• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingRagnarok

What are these empty plots I'm reading about? Are they those random tiny beaches here and there?
A number of Alola's cities have empty lots with construction materials stacked in them. A couple of NPCs refer to them, but you're never really told what is being constructed. The most popular explanation is that they are future gym sites to accompany Alola's brand new pokemon league.

8bitsquirrel

Literally first post here so I don't know if there's a more appropriate thread.

Anyway, question I had that may have been discussed: Is there going to be any way to get Mega Stones that aren't available at the Battle Tree over to Sun/Moon? You can't send items to the Bank so I can't really think of anything.

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
Ok, so um SOS shiny hunting Sandygast on Hano Beach.

I have Talonflame out right, because Ground type moves don't effect it. Why is Sand Attack lowering my Accuracy when Sand Attack is a ground type move?

BCVM22

I have Talonflame out right, because Ground type moves don't effect it. Why is Sand Attack lowering my Accuracy when Sand Attack is a ground type move?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sand_Attack_(move)#Description

Sand Attack ignores the Flying-type (and Levitate) immunity, owing to its origins as a Normal-type attack in Generation I.

Is there going to be any way to get Mega Stones that aren't available at the Battle Tree over to Sun/Moon? You can't send items to the Bank so I can't really think of anything.

Right now, what you see is what you get. The answer may well be a future game, and not anything in (or coming to) Sun & Moon.

Last edited:

Grandta

Shiny Hunter.
Is it just me or is the damage from our attacks reduced? I mean I am fighting the E4 and my pokemon are almost 5-6 levels higher and I have type advantage yet super effective and barely doing any damage while they are one or two shoting me.

Is it just me or is the damage from our attacks reduced? I mean I am fighting the E4 and my pokemon are almost 5-6 levels higher and I have type advantage yet super effective and barely doing any damage while they are one or two shoting me.

Their Pokemon are bulky and have good stats, most likely.

They don't mention Sinnoh more than a few times throughout the entire game.

Agreed, though I think there's certainly more substance to an argument for DP remakes after the release of SM than before (though I'm sure the same case could be made for a Kanto return due to what was obviously going to be a very heavy Kanto-nodding game, being the 20th Anniversary and all).

• Type:Null/Silvally (and the latter's RKS System ability, as well as Multi-Attack) paying direct reference to Sinnoh and Arceus, in a number of ways.
• All Pokémon in Dimensional Research Lab referenced all being Sinnoh native (Bronzong, Palkia and Giratina) as well as the ongoing monitoring of space-time in the background.
• Something like 62% of Sinnoh native Pokémon not being available in Sun and Moon, with the only regions less represented being the Gen VI-present Kalos and Hoenn regions.
• The large majority of the plot of both Gen VI and now SM has been leading to something of a climax, with even the RS remakes suggesting to the player that what we know as the Pokémon world is actually happening in somewhat separate timelines (which I ultimately believe boils down to two, Mega Evolution and Non-, but that's besides the point), at differing times,somewhat strangely.

There's much that I've not touched on, such as the Linatone event near the Ruins of Conflict, but all in all I think the introduction of Ultra Beasts and Necrozma weighs it even more heavily in favour of DP remakes this generation at some point, and these hints seem about as strong, but not as on-the-nose, as previous hints to new games (remember, XY set up ORAS with the "40th and 45th anniversary" hints, and then SM with the backpacker who was in possession of the Strange Souvenir and first hinted at Alola; it's very possible SM could be setting up what we get in this generation and beyond also) beforehand.

BCVM22

If you were to step out on any of those limbs, they would not support your weight. Especially the Lunatone/Solrock event. They were Generation III Pokémon - how does their involvement with the old man in the desert hint at Sinnoh remakes? How do the Ultra Beasts and Necrozma hint at them, either?

I know people are always going to turn their head and squint to try and see as many "hints" as they can, but certainly you'd have to admit a lot of - most of? - what you submitted as "substance" as pretty flimsy if you take a closer look. At what point do we step back and say "maybe Sinnoh remakes are in the offing, maybe not, but most of this probably doesn't hint at anything and we're seeing ghosts where there are none"?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I've noticed that unlike male Combee, male Salandit are still pretty useful thanks to Corrosion. I managed to take out Totem Lurmantis after using Poison Gas and it helped with the first battle with Lusamine. So I don't mind having only the female evolve since Salazzle has a nearly identical move set with a few additions.

Baggie_Saiyan

Got a female Salandit on the GTS as a backup but managed to find my own after about 10mins decent nature (lowers def up SpAt) quite happy.

Also took 36mins but finally got a Mareanie. Whew dunno if I am gonna put it on the Squad. Currently gonna train Dewpider to see what it evolves into a friend of mine said it evovles at lv22 I think so shouldn't take long especially now I got access to the Wela volcanoe. After that on to the fourth trail. Quite excited actually Dewpider looks really dope! (Please no one spoil it for me don't even give your opinion lol)

I'm taking my time with the game.

Also seeing a lot people body Salazze totem and I made it harder by (accidentally) not healing tbh I struggled with all 3 totems. Loving the difficulty and pace so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.