• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I finally got everything I wanted to know before I get the game.

Looks like I may be getting it on launch day after all.

sketchersmeargle

as the above has said.

But overall could be a third installment ala eclipse, sinnoh remaster or three more years till the next gen.

And as for names, Gamefreak are very smart to find conflicting meanings to use to strengthen the feel and tone for a new story and whatever they come up with it'll work. As many fans have shown, there are still lots of naming schemes no matter what.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Hate to be that guy, but the games haven't even come out yet. Why focus on the next ones?

Interestingly, GameFreak worked on X & Y and Sun and Moon simultaneously, for a short while, at least.

I think it's safe for us to imagine the next generation. Personally, considering the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope, my bid is on Gen VIII taking place in Canada, with the games having a minor tie-in with Sun and Moon.

Julia Artemis

Interestingly, GameFreak worked on X & Y and Sun and Moon simultaneously, for a short while, at least.

I think it's safe for us to imagine the next generation. Personally, considering the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope, my bid is on Gen VIII taking place in Canada, with the games having a minor tie-in with Sun and Moon.

if they do pick Canada I hope they pick western Canada. Eastern Canada would be too similar to Unova and a western vibe for Pokemon could be really cool!

GDK

My guess would be china for the next gen.

But I wonder if we'll get much from this gen, there are only 2 mythical and one was already featured in a movie so that leaves only one for a future movie, that's kinda weird, unless there are more mythical coming later as dlc not in the code yet.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
if they do pick Canada I hope they pick western Canada. Eastern Canada would be too similar to Unova and a western vibe for Pokemon could be really cool!

I'm pretty sure all of Canada would be utilized as a region.

Besides, if a Gen 4 remake were to miraculously pop up in this generation, having the eastern part of Canada in the region would make the perfect excuse for a Gen 5 remake.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
I do hope for a 3rd version. I've always greatly enjoyed them. I also hope for a still current handheld gen remake of D/P, which I enjoyed much more than R/S/E.

But if they don't happen, oh well.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I suppose its possible that they give players a free trial for that matter since the pokebank will be upgraded and there's no other way to transfer.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
I do hope for a 3rd version. I've always greatly enjoyed them. I also hope for a still current handheld gen remake of D/P, which I enjoyed much more than R/S/E.

But if they don't happen, oh well.

Yeah, i hope we have sequel games like B2W2, with 1 or 2 years after sun-moon with complete 8 gyms, and the player character in sun-moon is actually the champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.