• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Well friend, that's debatable (Though a debate about it seems pointless).
I like the generation 5 Pokemon designs, however, they do seem more...realistic(?) compared to other Pokemon.

Not sure how they are realistic at all....I mean an ice cream cone with eyes isnt very realistic, or a coffin ghost. Maybe because they were sprites people perceive them differently I guess.

TyLogic

Not sure how they are realistic at all....I mean an ice cream cone with eyes isnt very realistic, or a coffin ghost. Maybe because they were sprites people perceive them differently I guess.

Well, what I meant was that their designs aren't as vague or ambiguous. The art-style changed from generation 4 to generation 5.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Well, what I meant was that their designs aren't as vague or ambiguous. The art-style changed from generation 4 to generation 5.
Well, in all fairness, pretty much every generation has a different art style (or at least it feels like it).

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

I guess, but you could kind of say the same for every gen, they all have their own slightly different style. Maybe something about the gen5 style turned some people off.

Baggie_Saiyan

(Insert something about Trubbish and Vanilite here)

But yeah, I agree, gen 5 had some great designs for me. I really love 'Mon like Mienshao, Volcarona, Zebstrika, etc. It's a shame the gen gets so much hate, and mostly because of just two Pokémon.

Problem with Gen 5 was that they were so many new mons that not all were going to look great. That kind of skews it. In my opinion gen 5 had at least 1 good designed Pokémon for every bad designed Pokémon but in the end the good designed Mons outweighed the not so good ones.

Like Gen 6 had such a small roster that the bad designed mons didn't matter or rather they became an after thought to some people.

Gen 5 tried to reboot the franchise (at least it felt that way) so in that sense I understand all the Mons they felt like they had to introduce but by the time BW2 came out they fixed this by having old mons mixed in the the new that was probably the biggest problem for the Gen 5 hate that they forced people to use new Mons in BW1.

Gen 5 is my least favoured Gen but that's more to do with how I dislike the region then anything else, like the overworld and everything looked great but I just didn't like the Unove region. And I'm done rambling lol.

TyLogic

Well, in all fairness, pretty much every generation has a different art style (or at least it feels like it).

Well, the art work has only gotten better, however, in my opinion, generation 1 and 2's art-style are the same, generation 3's takes a significant jump, generation 4 is different, and generation 5 and 6's are the same. I don't know what to make of generation 7's art-style.

Sakuraba

And it changed again from Gen 5 to Gen 6. And now from Gen 6 to Gen 7. There's really not a big surprise there.

TyLogic

And it changed again from Gen 5 to Gen 6. And now from Gen 6 to Gen 7. There's really not a big surprise there.

Yeah, but each change in art-style can be seen as a stepping-stone to the current art-style. In generation 5, the style is so different that it is easily recognizable. It's easy to compare the art-atyle of generation 1 to the art-style of generation 2, but it's a little more difficult to compare the art-style of generation 1 to the art-style of generation 5, 6, or 7 (for obvious reasons). Would you not agree? Even if don't agree, it's only my opinion friend. That's just how I feel about the designs.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yeah, but each change in art-style can be seen as a stepping-step to the current art-style. In generation 5, the style is so different that it is easily recognizable. It's easy to compare the art-atyle of generation 1 to the art-style of generation 2, but it's a little more difficult to compare the art-style of generation 1 to the art-style of generation 5, 6, or 7 (for obvious reasons). Would you not agree? Even if don't agree, it's only my opinion friend. That's just how I feel about the designs.

Well yea, that goes with the whole thing of how the style changes slightly each gen. From 1 to 2 it's not a big difference at all. From gen 1 to 3 though, it is more of a difference. Then to gen 4, etc. Gen 5 to 6 isn't big, but gen 5 to gen 7 is a little more.

TyLogic

Well yea, that goes with the whole thing of how the style changes slightly each gen. From 1 to 2 it's not a big difference at all. From gen 1 to 3 though, it is more of a difference. Then to gen 4, etc. Gen 5 to 6 isn't big, but gen 5 to gen 7 is a little more.

Exactly. Really, all it is (to me at least), is that Pokemon has grown. This leads to different art-styles and inspirations, which some fans might find too different from the Pokemon generation they initially got interested in. This will also lead said fans to believe that Pokemon is "running out of ideas" among other false claims. Though that is just some of them. The reason people don't like a generation will vary by person. For some, it might be the theme of the region or the generation.
Generation 6 is my least favorite generation.

Relax

Does Sun and Moon run good on a 2DS or are the graphics bad compared to a 3ds?
I didn't download the demo because I want the game to be a surprise(gameplay atleast).

BCVM22

Putting aside the fact that we don't have the games yet, the 2DS and 3DS are identical internally. There shouldn't be any difference.

Relax

Putting aside the fact that we don't have the games yet, the 2DS and 3DS are identical internally. There shouldn't be any difference.

So in the Demo of Sun and Moon there is no difference in graphics/performance between a 2DS and a 3DS?

future.newyorker

So in the Demo of Sun and Moon there is no difference in graphics/performance between a 2DS and a 3DS?

Not that has been noted. As 3D has been completely removed from Sun and Moon, with the exception of the Poké Finder and possibly something I'm forgetting, they play the exact same. However; seeing as the frame rate for the Poké Finder already drops on the 3DS, expect it to drop on the 2DS just as much, if not more.

Sakuraba

The 2DS is identical to the 3DS. Any game that runs on one runs just as well on the other. The only way it can run better is on a N3DS, as seen with Hyrule Warriors Legends and Xenoblade.

TyLogic

Not that has been noted. As 3D has been completely removed from Sun and Moon, with the exception of the Poké Finder and possibly something I'm forgetting, they play the exact same. However; seeing as the frame rate for the Poké Finder already drops on the 3DS, expect it to drop on the 2DS just as much, if not more.

I didn't notice a framerate drop when using the Poke Finder.

Baggie_Saiyan

I didn't download the demo because I want the game to be a surprise(gameplay atleast).

They wouldn't release special 2DS console bundles if the 2DS didn't run the game properly. So I wouldn't worry!

As many have already pointed out, no, as the 3DS and 2DS are nearly identical systems (minus the stereoscopic 3D, obviously).

For anyone who might be about to ask about the differences on 2/3DS's compared to the New 3DS line, I think that it was Gamexplain who confirmed after speaking with an official representative at Nintendo that the game would run the same on both sets of systems as they have not been optimised for the New 3DS line, though in all likelihood this could possibly mean a slight improvement when it comes to frame rate issues, but nothing major in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.