• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheld999

It doesn't. They're just saying that because the kid returns to Japan after moving to Hawaii, so people are equating that to returning to Kanto because, in the demo, it is mentioned that the player is from Kanto.

But there is no hard evidence, just speculation.

its also proven in the real games we moved from kanto is-well

plus japan is closer to hawaii in real life so kanto - alola is which they theroying

Akashin

The main thing for me is that I can't fathom why Red and Blue would be at the Battle Tree if we'd be returning to Kanto and could just find them there anyway.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
The main thing for me is that I can't fathom why Red and Blue would be at the Battle Tree if we'd be returning to Kanto and could just find them there anyway.

Japanese trailer has Blue stating both himself and Red were asked to be the 'leaders' of the Battle Tree, or something along this line.

Akashin

Japanese trailer has Blue stating both himself and Red were asked to be the 'leaders' of the Battle Tree, or something along this line.

But the point remains, why go with a storyline like that to shoehorn them into the games if a revisit to Kanto were to be planned?

Why they're at the Battle Tree isn't important. It's that they're there in the first place.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
But the point remains, why go with a storyline like that to shoehorn them into the games if a revisit to Kanto were to be planned?

Why they're at the Battle Tree isn't important. It's that they're there in the first place.

Cynthia and Caitlin show up in BW/B2W2, but you don't revisit Sinnoh in those games. Jasmine shows up in D/P/Pt, but you don't revisit Johto in those games (though we did get HG/SS that Gen). And every former Champion reappeared at the PWT, as did every Gym Leader (sans Koga), in B2W2, but you don't revisit any of their regions in those games.

Red and Blue being in the game doesn't signal a return to Kanto. It's just another Gen 1 nod for the 20th. You're reading a bit too much into things there, buddy.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Cynthia and Caitlin show up in BW/B2W2, but you don't revisit Sinnoh in those games. Jasmine shows up in D/P/Pt, but you don't revisit Johto in those games (though we did get HG/SS that Gen). And every former Champion reappeared at the PWT, as did every Gym Leader (sans Koga), in B2W2, but you don't revisit any of their regions in those games.

Red and Blue being in the game doesn't signal a return to Kanto. It's just another Gen 1 nod for the 20th. You're reading a bit too much into things there, buddy.
Pretty sure you misinterpreted what Akashin was saying as the complete opposite of what he meant. He's saying that it would be silly to have Red and Blue show up in SuMo if the player got to go to Kanto anyway. You're agreeing. :p

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Pretty sure you misinterpreted what Akashin was saying as the complete opposite of what he meant. He's saying that it would be silly to have Red and Blue show up in SuMo if the player got to go to Kanto anyway. You're agreeing. :p

Oh. Sorry to Akashin then...I am very tired o_O

Still the point still stands for anyone who thinks we'll return to Kanto, I guess.

Baggie_Saiyan

IF. We do go to another region Kalos makes the most sense since it's already been modelled in 3D.

TranquilSea

Indeed, with how open and organic the Alola region looks, Kalos as it was in X/Y would look pretty bad in comparison. They'd have to do some redesigning, give it some new textures, make models for all the chibi NPCs, and rework the camera too.

future.newyorker

Indeed, with how open and organic the Alola region looks, Kalos as it was in X/Y would look pretty bad in comparison. They'd have to do some redesigning, give it some new textures, make models for all the chibi NPCs, and rework the camera too.

Which isn't impossible, seeing as it's been 3 years since XY were released.

Baggie_Saiyan

Basis is there though instead of doing it all from scratch which is what would happen if we went back to Kanto.

Anyway I highly doubt we're going back to any region, if Kalos why not give A-Greninja there and then as others said why have Red and Blue specifically in Alola if we go back to Kanto.

TranquilSea

Which isn't impossible, seeing as it's been 3 years since XY were released.
It's not impossible, but I just don't expect Game Freak to give us too much at once anymore. The impression I get from them based on their past decisions is that they're more than willing to milk their fanbase. If they were going to put in that effort to renovate Kalos, they could very well have that as the second set of Gen 7 games and cash in on that. The same logic applies to a Kanto revisit.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
To anyone thinking we will visit a second region: we aren't. Give it up. 3.2GB holding two regions is IMPOSSIBLE. They added A LOT of new models (trainers, pokemon, etc) and move animations. Not to mention all the new textures they have to use for the redesigned overworld.

The reason we got Zygarde stuff was because they CAN'T let us visit Kalos, because it isn't possible to do so while keeping the game small in size.

BlitzGirl41

To anyone thinking we will visit a second region: we aren't. Give it up. 3.2GB holding two regions is IMPOSSIBLE. They added A LOT of new models (trainers, pokemon, etc) and move animations. Not to mention all the new textures they have to use for the redesigned overworld.

The reason we got Zygarde stuff was because they CAN'T let us visit Kalos, because it isn't possible to do so while keeping the game small in size.

I agree with this. But I also am just a bit biased against Kalos (really did not enjoy the France inspiration or many of the Pokemon).

TranquilSea

I don't know about a second region being impossible based on file size alone. X/Y and OR/AS were both shy of 2 GB and supposedly a good half of their file size is attributed to the high quality Pokemon models. Assuming this is an accurate account, that means everything else that takes up significant space - overworld textures, NPC models, music - all add up to roughly 1 GB; between those three things, the soundtrack is probably the largest.

The difference between X/Y and S/M is about 1.5 GB. If enough assets are recycled between 2 regions, it's theoretically quite possible for S/M to be a 2-region game.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
I don't know about a second region being impossible based on file size alone. X/Y and OR/AS were both shy of 2 GB and supposedly a good half of their file size is attributed to the high quality Pokemon models. Assuming this is an accurate account, that means everything else that takes up significant space - overworld textures, NPC models, music - all add up to roughly 1 GB; between those three things, the soundtrack is probably the largest.

The difference between X/Y and S/M is about 1.5 GB. If enough assets are recycled between 2 regions, it's theoretically quite possible for S/M to be a 2-region game.

Not really. You have to realize Kalos would have to be completely redesigned, then textures and models would need to be applied, potentially doubling the file size of the Kalos region making Sun/Moon possibly reach 6GB in size. While 3DS Cartridges can hold 8GB, it would be unreasonable to have a 3DS game be such size.

BlitzGirl41

I also just keep wondering why people think that Alola and Kalos are related in any way. The Zygarde presence in S/M is going to feel so disconnected. France and Hawaii? Like two different worlds. At least Kanto and Johto are more similar than dissimilar (looking at G/S/HG/SS's post game).

kawaiiconcept

TOP OF THE MORNIN'
I also just keep wondering why people think that Alola and Kalos are related in any way. The Zygarde presence in S/M is going to feel so disconnected. France and Hawaii? Like two different worlds. At least Kanto and Johto are more similar than dissimilar (looking at G/S/HG/SS's post game).

remember that early theory that jhoto was going to be connected to alola much like kanto was connected to kalos?
and by connected I mean influenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.