• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor Petit

King killer
I need to see a moondial in these games or at least something connected to X&Y. They can't just give us Zygarde and the cells like: that's all and you'll be happy with that. Pray for a solid lore for S&M and a little more from Kalos

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Anyway, I think we can expect the Alolan Sandshrew - Vulpix lines to be version exclusive, since they are both Ice-types (and the only Alolan Kanto Pokémon to be of that type).

Were their lines version-exclusive before? If yes, then we can expect the same thing to happen here.

They weren't exclusives then and they aren't now. If they were, don't you think they would've announced that along with the forms?

We never get Pokemon revealed only to later find out they're exclusives. Swirlix/Spritzee and Clauncher/Skrelp were immediately revealed as exclusives in XY.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
They weren't exclusives then and they aren't now. If they were, don't you think they would've announced that along with the forms?

We never get Pokemon revealed only to later find out they're exclusives. Swirlix/Spritzee and Clauncher/Skrelp were immediately revealed as exclusives in XY.

Well, too be fair, Braviary wasn't revealed to be an exclusive before B/W dropped, mostly because Mandibuzz wasn't shown pre-launch.

But I do agree. Since the Alolan Vulpix and Sandshrew lines were revealed alongside one another, it wouldn't make much sense not to reveal their exclusivity at that time, so odds are they aren't exclusives.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Braviary and Glameow say hi.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
So I went to Gamestop to trade in some games for Sun(and payed the remaining amount) and found out it's at 12:00 am to get the games. Starts at 9 pm to pre-purchase the games so you can pick those up when it's midnight. There is no getting it at 9 pm(except if you buy digitally in west coast). I read their poster about it.

My brother seems to not have his glasses when he told me about giving those out early that day. -_-

Orphalesion

So I went to Gamestop to trade in some games for Sun(and payed the remaining amount) and found out it's at 12:00 am to get the games. Starts at 9 pm to pre-purchase the games so you can pick those up when it's midnight. There is no getting it at 9 pm(except if you buy digitally in west coast). I read their poster about it.

My brother seems to not have his glasses when he told me about giving those out early that day. -_-

At least you can go and pick up a copy easily I ;ive in the *** end of nowhere right now and have to wait till I have time to drive to the next town with an electronics store to pick it up. Europe will likely get those games before me. Europe will get them before me *cry*

future.newyorker

At least you can go and pick up a copy easily I ;ive in the *** end of nowhere right now and have to wait till I have time to drive to the next town with an electronics store to pick it up. Europe will likely get those games before me. Europe will get them before me *cry*

Hey, I'm picking mine up on the way to school that day, then I have to wait until I get out of school and drive home for the holiday before I can even play mine. :(

Sakuraba

At least you can pick it up easy. Us brazilian fans have to either import it, and get it Arceus knows when if we actually get it. Or pay an extra amount (which the thing is already expensive enough) in a less than white store/market to get the physical version.

That or we are stuck with a digital copy. And I refuse to have a non-physical copy or Pokémon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope to Arceus Sandshrew and Vulpix aren't Moon exclusive. I love them both and don't want it being a pain in the *** to get one.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I hope to Arceus Sandshrew and Vulpix aren't Moon exclusive. I love them both and don't want it being a pain in the *** to get one.

I know that's just a typo, but I kind of want to see what an Arceus Sandshrew and Arceus Vulpix would look like :p

DrakeKoryu

If they end up being exclusive to Moon I can always trade one of them for you if you want :D, I want some of the Sun exclusive mons anyway hehehe

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
It would be a horrible fusion of Arceus with a Sandshrew/Vulpix, so horrible that will give you the horror for weeks. Jk

Am I the only one who hopes Arceus gets a new form this gen?

I mean, does it really need one? It has 720 BST, access to held items (unlike Megas), an incredibly wide and potent movepool, and it can be any Type.

Beside, thanks to Silvally we have a mini-Arceus, and then there's Type: Null below that, giving us an Arceus for every occasion, as it were.

Which actually makes me wonder if Type: Null will be banned from Little Cup...It probably will.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It would be a horrible fusion of Arceus with a Sandshrew/Vulpix, so horrible that will give you the horror for weeks. Jk

Am I the only one who hopes Arceus gets a new form this gen?

No, but I want an Arceus forme because of the legendary Megas, particularly against Mega Rayquaza.

It is not as important as something new for Dialga/Palkia or the rest of the Sinnoh legendaries though.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Hey, I'm picking mine up on the way to school that day, then I have to wait until I get out of school and drive home for the holiday before I can even play mine. :(
Oh no, that sounds terrible, tell me more about how you get to play the games the day of the first release whilst us European's have to wait 5 extra days to get it.

wilmawong

Yeah, I don't get that. Isn't this the second time in a row Europe has been made to wait longer. Yet they can manage to release it all over the rest of the world on the 18th.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Yeah, I don't get that. Isn't this the second time in a row Europe has been made to wait longer. Yet they can manage to release it all over the rest of the world on the 18th.

Yeah they did it with ORAS, to punish us for releasing XY early in some parts of Italy and Spain.

I find it totally unfair now for us Brits, we're no longer technically part of EU rules thanks to Brexit, but still part of the continent, and we're being punished too.

I'm just hoping because I've ordered with the Official Nintendo store, I get it early. I got to play Blue on the Virtual console 5 days early because I preordered the Blue 2DS and it arrived 5 days early.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Well, the most likely reasoning behind it is that it's easier to publish and ship in Japan/US due to things like shipping rates, licensing deals and distribution deals. TPCi and Nintendo would have to delay the games coming out in Asia/The Americas/other major trade areas in order to make a simultaneous international release happen, and they may have had a bad experience trying to make that work for X/Y.

The rumored reasoning, though, is because of retailers in Europe breaking street date for X/Y (I hear certain French retailers were especially bad about this, but don't quote me on that) , and so they are trying to circumvent that by means of a delay.

wilmawong

Well, the most likely reasoning behind it is that it's easier to publish and ship in Japan/US due to things like shipping rates, licensing deals and distribution deals. TPCi and Nintendo would have to delay the games coming out in Asia/The Americas/other major trade areas in order to make a simultaneous international release happen, and they may have had a bad experience trying to make that work for X/Y.

The rumored reasoning, though, is because of retailers in Europe breaking street date for X/Y (I hear certain French retailers were especially bad about this, but don't quote me on that) , and so they are trying to circumvent that by means of a delay.

I must admit I had X/Y 4 days early from a UK retailer, but punishing the players rather than the retailers seems like biting the hand that feeds you. I know I'm totally incapable of not looking at leaks, so the whole game will be revealed before I even get my copies

Status
Not open for further replies.