• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Hang tight, Europeans! At least take some solace in the fact that a few gens ago we all waited months and you waited extra months!

I'm in Australia so I'd get it before most. Alas, the store near me opens at 8am (no midnight release), and I also have work. But when that's over... >:]

...You really had to bring that up, didn't you? Joking

On another note, when is the official release date of the Solgaleo/Lunala New 3DS XL? Because one retailer in my country seems to have started selling it today.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I am really pissed off now. Amazon sent me an email saying i needed to revise my payment method for sun and moon which I think was because I didn't have enough money so I canceled it and transfered some money and ordered them again and now it says they won't come until the 22nd DX if it doesn't change I guess I'll get them at gamestop );

Chimchar15

On another note, when is the official release date of the Solgaleo/Lunala New 3DS XL? Because one retailer in my country seems to have started selling it today.

I believe the should be out already. I know here in America they got released on the 28th of October.

Also did anyone watch the gamexplain review for the games? While mostly positive one thing that's worrying me is that older models of the 3ds have slow down issues while during certain battles. Apparently they're pretty noticable too. I'm hoping I don't find it as bad as they said it is because I only have a regular 3dsxl.

future.newyorker

I believe the should be out already. I know here in America they got released on the 28th of October.

Also did anyone watch the gamexplain review for the games? While mostly positive one thing that's worrying me is that older models of the 3ds have slow down issues while during certain battles. Apparently they're pretty noticable too. I'm hoping I don't find it as bad as they said it is because I only have a regular 3dsxl.

It seems to only happen during Double Battles and during certain Z-moves.

I saw a video of the frame differences in the demo, and some of the stuff featured never actually happened to me while playing. I think it's unnoticeable unless you're used to the modern framerate and then switch to the old one. I don't think it'll be too much of an issue ;)

It's been different everywhere. Seems like the general consensus is that places getting the games Friday got it Monday; I'm from England also and had one pre-ordered for delivery on release day by Amazon. It's saying the 18th (Friday) .______.

RIP us Europeans.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I pre loaded Sun and when I click on its icon it says there r 2 days until release.
But shouldnt the games be available in less than 1 days ? (For Australia )
Thanks <3

Electric_Eye

Pokémon Maniac
My preload says 2 days until official release but the number of days changes in seven more minutes and in my country (Dominican Republic) the time is about 19:53, at 20:00 it will change, the actual date is Wed 16 - 2016, can anyone explain this?.

Last edited:

TyLogic

It kinda makes me feel nostalgic, seeing that the first trailer was 6 months ago. Albeit, I refuse to redo this hype.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I canceled my order on amazon. I refuse to wait until Tuesday when I should get it on Friday so I'm going to gamestop tomorrow and prey to God I can still reserve them DX

TyLogic

I canceled my order on amazon. I refuse to wait until Tuesday when I should get it on Friday so I'm going to gamestop tomorrow and prey to God I can still reserve them DX

I don't know. Apparently, Nintendo doesn't make a lot of copies when it comes to games. Pre-ordering it seems best.

I learned my lesson with Fire Emblem Fates...

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I don't know. Apparently, Nintendo doesn't make a lot of copies when it comes to games. Pre-ordering it seems best.

I learned my lesson with Fire Emblem Fates...
Well, in all fairness, Fire Emblem's popularity is much smaller than Pokémon's.

I'm sure they stocked enough.

R_N

It's pokemon, launching a week before black friday

I have never seen a main line pokemon game be hard to find. It's certainly not going to start now.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
My preload says 2 days until official release but the number of days changes in seven more minutes and in my country (Dominican Republic) the time is about 19:53, at 20:00 it will change, the actual date is Wed 16 - 2016, can anyone explain this?.

My 3ds also says 2 more days... Its already the 17th in Australia so it should be 1 day..

TyLogic

Well, in all fairness, Fire Emblem's popularity is much smaller than Pokémon's.

I'm sure they stocked enough.

Makes sense. Though it seems to be really popular, and is breaking records (apparently).
If it wasn't a problem before, then I guess you have little to worry about, though, there's still something to worry about with it being so popular.

Friday can't come quick enough!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Friendly reminder that anyone worried about getting the game in stores or having it shipped on time can always download off the eShop and have it pre-loaded onto the system.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Friendly reminder that anyone worried about getting the game in stores or having it shipped on time can always download off the eShop and have it pre-loaded onto the system.
B-but, I like hard copies! D:

Electric_Eye

Pokémon Maniac
My 3ds also says 2 more days... Its already the 17th in Australia so it should be 1 day..

As I was running some calculations the only way my preload could be counting that number of days is if it is using London time, weird, your Australian preload should be unlocking in twelve more hours according to the actual time there, have you took note of the hour of the day the number of days changes?

Also I must add that date and time here is 20:42 Wed - 16 -2016 I live in Dominican Republic, BUT the 3ds region is set to US New Jersey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.