• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
As a fellow European, I agree with the punishment part, no point on doing worldwide releases if they aren't truly worldwide. Or they could do it like Nintendo does on titles like Zelda and Mario, have the release dates for each region, one day after another (e.x. a game releases in Japan, then the next day in NA and/or EU and so on.) Tactics like this risks the consumers of spoiling themselves by accident, against their wishes (like it happened to me, but for the most part I wanted to spoil myself because I couldn't take it anymore)

I know five days isn't a long time, but the most popular the IP, the most torturous the wait.

The thing is, I tried so hard to avoid spoilers, but this is sort of my life, being a Pokemon fan on the internet that I ended up spoiling lots of things I didn't want to spoil. Still I haven't spoiled much of the story, but these 5 days are going to be so hard to avoid not spoiling the story. I think I found DP's release easier, it was much much much longer, but I was younger so didn't mind spoilers, plus I didn't actually end up spoiling as much as I thought I would, still lots of the pokemon I had not seen when I first played, but I still wouldn't wish to go back that way. I just think it feels worse this time because so many countries are getting the same day, yet we're last.

BCVM22

Tactics like this risks the consumers of spoiling themselves by accident, against their wishes (like it happened to me, but for the most part I wanted to spoil myself because I couldn't take it anymore).

Which has zero effect on game sales. They couldn't possibly care any less if you "spoil the game for yourself." They get your money regardless.

I may get my copies of Sun and Moon tomorrow, but I indeed suffered like all European fans here. It ends for me, true, but what about the others? The release schedule NEEDS to be fixed in a way that satisfies EVERYONE.

Consider Europe as a total release territory and how many different governments, languages, customs procedures, economies and currencies are contained therein. All of that has to be coordinated for the simultaneous European release of a game.

If you're still complaining about all of that needing an extra five days, I would strongly advise you to reconsider. Especially so if you're doing so under the notion that the release company somehow doesn't understand that the game is popular and long-awaited, and/or that they're doing so on purpose, as some sort of punishment or some other petty reason.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
These next few days are going to absolute torture. Its so horrible knowing that people in Japan, New Zealand and Australia have the games now, and soon, America and the rest of the world will get it. Yet for us European fans, have to endure 5 more days waiting. We're being punished and its horrible, absolutely horrible.

Friend of mine in France can pick up her copy tomorrow. No idea what to expect from my own retailer... I can be patient but I'm getting antsy to know if I'll be able to have it this weekend or not.

Man I've got errands to do and a haircut to get this weekend though, if I do get it earlier than expected here in Belgium istg no way I'm leaving the house in two days.

Well, the crappy thing about me is that even though I live in the States, I'm so tied up in paying my tuition - among other things - I cannot afford to actually buy the game right now.

I'll probably be waiting longer than most.

Navarch

Serebii's Version Exclusive page doesn't have Garchomp listed, is it not exclusive? Numerous other sources said it was exclusive to Sun.

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
Goomy was also said to be version exclusive?

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
That why I don't believe everything that's put out till Serebii updates

sheld999

abras on the 1st island you can catch one before you meet team skull for 1st time. i caught abra using a great ball 1st try no health off it

Electric_Eye

Pokémon Maniac
I've encountered a problem with my preload, it says that the scheduled release of the purchased item has passed. Launch this software while connected to the internet to check distribution information; when I check then it displays: wait for this product to be released. don't understand what is going on.

Orphalesion

Well, the crappy thing about me is that even though I live in the States, I'm so tied up in paying my tuition - among other things - I cannot afford to actually buy the game right now.

I'll probably be waiting longer than most.

And I live in Australia but live in a little town in the desert that doesn't have an electronics store and have to wait till the end of the month when I visit family in Brisbane to get it.

Yeah, not being European doesn't save everybody from having to wait for the game :-/

And no offense to disgruntled European fans, but I don't think its a "punishment", I think it just has to do with all those different regulations and laws the different members of the EU (and the other European nations) have. It's just more difficult to distribute stuff there, which is why nowadays we get stuff before you (when it used to be the other way round)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I've encountered a problem with my preload, it says that the scheduled release of the purchased item has passed. Launch this software while connected to the internet to check distribution information; when I check then it displays: wait for this product to be released. don't understand what is going on.

That message is wrong.

It will release at 12:00 EST, or in about two and a half hours. It was never supposed to release earlier.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Just got through rewatching all of the Pokémon Sun and Moon English trailers released thus far.

It's hard to believe that just earlier this year I was yearning for some solid info on the game, yet tomorrow I'll actually be able to play it. Crazy.

Golden_Arcanine

That message is wrong.

It will release at 12:00 EST, or in about two and a half hours. It was never supposed to release earlier.

So if you pre-downloaded it, you're free to play it at 12 AM EST?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
These next few days are going to absolute torture. Its so horrible knowing that people in Japan, New Zealand and Australia have the games now, and soon, America and the rest of the world will get it. Yet for us European fans, have to endure 5 more days waiting. We're being punished and its horrible, absolutely horrible.
I'll sort of join in your pain... I was a horrible procrastinator and was forced to get the game shipped to my house, which won't arrive till Monday. Thankfully not Wednesday ^^;

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter

Ditto :(

I am going to try and keep myself spoiler free until my copy appears through the letterbox, although I do really want to see if they have changed anything Shiny/egg hatching related... until then I will be playing AS (Trying to hatch a shiny Caterpie) White 2 and/or HearGold...

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm going to Gamestop as soon as I get out of work. I have a feeling they are closed, and if they are it's no big deal. I'll just get my Moon copy in the morning.

Niormon

Any want my Friend code ? I'm getting the game in like half hour so if you want to add me its 3265-6509-8012 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.