• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Now I'm basically just legendary/Ultra Beasts soft resetting for the disaster that will be post Pokebank online (aka Pokemon Showdown right now) and no with Bottle Caps I don't need to worry about IV's as much.

But they're looking to be a pain in the *** to get which doesn't look fun lmao.

i'm pretty far into the game, and i don't know if this has been answered before, but uh.... i killed tapu koko on accident, (and of course i didnt save after i beat the elite four) but lillie is telling me that she's "sure we'll meet again in battle someday"? does this mean that i can rebattle it, and if i can, where/how?

It can be re-battled after rebeating the Elite Four.

DJStarstryker

No one probably knows yet, so this is likely going to be speculation, but...

I keep hearing things about how there's "no national dex." I can't confirm myself, since I'm still early-ish in the game. Is it possible that, in January when Bank launches, that connecting with Bank will make a national dex unlock in Sun/Moon?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan

I keep hearing things about how there's "no national dex." I can't confirm myself, since I'm still early-ish in the game. Is it possible that, in January when Bank launches, that connecting with Bank will make a national dex unlock in Sun/Moon?

There's no National Dex in the games themselves. It would have been found by now if there was.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

I'm guessing it'll just be put in via update.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Gen 7 FUN FACT

So Apparently in the double battle with Hau against a Mudsdale and Pelipper, if Hau has a Primarina, when he uses Primarina's Z-move, the game recognizes it as a support move (I guess because it heals burn?) so Hau will launch the Z-move against your Pokemon, normally 1HKOing it and leaving a very frustrated individual behind the 3DS.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Gen 7 FUN FACT

So Apparently in the double battle with Hau against a Mudsdale and Pelipper, if Hau has a Primarina, when he uses Primarina's Z-move, the game recognizes it as a support move (I guess because it heals burn?) so Hau will launch the Z-move against your Pokemon, normally 1HKOing it and leaving a very frustrated individual behind the 3DS.

I was very confused when this happened, though it was going to some twist in the story over mind control lol. Or a bug.

Glad it didn't only happen to me.

Not doing this to bump my posts at all, doing this as support from one fan to others because spoiler alert I don't even have the game yet (so mods feel free to delete this post and add this information elsewhere if you feel it necessary):

I have yet to play the game for myself GOSH DARN WHY DO WE STILL COUNT AS EUROPE ANYWAY?!, but have seen some reports of saving glitches in Sun and Moon games.

The current locations I would advise you avoid saving at are:
• any Pokémon Centre
• the Battle Tree

It is advised that you avoid saving in the aforementioned locations until a patch is released. Now get back to playing the game!

nebby

Gen 7 FUN FACT

pfft... i picked rowlett, so nothing like that happened to me. that's kinda funny, though. wasnt that fight after he called out faba for doing something stupid?

So...the most annoying thing that could happen to me occured...

Found a Minior. Caught it with no problems. I'm about to leave the grass when another Minior shows up. Only difference is, this one is shiny. I throw a Quick Ball which fails, and then the Minior proceeds to self destruct in my face...

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
So...the most annoying thing that could happen to me occured...

Found a Minior. Caught it with no problems. I'm about to leave the grass when another Minior shows up. Only difference is, this one is shiny. I throw a Quick Ball which fails, and then the Minior proceeds to self destruct in my face...

Dang. :( I can relate there. Ran into a shiny Weezing in the Safari Zone in Soul Silver and it ran away from me. I hope you can find another one.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Anyone in the UK had their order shipped yet? Mine is meant to be here tomorrow, but is still 'Unshipped' according to Game... :(

I ordered with Nintendo, its dispatched, gets to Yodel at midnight, and attempts delivery tomorrow, but no one is home tomorrow which means it won't be delivered and I'll have to get it Thursday or Friday, which has absolutely p****** me off, in fact, my hype is dying.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Anyone in the UK had their order shipped yet? Mine is meant to be here tomorrow, but is still 'Unshipped' according to Game... :(

I got the email saying it was dispatched around 3pm today, my sister is getting it from Game and I think her's said that it would be here tomorrow, they're quite consistent with preorders(at least where I did)

I ordered with Nintendo, its dispatched, gets to Yodel at midnight, and attempts delivery tomorrow, but no one is home tomorrow which means it won't be delivered and I'll have to get it Thursday or Friday, which has absolutely p****** me off, in fact, my hype is dying.

Not quite sure how it is with Yodel, but Amazon's policy is that if no-one's in and they don't require a signature (i.e. product/s under £50) and it will fit through your letterbox, they'll just skip it through. Fingers crossed for you either way!

Mine was dispatched yesterday morning but Amazon are being careful this time. Mine's being held just outside my local carrier radius :/

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Not quite sure how it is with Yodel, but Amazon's policy is that if no-one's in and they don't require a signature (i.e. product/s under £50) and it will fit through your letterbox, they'll just skip it through. Fingers crossed for you either way!

Mine was dispatched yesterday morning but Amazon are being careful this time. Mine's being held just outside my local carrier radius :/

I bought the new 3DS with mine so its over £50. Was thinking about pulling a sicky.

DJStarstryker

Just like they added the Data of the ORAS Megaevolution to X/Y to allow those games, which were released in the same generation, to have proper compatibility?

Those make sense though. They've never gone back and added compatibility for forms (mega evolution are essentially forms) to previous games. I know XY are the first patchable Pokemon games, but still.

They've never NOT had a National Dex, not since the National Dex came into existence with Gen 3. And seeing as all of the non-Ash-Greninja stuff will be accessible starting in January to Sun/Moon...

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Just like they added the Data of the ORAS Megaevolution to X/Y to allow those games, which were released in the same generation, to have proper compatibility?
Except this situation is much difference. There's always been a National Dex, and it would barely take any work to implement, so I can't see why they'd just remove it completely.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
What I don't understand is why Rotom isn't in the Alolan Pokedex itself and give its own entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.