• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But a lot of those don't strike me as loose ends as they weren't at all important to the story.

1. Does it matter who they were at war with? From interviews I've read they only included such a huge war to contrast how the pokemon world has changed from the ancient past, the politics of it were not important. And I don't recall any indications of a recent Kalos war.

2. Given it got its own signature move it seems they planned for AZ's Floette to be an event pokemon. As for what it is, its a pokemon mutated by the Ultimate Weapon, similar to how AZ was.

3. The Draconids were an ORAS thing, not Kalos, and is there any reason to think they were anything more than what they were stated to be, namely a secretive group of keepers of ancient knowledge regarding Rayquaza?

4. I'm pretty sure Lysandre's fate would depend on the version, since in one he intends to use the last of the weapon's power to make the group immortal, and in Y version he intends to simply kill them.

5. AZ's brother was a fellow royal and Lysandre's ancestor. If you mean what was his name then that doesn't seem all that important or a loose end.

6. I'm pretty sure one point made during the whole parallel universe story in ORAS is that in the non-mega timeline the Kalos war and Ultimate Weapon never happened, hence why mega stones never became widespread.

Sure, I'm not saying they are. For myself, XY's problems weren't story based, but rather to do with the pace. The first 30 minutes whizz you from your house to Aquacorde, whilst all of a sudden you have friends and a Pokémon who are more than willing to do just about anything with seconds of meeting them, including getting destroyed by your starter.

But, to play devil's advocate:
1. Well, no, not really, but it's a question many have been pondering seeing as there are no such signs in the real world of any such war taking place in Western Europe, whereas previous plot points have been based on the real world (such as truth vs ideals representing the American Civil War in Unova). And yes, Parfum Palace was built 300 years prior to XY by the respective king of Kalos at that time after victory against neighbouring regions, made even more intriguing by the fact that Zekrom and Reshiram statues reside here alongside a knight with a team of primarily Unovan Pokémon.

2. Here I was speaking more along the lines of "is it supposed to be an ancient example of the Battle Bond phenomenon?" and that kind of thing. It was revived using the life force of other Pokémon; there's nothing to show that it was "mutated" by the weapon, but rather gained the energy of some of the Pokémon sacrificed to give it life.

3. My point was that Rayquaza mega evolved seemingly well before Lucario in Kalos, and from a completely different source of energy (well, arguably). Zinnia speaking about the multiverse and the Draconids seemingly not being around doesn't raise any eyebrows?

4. Well, not really. Regardless of the version, Lysandre's fate is kept under wraps with him not escaping the hideout. Him threatening the player with eternal life/death has no impact on his fate as far as I can remember.

5. Again, i was just bringing up some questions others have had. I don't really see any of these as loose ends per se.

6. Actually, if I recall correctly, the implication was that the war still happened but AZ did not build and use his ultimate weapon (which was the cause of stones being infused with the life energy of dead Pokémon, making them Mega Stones), and that as a result Kalos lost the war and ceased to exist, hence the lack of reference to them in games outside of the Mega Evolution timeline (enforced by the interweaving presence of other regions throughout the core series before this).

I'm with you, though: I don't see the point in returning to a Kalos just for a Zygarde arc or a completion of a revived Flare arc or what-have-you.

Following Gamexplain's videos, about Pokemon league, and gyms being built... just to justify 7 z crystal missing a giveaway character, well.. there are 7 ultrabeast in each version... maybe we'll get a z crystal from each ultrabeast, Beauty looks like a fairy, so maybe we'll get that crystal from her, and so on with the remaining utrabeasts... (I like more the name UltraBeings)

We don't know if the other ultra beasts are in both versions yet. It might go like this:
UB-01
Beauty/Absorption
UB/UB
UB/UB
UB

To me that makes sense considering that it would mean five ultra beasts in a version - four islands and a man-made one. One per island.

Plus, I think we'll likely get five Z-crystals from the league, plus maybe one from Kukui and perhaps one from from Hala, considering Kukui is the professor and Hala gives you your Pokemon.

Last edited:

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
So with Pre-loading now available for both games... I assume that the entire game will be subject to leak once dataminers have cracked the files?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Perhaps surprisingly, nope: http://pastebin.com/28CW3zxq

I like their description of the protection the pre-download has:

"If they are prepurchasable, they're still protected by a 128-bit value, which nobody can brute-force before the universe dies."

Fantastic.

Quick question, do we know how the Magearna event is going to work for Sun and Moon? I know it's a Qr code event but what I mean is how will they distribute it? Will it be given out in stores on launch day/given away via scan over the internet?

What details do we actually have? Cheers :)

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Guys, we're now roughly 18 days away from Sun and Moon launch.

Eighteen days.

... This feels unreal.

Orphalesion

and that as a result Kalos lost the war and ceased to exist, hence the lack of reference to them in games outside of the Mega Evolution timeline (enforced by the interweaving presence of other regions throughout the core series before this).

That just seems needlessly complicated. We have never heard of any region before it was created/released, what makes Kalos so different from the others in that regard? Also in this case why wouldn't we have heard of the conquerors then instead?

Sakuraba

That just seems needlessly complicated. We have never heard of any region before it was created/released, what makes Kalos so different from the others in that regard? Also in this case why wouldn't we have heard of the conquerors then instead?

Pretty much. We never heard of Unova before Gen 5, Sinnoh before Gen 4 and so on. Hell, we never heard about Johto in RGB and it's literally right ****ing there. I feel this is just over-complicating things for no reason.

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
Does anyone have a bit knowledge on how much movesets tend to change inbetween generations? I am particularly interested in the distribution of Weather Ball. Do you guys think more gen 1-6 Pokémon will get it in Sun and Moon?

future.newyorker

The only region we've heard about before it came to be is Alola. And that was the vaguest mention of it in XY there could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.