Song.

Their secret is that to fully evolve them, they must max affection in Pokemon Refresh.

If true I guess my moveset for Primarina will be Scald, Moonblast, Ice Beam and Psyshock.

I'm still hoping Primarina will learn at least one ground type move though as all the other water starters learned Dig before.

As for the starters not fully evolving until max affection through Pokemon Refresh I hope not.

future.newyorker

If true I guess my moveset for Primarina will be Scald, Moonblast, Ice Beam and Psyshock.

I'm still hoping Primarina will learn at least one ground type move though as all the other water starters learned Dig before.

As for the starters not fully evolving until max affection through Pokemon Refresh I hope not.

GF tends to be wanting Refresh to be more involved in the game than Amie was, and the whole bond with their trainer thing that is in quite a few descriptions (Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Rockruff, Type: Null) it seems likely that affection through Refresh is the secret that they all have.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
GF tends to be wanting Refresh to be more involved in the game than Amie was, and the whole bond with their trainer thing that is in quite a few descriptions (Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Rockruff, Type: Null) it seems likely that affection through Refresh is the secret that they all have.
That really doesn't mean anything. They just want to show you "caring" for the Pokémon that's your first partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.