• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
It's not dumb luck. I think part of the issue is that people don't realize simply entering the Festival Plaza does not take you online, and that has to be done manually as an additional step.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...-amp-Moon-Help-Thread&p=18276689#post18276689
Adding further to this, enabling communications with friends is in the profile menu in the Plaza.

Hey guys, I need some help regarding the Festival Plaza shops.

I'm at plaza level 5. I've tried many facilities and I get the same message: "we can't provide any more of that today. Please come again tomorrow".
I was never able to purchase anything spending FC (all the items in every shop appear with a "--", instead of their respective FC cost).
Any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance
I don't know... Maybe a glitch?

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I haven't been knocked out even once yet and I'm right after the electric trial where you ride across the mountains. The game feels easy but I appreciate the gimmicks trainers use sometimes. I have Primarina too.... gorgeous. Sadly a male as I lost my patience with SRing it the other day.

utlhmsus

Hey guys, I need some help regarding the Festival Plaza shops.

I'm at plaza level 5. I've tried many facilities and I get the same message: "we can't provide any more of that today. Please come again tomorrow".
I was never able to purchase anything spending FC (all the items in every shop appear with a "--", instead of their respective FC cost).
Any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance

Have you changed the clock on your 3DS in the last day or two?

goodpeople25

I guess this is the best place to put this? anyway found a glitch/oversight in the multi battle targeting of Hau's Primarina, it ended up using hydro vortex on my pokemon (no animation for those curious) during one of the multi battles paired with him, (exact mechanics I'm not certain about, I think it was right after it used sparkiling aria on me when my pokemon was the only target, so I guess it didn't recheck for it's target but it could happen regardless of that I guess due to sparkling aria's range and no other data) I don't think it's going to matter very often due to presumably only affecting rowlet starters and needing primarina to get into the fight (and that possible other requirement, which is also uncomomn and likely restricts it to just this fight since it was 1-3 for the enemy pokemon amounts) and Even more uncommon of it would really causing a loss, but I thought I'd mention it for those interested in such things and so I don't forget about it without telling anyone.

Sephiroth_Strife

Is anyone else desperately missing the ability to hit X and hard quit out of every menu/sub-menu you were in? It was so nice being able to jump back into gameplay so fast after moving Pokemon around or after buying things at the mart. Now you *have* to mash B to back out of each thing individually and personally I find it very irritating. Is there a setting to change this that I'm overlooking or is that just the way GF made the UI this time around?

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I think my bro needs the New 3DS model. He uses the original one and he compared his 3DS with my New 3DS XL to see how the games work on it. Yeah his 3DS is slow is heck. Pressing the home button on his 3DS is painful to see.

He may get the upcoming New 3DS Mario edition on Black Friday.

rocky505

Anyone else feel like they're "gifting" away too many items in-game? I mean, I haven't gone crazy and caught everything I ran into, but I haven't had to buy any Pokeballs and I just finished the second trial.

At least you're not forced to take an overpowered or Legendary Pokemon like in XY/ORAS.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I'm from the UK too, and I have been wondering the same. I got an e-mail from Game saying they were preparing on Friday, but no delivery notice yet.

Fingers crossed you get your ASAP!

I had an email on Friday off Nintendo that it would dispatch soon, but it hasn't taken the money from my account and hasn't shipped. When I log onto my account (which has been like every hour since I got the email friday) it says awaiting stock pick up.

Yeah thanks, fingers crossed for you too! I've been popping into local shops that sell games to see if any of them have started selling it early

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I had an email on Friday off Nintendo that it would dispatch soon, but it hasn't taken the money from my account and hasn't shipped. When I log onto my account (which has been like every hour since I got the email friday) it says awaiting stock pick up.

Yeah thanks, fingers crossed for you too! I've been popping into local shops that sell games to see if any of them have started selling it early

I'll probably end up doing that at lunchtime tomorrow. I preordered mine in store so I'll go in and ask them again. I hate waiting, it's so unfair to us European fans. Also need to pickup a new N3DS. Someone on YT confirmed the game ran badly for them during Z-Moves on their old 3DS so I might as well get one.

EDIT (not related to the above): It's interesting that we can hook items while fishing now. Even better that we can hook Bottle Caps for Hyper Training. I can see the odds of obtaining one horrendously low but it'll still be nice to stumble across one every now and then.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well, guys, Flying isn't weak to Rock anymore. Someone on Reddit claimed that his Rockruff's rock type move only did neutral damage to Vullaby. And no, it did not use Roost.

clbgolden12

Well, guys, Flying isn't weak to Rock anymore. Someone on Reddit claimed that his Rockruff's rock type move only did neutral damage to Vullaby. And no, it did not use Roost.
... Really? But I thought we didn't find any type chart changes in the data...

Grey Wind

I wouldn't trust one random person on reddit for this. Even if the type chart hadn't been datamined, SOMEONE else would have noticed by now.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I'll probably end up doing that at lunchtime tomorrow. I preordered mine in store so I'll go in and ask them again. I hate waiting, it's so unfair to us European fans. Also need to pickup a new N3DS. Someone on YT confirmed the game ran badly for them during Z-Moves on their old 3DS so I might as well get one.

EDIT (not related to the above): It's interesting that we can hook items while fishing now. Even better that we can hook Bottle Caps for Hyper Training. I can see the odds of obtaining one horrendously low but it'll still be nice to stumble across one every now and then.

I don't think the lag is bad enough to warrant buying a new 3DS for me. I played the demo totem battle on the oldest version of the 3DS and didn't notice any significant lagging.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I don't think the lag is bad enough to warrant buying a new 3DS for me. I played the demo totem battle on the oldest version of the 3DS and didn't notice any significant lagging.

I have an old 3DS XL but mine has been showing signs of slowing down. Sometimes it takes awhile to start up or load games, and Triples in XYORAS lags quite a lot for me. I didn't notice any lag in the SM demo but as I'll be spending most of my time doing Battle Royals and Doubles/Multi in the Battle Tree I expect to see a lot of lag which I really don't want. Buying a new N3DS just sounds like the best option for me. I also want to get Hyrule Warriors Legends, which is confirmed to run horribly on an old 3DS so that's another reason I want to upgrade.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Yep. It's another Vespiquen.

Except much much better.

Which is why I even bothered.

This is false.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So, I take it it'll be a while before we get a Trainer Customization page?

I'm just (im)patiently waiting for it.

clbgolden12

So, I take it it'll be a while before we get a Trainer Customization page?

I'm just (im)patiently waiting for it.
I actually just went looking to see if he made one. :p

I'm guessing (and hoping) Serebii will get to it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.