• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
As I was running some calculations the only way my preload could be counting that number of days is if it is using London time, weird, your Australian preload should be unlocking in twelve more hours according to the actual time there, have you took note of the hour of the day the number of days changes?

Also I must add that date and time here is 20:42 Wed - 16 -2016 I live in Dominican Republic, BUT the 3ds region is set to US New Jersey.

Ok it has just changed to 1 day.. I wonder why it happened only now. My real clock is set to UK's time but my 3DS's region is set to Australia, which should be getting the game in 12 hours as u said

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Friendly reminder that anyone worried about getting the game in stores or having it shipped on time can always download off the eShop and have it pre-loaded onto the system.

I told a relative of mine that they need to preorder the game if they want to be able to get it the day it comes out (I most certainly wouldn't expect to have it anytime soon if I didn't have a preorder). Good thing she finally listened to me XD

Anyway, I expect that this part of the forums will start seeing a steady rise in traffic starting anytime within hours from now.

Electric_Eye

Pokémon Maniac
Ok it has just changed to 1 day.. I wonder why it happened only now. My real clock is set to UK's time but my 3DS's region is set to Australia, which should be getting the game in 12 hours as u said

Well if you took note of the time of the day it happened, count 24 hours from there and that should be the time it will unlock. so you can expect to play the game tomorrow around that time.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I don't know. Apparently, Nintendo doesn't make a lot of copies when it comes to games. Pre-ordering it seems best.

I learned my lesson with Fire Emblem Fates...
I don't think I will have a problem. Even if I can't reserve from the one closest to me or even buy it on friday there are at least 3 other gamestops near me =)

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Don't forget about places like Walmart and Target too.

Yep. There's also best buy and frys as well. After trying to buy a new game at best buy and waiting about 10 minutes to find someone who had any knowledge of games I do not buy new release games at best buy.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i will likely get got sun and moon hard copies but im not sure which i should get for a main gen7 file. i usually take into account the resident version legendary and any sort of version exclusive non legendary pkmn. im likely to get sun as a main file from the looks of it, im not crazy about puff the magic dragon's design. drampa is a moon exclusive..... which makes for an easy decision on my part.

im likely going to go for walmart,EB games/game stop or toys r us for the game. there should be plenty of opportunity to find a copy between these 3 stores locally.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Maybe those of you who didn't preorder the game will get lucky, but if I didn't preorder (or rather my stepdad didn't preorder for me for my birthday), I wouldn't be that confident that I would get the game the same day it comes out. Just what I'm feeling though. :3

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i do hope its possible to bring pkmn from the PKbank app rather early on in the game. as much as i look forward to using popplio as a starter i do have a thing for Gardevoir and Flygon for a starting team. heck it might not follow the spirit of a fresh start to gen7 but i do have some pkmn which i like to use alot.

future.newyorker

i do hope its possible to bring pkmn from the PKbank app rather early on in the game. as much as i look forward to using popplio as a starter i do have a thing for Gardevoir and Flygon for a starting team. heck it might not follow the spirit of a fresh start to gen7 but i do have some pkmn which i like to use alot.

Pokémon Bank won't get compatibility with Sun and Moon until January.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Pokémon Bank won't get compatibility with Sun and Moon until January.

thanks for the warning, its going to be a bit difficult to find some pkmn that fill out the team slots for me. looks like i cant do like my 2nd OR playthru: i sent over the 5iv eggs to OR to hatch and trained them all in X for OR use........ im gonna miss that for a bit but i'll get thru it.

will a gen6 pkmn transfer to gen7 be a 1 way move? i do plan on using my X file for the training/farming purposes until i see how easy it might be in gen7. i got many pkmn (lowest form of each non legend pkmn) to send over to gen7 when the time comes.

im just watching some YT vids on the nerfs that some pkmn/moves and megas get. im liking some of the nerfs that have been handed out.

Last edited:

future.newyorker

thanks for the warning, its going to be a bit difficult to find some pkmn that fill out the team slots for me. looks like i cant do like my 2nd OR playthru: i sent over the 5iv eggs to OR to hatch and trained them all in X for OR use........ im gonna miss that for a bit but i'll get thru it.

will a gen6 pkmn transfer to gen7 be a 1 way move? i do plan on using my X file for the training/farming purposes until i see how easy it might be in gen7. i got many pkmn (lowest form of each non legend pkmn) to send over to gen7 when the time comes.

Yes, it's a one way move. You cannot transfer Pokémon back from gen 7 to gen 6.

TyLogic

Wait until the game comes out; there's reports of people who currently have the game getting banned from online.

I heard of that. However, I'm trying my utmost to avoid spoilers, so I didn't look into it.
I think it had something to do with piracy.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I've been looking on YouTube just to see if anyone is let's playing it and there are several but I am avoI ding spoiler videos until Friday when most likely I will be playing and watching Marriland's let's play =)

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
Wait until the game comes out; there's reports of people who currently have the game getting banned from online.
I heard of that. However, I'm trying my utmost to avoid spoilers, so I didn't look into it.
I think it had something to do with piracy.

Yeah, those people are getting banned because Nintendo has an embargo with their games until the game comes out. And the people who get legitimate review copies are only allowed to show 30 minutes of the game on websites. So the people who are playing the leaks and showing the entire game are being banned because of copyright.

TyLogic

Yeah, those people are getting banned because Nintendo has an embargo with their games until the game comes out. And the people who get legitimate review copies are only allowed to show 30 minutes of the game on websites. So the people who are playing the leaks and showing the entire game are being banned because of copyright.

Oh. Getting leaks pre-release is vexing.
Only two more days left (almost), and anything that I did spoil has almost been completely forgotten,
So far, so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.