• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzGirl41

I've seen a couple of posts where people were lucky enough to get shiny starters! I've never unintentionally run into a shiny, here's to the hope that this gen changes that.

If there is a higher chance of getting shinies, I think that's cool. I've only found maybe...four? total shinies in my entire lifetime of playing Pokemon games...

Also, I believe that this will be the fourth generation out of seven where I'm going to be using Lapras as my Water-user because none interest me this gen (and I'm getting Moon, so no Tirtuoga for me).

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
You are just lucky.

It is the same as XY, and several people also got a shiny in their first few hours there as well.

Indeed. I very much doubt they have upped the Shiny rate, given how they halved it in X/Y anyway. With the amount of people playing the game there are bound to be many who get shines. Hope I am one when it comes out here... :)

Blizzardy

Loves Eeveelutions
I believe it has been confirmed that the shiny odds are the same as on XY. Also, most of the previous hunting methods have been taken out. However, there is a new one, which I won't spoil here for those that just want to find out by themselves.

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
I believe it has been confirmed that the shiny odds are the same as on XY. Also, most of the previous hunting methods have been taken out. However, there is a new one, which I won't spoil here for those that just want to find out by themselves.

Its a shame that alot of the hunting methods have been taken out. What about egg hatching, is that still there? I really want to know what this new one is now!

scififan21

Well I only MM for my shinies so come January my JPN Ditto is coming in.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Just reserved a copy at one of my local GameStops. One of my other ones actually ran out, so I'm glad that I'm ensured to get a copy. :D

shadowF

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
Do we know what the day/night cycle is?

It's 10:18 AM for me in Moon, but it's still evening/sunset.
Meaning that 10:18 PM is evening/sunset in Sun and not night, yet?

AlolaMochaCiel

What is everyone's opinions on the rumors of a new version of Pokemon Sun and Moon coming next year on Switch? Apparently a new game codenamed Pokemon Stars is coming and is an improved version of Pokemon Sun and Moon. The website that is reporting this is the same website that leaked Nintendo Switch before everyone else. Source:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

I mean it being HD alone would be a reason I'd pick it up. Granted I don't see it hurting sales for SM due to the fact even if it happens it still means only one kid can take it out at a time over SM on 3DS where as long as each kid has a 3DS they can take it to like school. Though I can also see it being like Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker where it was the same story but you also got a huge new story too.

As for SM in general I'm loving it. Have not been this into pokemon since the Gen 4 era so this is so much fun :D

Do we know what the day/night cycle is?

It's 10:18 AM for me in Moon, but it's still evening/sunset.
Meaning that 10:18 PM is evening/sunset in Sun and not night, yet?
That is just weird since sunset tends to be in RL at least 5pm-6pm. 10pm seems so late.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Freaking love the way the camera's handle in this game, a really beautiful change.

ebevan91

Freaking love the way the camera's handle in this game, a really beautiful change.

It took me a little while to get used to it, but I'm starting to warm up to it now. I think having the town map helps as well.

GillianPuzzle

Physical Trainer
I have a question, what are official names for Sun and Moon protagonist? If so, where did you find these names from?

Last edited:

robersj4

I have a question, what are official names for Sun and Moon protagonist? If so, where did you find these names from?

The male protagonist was called Sun in the demo, but in the actual game you are just asked to put your name in so I don't know if there is an official name (besides Sun).

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
SOLVED: the game has set times until a while into the game.
Day 2 (before the festival) will always be sunset/evening, because that's when said festival is.

Status
Not open for further replies.