• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Oh...But, it can only glide right?

Oh! Maybe Vikavolt can learn Fly!
Given that GF is for some reason against giving the regional bugs Fly I doubt it, but maybe.

Sakuraba

Oh...But, it can only glide right?

Oh! Maybe Vikavolt can learn Fly!

I mean, it's irrelevant now that we have PokeRide, but maybe.

TRG

I have had 3 main in game traditions when it comes to teambuilding all the way since Gen 1, for my first playthrough at least.

1) Only use Pokemon exclusive to the region.
2) Always use a Fire Water Grass core with one of the 3 being a starter.
3) No 2 Pokemon on the team can share the same type. I like each member of the team to have a unique role that can't be replicated by any of the others.

Akashin

I'm sure there's more rides that we don't know. Machamp for Strength/Rock Smash. Maybe Ampharos for Flash?

Isn't Tauros/Sharpedo already Rock Smash, for all intents and purposes?

Unless there will still be smaller boulders than the ones we use Tauros to smash through, I suppose. And Machamp is a good pick for Strength either way.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I love pokeride
I hope they add more
and companion pokemon

Eh, Don't count on it. Creating overworld models and animations for every single Pokemon so that walking Pokemon can return would be a huge undertaking, that would take up a ton of space and require a ton of development time, so much so that it may not be practical to do given all the other work that goes into developing a new game.

I'm sure there's more rides that we don't know. Machamp for Strength/Rock Smash. Maybe Ampharos for Flash?

As Akashin mentioned, Rock Smash is covered. Strength is feasible, but should Machamp make an appearance as a Ride Mon (as it seems to do a lot in the overworld), I'm putting my money on Rock Climb. It would look a little something like this:

TuLZbXy.jpg

Sakuraba

As Akashin mentioned, Rock Smash is covered. Strength is feasible, but should Machamp make an appearance as a Ride Mon (as it seems to do a lot in the overworld), I'm putting my money on Rock Climb. It would look a little something like this:

TuLZbXy.jpg

Yeah. I don't know why I derped so hard there.

That's glorious. Way better use of him than Strength. But I dont think they'd take the Strength puzzles out. So who else would be good for that? Heracross? Maybe Hariyama.

Also... there's always possibilities that there's new obstacles for PokeRide. Mudsdale is an exemple of this.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Yeah. I don't know why I derped so hard there.

That's glorious. Way better use of him than Strength. But I dont think they'd take the Strength puzzles out. So who else would be good for that? Heracross? Maybe Hariyama.

Also... there's always possibilities that there's new obstacles for PokeRide. Mudsdale is an exemple of this.

Heracross is too tiny, and Hariyama would just be another humanoid Ride Mon on top of Machamp, assuming it is one. Maybe Machamp can pull double duty, as a Strength and Rock Climb stand-in. I mean, I doubt it would be fast enough to justify use outside of its intended purpose, so that would give it more use and not lead to it being a one-trick pony/bodybuilder.

pimpditto

I have had 3 main in game traditions when it comes to teambuilding all the way since Gen 1, for my first playthrough at least.

1) Only use Pokemon exclusive to the region.
2) Always use a Fire Water Grass core with one of the 3 being a starter.
3) No 2 Pokemon on the team can share the same type. I like each member of the team to have a unique role that can't be replicated by any of the others.

I do this every region too! And it seems like we plan to use the same 6 pokemon in Sun/Moon. Twinsies! haha

Baggie_Saiyan

So I've ordered a copy of Gold just incase Platinum doesn't tide me lol. Tbf I'm 2hrs in Plat and haven't left Jubilife City yet haha.

Man. This 5 day Europe delay is gonna be killer!!

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So I've ordered a copy of Gold just incase Platinum doesn't tide me lol. Tbf I'm 2hrs in Plat and haven't left Jubilife City yet haha.

Man. This 5 day Europe delay is gonna be killer!!

I've been playing Platinum (because the flash storage on my old copy filled up and I wanted to use its Tutors), and it's been lasting me pretty well. Sinnoh is filled to the brim with optional content, and then there was the hours of Game Corner grinding...

Anyhoo, I'm having a great time with it, and hopefully it can satiate your Poke-hunger for a couple weeks :)

Baggie_Saiyan

I've been playing Platinum (because the flash storage on my old copy filled up and I wanted to use its Tutors), and it's been lasting me pretty well. Sinnoh is filled to the brim with optional content, and then there was the hours of Game Corner grinding...

Anyhoo, I'm having a great time with it, and hopefully it can satiate your Poke-hunger for a couple weeks :)

I forgot about the underground! Hunting shards and what not! Ah so many great memories!
Also I forgot how great Gen 4 music is part of the reason I took my time in Jubilife City ha. Poketch is so damn useful too! Ah Gen 4 has to be one in my favourite Gens!

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I forgot about the underground! Hunting shards and what not! Ah so many great memories!
Also I forgot how great Gen 4 music is part of the reason I took my time in Jubilife City ha. Poketch is so damn useful too! Ah Gen 4 has to be one in my favourite Gens!

Some much great music! Though that can be said for any Gen, really.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I myself believe that Gen 7 will have more games than just Sun and Moon.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

Ah someone else appreciates the beauty that is Gen 4. I don't get the hate this generation gets, its story delves deeper than the stories before it, there are great pokemon in the region, and the music....don't get me started on the likes of Route 201, 206 and 209. Sinnoh is amazing, and the fact that Johto links into Sinnoh, it makes Gen 4 the best gen for me.

I might actually go back and do the same, play through platinum whilst I wait.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Ah someone else appreciates the beauty that is Gen 4. I don't get the hate this generation gets, its story delves deeper than the stories before it, there are great pokemon in the region, and the music....don't get me started on the likes of Route 201, 206 and 209. Sinnoh is amazing, and the fact that Johto links into Sinnoh, it makes Gen 4 the best gen for me.

Gen 4 is my fav generation as well. Platinum is just so great and has a nice amount of added pokemon as well. Can't believe only 11 days to go ^^

DrakeKoryu

I would love to play Platinum again too, but I don't have my game anymore so can't do it D:

Baggie_Saiyan

I feel like with Gen 5 and 6 it gets unjustly hated for that one reason which in 4's case seems to be the slow battles. Which I don't really mind once your playing that Gen for a few hours you get used to it.

Gen 4 introduced the much needed Special and Physical split plus all the wifi stuff it introduced. It was probably the Gen that was one of the biggest game changers.

Status
Not open for further replies.