• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I've noticed that unlike male Combee, male Salandit are still pretty useful thanks to Corrosion. I managed to take out Totem Lurmantis after using Poison Gas and it helped with the first battle with Lusamine. So I don't mind having only the female evolve since Salazzle has a nearly identical move set with a few additions.

Yeah, I'm thankful for that. It didn't make the male of the species entirely useless..... I wish they'd just do split evolutions in the future though if they must insist one gender(Always female it seems) gets an evolution and make the other 90% chance rate of males entirely useless.

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
You can show off your team on the In-Game Team Thread.
Or on the General Competitive Sub-forum.

Belated reply, sorry. But unfortunately neither seems like a place I'm allowed to post a competitive team. The GCSF doesn't have a 7th gen RMT thread yet, nor a Singles Rate thread, and considering this team uses Forretress it's absolutely not viable as an in-game team. Any other place anyone can think of I could show off competitive teams this early on? I do realize that tiers aren't even a thing in 7th gen yet (aside from OU, Pokebank OU, and Pokebank Ubers) but sharing and discussing teams might help to some tiers being solidified faster. Never mind, I found them. I was just looking in the wrong place :p

Last edited:

erebus

Honestly, I'm so in love with these games that I'd rather them put off any Sinnoh remake in exchange for getting Sun/Moon sequels, even though I've been dying for Sinnoh remakes since forever.

BlitzGirl41

They don't mention Sinnoh more than a few times throughout the entire game.

In addition, the games reference Kanto and Johto on a few occasions, so that to me debunks the theory people have thrown around. If Gamefreak makes a D/P remake, they'll make a remake. If they don't, they don't. Why can't people enjoy Sun and Moon as they are instead of trying to link them to their own self-made theories (which are not proven)? As far as I'm concerned, all games are capable of standing on their own, just are part of a larger timeline and world.

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
I actually can't forsee Sinnoh remakes, since at this point, even without remakes, every single generation can be played on a 3DS system (4th and 5th were make for DS, 6th and 7th for 3DS, 2nd and 3rd remade for 3DS, 1st on VC for 3DS with Pokebank support added). I wouldn't count it out, but I'd see a Pokemon Star or Pokemon SuMo 2 being made instead. I could maaaaaybe see a new round of 1st gen remakes to capitalize on Fairy type being added (since it affects more Kanto pokemon than Steel and Dark did when they were added), but again, there's the 1st gen VC games so I can't see that as being as likely.

Honestly, what I want more than anything out of a SuMo sequel would be more regional forms and more Megas. Perhaps introduce a few 6th and 7th gen megas, possibly Kanto forms for Alolan-exclusive pokemon (Kantoan 7th gen starters would be dope as hell).

shadowF

Is it true that playing the game would be weird if you do not get Rowlet? Since people are saying Popplio only fits Hau and Incineroar only fits Professor Kukui.

BlitzGirl41

Is it true that playing the game would be weird if you do not get Rowlet? Since people are saying Popplio only fits Hau and Incineroar only fits Professor Kukui.

Are you saying that we get to see the third starter with Kukui? If so, that's great, as I am about to go to the E4 but still have blank spots in my Dex where Litten and its evos would be.

But to answer your question...no, I don't think it would be weird at all. I just chose Rowlet because it's the only one of the starters I like.

No! I chose Litten, and everything still felt fine.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I wouldn't really say Primarina fits Hau...

Sakuraba

Are you saying that we get to see the third starter with Kukui? If so, that's great, as I am about to go to the E4 but still have blank spots in my Dex where Litten and its evos would be.

But to answer your question...no, I don't think it would be weird at all. I just chose Rowlet because it's the only one of the starters I like.

Kinda. You get to see the last evo. The first and second ones I haven't seen yet.

BlitzGirl41

Kinda. You get to see the last evo. The first and second ones I haven't seen yet.

Is it a post-game battle, out of curiosity?

So I heard there is some sort of glitch with the Poliwhirl you get from a NPC through trade in-game. Can someone get into more detail please?

Haven't found any glitch with mine. It was holding a Waterium-Z, and I evolved it into a Poliwrath with no issues. But, that's just my experience. I'm unaware of this glitch.

If you were to step out on any of those limbs, they would not support your weight. Especially the Lunatone/Solrock event. They were Generation III Pokémon - how does their involvement with the old man in the desert hint at Sinnoh remakes? How do the Ultra Beasts and Necrozma hint at them, either?

I know people are always going to turn their head and squint to try and see as many "hints" as they can, but certainly you'd have to admit a lot of - most of? - what you submitted as "substance" as pretty flimsy if you take a closer look. At what point do we step back and say "maybe Sinnoh remakes are in the offing, maybe not, but most of this probably doesn't hint at anything and we're seeing ghosts where there are none"?

