• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Why not just play the game and trade for one later?

Does it really matter if you have one now?
I'm guessing they want to keep the same Litten that they started the adventure with.

I'll probably try and get an Adamant Litten as well... I got a Timid Froakie first time in X, so hopefully I have the same luck here.

sketchersmeargle

any idea when the official artwork for the unreleased pokemon will be revealed?

Orphalesion

What is everyone's opinions on the rumors of a new version of Pokemon Sun and Moon coming next year on Switch? Apparently a new game codenamed Pokemon Stars is coming and is an improved version of Pokemon Sun and Moon. The website that is reporting this is the same website that leaked Nintendo Switch before everyone else. Source:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

Not really surprised if it turns out to be true, considering the rumours of a Pokemon title within the first 6 months of the Swtich's release it really only could have been an updated version of Sun/Moon or yet another Kanto retread.

Bowlbasaur

If there is a higher chance of getting shinies, I think that's cool. I've only found maybe...four? total shinies in my entire lifetime of playing Pokemon games...

Also, I believe that this will be the fourth generation out of seven where I'm going to be using Lapras as my Water-user because none interest me this gen (and I'm getting Moon, so no Tirtuoga for me).

I don't think there's a higher chance, just a couple people getting lucky (or maybe soft resetting a ton of times already). They are hard to come by even if you are trying!

ebevan91

SOLVED: the game has set times until a while into the game.
Day 2 (before the festival) will always be sunset/evening, because that's when said festival is.

I was wondering why it looked like it was getting late even though my 3DS clock was at 11AM (my time).

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Not really surprised if it turns out to be true, considering the rumours of a Pokemon title within the first 6 months of the Swtich's release it really only could have been an updated version of Sun/Moon or yet another Kanto retread.

I still think it's too early for an updated version. They should release one a year after S/M, so to not cannibalize S/M's sales completely. No one wants a XY/ORAS situation again.

Orphalesion

I still think it's too early for an updated version. They should release one a year after S/M, so to not cannibalize S/M's sales completely. No one wants a XY/ORAS situation again.

I don't really know what the "XY/ORAS situation" that "nobody" wants again, I lost interest in ORAS when it became clear that there would be no customization. But I see nothing that wrong with a release date of Summer 2017. Wouldn't be the first time a Japanese video game gets an update fairly quickly to its release.

And hey, with the unconfirmed rumour of Pokemon Stars containing "more Pokemon" it will be fun to see all the Gen 7.5 generation speculation hahaha.

Edit: It wouldn't even be something that "breaks with tradition" Pocket Monsters Blue Version was released 8 months after Pocket Monsters Red and Green Version.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
And hey, with the unconfirmed rumour of Pokemon Stars containing "more Pokemon" it will be fun to see all the Gen 7.5 generation speculation hahaha.

Oh god no, that was ridiculous to see this gen.

Also the game is a lot more difficult than XY, but it's still moderate difficulty. Although I'm only at the battle with Ilima, so... lol.

Orphalesion

Oh god no, that was ridiculous to see this gen.

Also the game is a lot more difficult than XY, but it's still moderate difficulty. Although I'm only at the battle with Ilima, so... lol.

The " Gen .5" speculation will never leave this fandom again, Gen 8 could give us 200 new Pokemon and people would speculate about a Gen 8.5 mwahahahaha it is the curse of us Unova Fans upon the Pokemon Fandom that has shamed and defamed our favorite generation.

Also good to hear that the beginning at least is more difficult than X/Y, looking forward to getting it :)

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
How long do I have to wait before I can do local wireless trading? I'm trying to get all 3 starters in one game as early as possible since I have two 3DS systems and I am getting both games.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I don't really know what the "XY/ORAS situation" that "nobody" wants again, I lost interest in ORAS when it became clear that there would be no customization. But I see nothing that wrong with a release date of Summer 2017. Wouldn't be the first time a Japanese video game gets an update fairly quickly to its release.

Edit: It wouldn't even be something that "breaks with tradition" Pocket Monsters Blue Version was released 8 months after Pocket Monsters Red and Green Version.

I think the "more Pokemon" thing just means the typical third version expansion of available already-existing species, as well as maybe a new form or two and such shenanigans.

Otherwise I agree that it wouldn't be much of a break from tradition, though I'd note that Stars is also rumored to have been pushed further so it's more likely than not going to come right around the one-year anniversary of Sun and Moon if it really does happen.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Alright, I've compiled a list of Pokemon I desire in my Sun and Moon playthroughs-Crabominable, Salazzle, Palossand, Dhelmise, Mimikyu, Togedemaru, Alolan Raichu and Alolan Muk

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What is everyone's opinions on the rumors of a new version of Pokemon Sun and Moon coming next year on Switch? Apparently a new game codenamed Pokemon Stars is coming and is an improved version of Pokemon Sun and Moon. The website that is reporting this is the same website that leaked Nintendo Switch before everyone else. Source:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

I hope that's fake.
I don't want to worry about Version 3 being exclusive to another console, gen 7 SHOULD be exclusive to one console like all other main games have been. In 3 years when gen 7 ends, THEN Switch games may come out.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I hope that's fake.
I don't want to worry about Version 3 being exclusive to another console, gen 7 SHOULD be exclusive to one console like all other main games have been. In 3 years when gen 7 ends, THEN Switch games may come out.

I mean, they could always just develop Stars for both 3DS and the Switch. They're developing the Zelda game for multiple consoles at once (though I suppose switching between home ones is easier).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Guys. Sun & Moon just got released.
Please refrain from discussing a third version rumor with no concrete proof at this point.

Syluxrox

Hello friends!

I'm about 4 hours into Pokémon moon, and while healing my Pokémon at the PokeCenter, I was informed that they have Pokerus! Super lucky hahaha. Has anyone discovered what the new icon for it looks like? I haven't been able to determine which of my Pokémon have it yet (so I can store it for later use).

Of course, as soon as somebody can enlighten me on what the icon looks like, I would be more than happy to help spread it :)

Hello friends!

I'm about 4 hours into Pokémon moon, and while healing my Pokémon at the PokeCenter, I was informed that they have Pokerus! Super lucky hahaha. Has anyone discovered what the new icon for it looks like? I haven't been able to determine which of my Pokémon have it yet (so I can store it for later use).

Of course, as soon as somebody can enlighten me on what the icon looks like, I would be more than happy to help spread it :)

Hahaha nevermind, after exiting a battle the giant pink words POKERUS appeared right next to my little Pichu pal. I'll spread it through my party and store a few carriers to help any of you guys who want some! Just PM me with your friend code and I'll add you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Alright, so far I've decided four Pokemon for each of the games I intend to get. Here's what I have in mind
* Pokemon Sun: Decidueye, Alolan Muk, Crabominable, Turtonator
* Pokemon Moon: Incineroar, Alolan Sandslash, Mimikyu, Oranguru

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
So, does anybody know how to get Crabrawler to appear? I know you can only find it in the berries, and so far in the three berry patches that I've tried, it hasn't appeared once.

Status
Not open for further replies.