Of course most of what I submitted as "substance" is somewhat flimsy, and by all means I'd much rather have SM sequels than DP remakes at this point. As flimsy as "Niji", the Strange Souvenir and palm trees pointing to Hawaii at first glance, because remember just how many naysayers there were when that was brought up, or that a backwards flowing river could in fact be in reference to one found in a Hawaiian region and not specifically just limited to the Distortion World?

Not quite so sure why some thought those were my own arguments as opposed to myself playing devil's advocate, which has to be the case when some are dealing in absolute terms when it comes to possibilities, which at this point is all that any future entries are, as reliable, or unreliable, we may find the source of the rumour to be. To simply write off any potential possibility simply because it doesn't outright go out of its way to confirm that it is certainly the case would be naive, though, and especially with how recent games such as XYORAS have gone out of their way to hint in a similar fashion, though perhaps a little more on the nose in hindsight. To simply say that these arguments don't have a definitive conclusion is very much backwards, considering that the point of a hint is to not give a definitive conclusion but to rather tease a possibility. I'm not saying DP remakes are next, or even this generation, I'm simply pointing out that it gives an argument for them more credence than "oh, they're next in line for remakes and that's that".

As for the Ultra Beasts and Necrozma? The Ultra Beasts, I thought, was pretty obvious: portals leading to another dimension in a similar fashion to that which led us to the Distortion World, and a focus on some larger mythos - aliens as opposed to Gods. As for Necrozma, that's a little bit more difficult to explain, but alas, I'll try to do it here regardless: Necrozma, the Prism Pokémon, is known to refract light and is very likely a reference to black holes, which also absorb and refract light (probably also a reference to Newton's prism experiment, but besides the point). In reality, it is known that the fundamentals of physics - space and time - break down around black holes and perhaps, it is though, to a lesser extent, wormholes. As we know from the Dimensional Research Lab, space-time in Alola is being used to located Ultra Wormholes and other disturbances (as a side note, them being situated next to a building which houses Aether on the top floor seems a lot more fishy now, right?). As a little add-on, I must add, it was pointed out on many occasions during Null's reveal that it's head gear which limits its power is a reminded of a similar symbol found on Arceus. Now, we know that Null - due to its friendship with Gladion - removes this head gear and masters it's power. What are the odds, then, that Arceus is also going to lose the ring and unleash a greater power in a future game? Because I'd say as a nod, that makes it fairly likely.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Of course most of what I submitted as "substance" is somewhat flimsy, and by all means I'd much rather have SM sequels than DP remakes at this point. As flimsy as "Niji", the Strange Souvenir and palm trees pointing to Hawaii at first glance, because remember just how many naysayers there were when that was brought up, or that a backwards flowing river could in fact be in reference to one found in a Hawaiian region and not specifically just limited to the Distortion World?

Not quite so sure why some thought those were my own arguments as opposed to myself playing devil's advocate, which has to be the case when some are dealing in absolute terms when it comes to possibilities, which at this point is all that any future entries are, as reliable, or unreliable, we may find the source of the rumour to be. To simply write off any potential possibility simply because it doesn't outright go out of its way to confirm that it is certainly the case would be naive, though, and especially with how recent games such as XYORAS have gone out of their way to hint in a similar fashion, though perhaps a little more on the nose in hindsight. To simply say that these arguments don't have a definitive conclusion is very much backwards, considering that the point of a hint is to not give a definitive conclusion but to rather tease a possibility. I'm not saying DP remakes are next, or even this generation, I'm simply pointing out that it gives an argument for them more credence than "oh, they're next in line for remakes and that's that".

As for the Ultra Beasts and Necrozma? The Ultra Beasts, I thought, was pretty obvious: portals leading to another dimension in a similar fashion to that which led us to the Distortion World, and a focus on some larger mythos - aliens as opposed to Gods. As for Necrozma, that's a little bit more difficult to explain, but alas, I'll try to do it here regardless: Necrozma, the Prism Pokémon, is known to refract light and is very likely a reference to black holes, which also absorb and refract light (probably also a reference to Newton's prism experiment, but besides the point). In reality, it is known that the fundamentals of physics - space and time - break down around black holes and perhaps, it is though, to a lesser extent, wormholes. As we know from the Dimensional Research Lab, space-time in Alola is being used to located Ultra Wormholes and other disturbances (as a side note, them being situated next to a building which houses Aether on the top floor seems a lot more fishy now, right?). As a little add-on, I must add, it was pointed out on many occasions during Null's reveal that it's head gear which limits its power is a reminded of a similar symbol found on Arceus. Now, we know that Null - due to its friendship with Gladion - removes this head gear and masters it's power. What are the odds, then, that Arceus is also going to lose the ring and unleash a greater power in a future game? Because I'd say as a nod, that makes it fairly likely.

Arceus REALLY needs a more powerful form that exceeds Mega Mewtwo & Mega Rayquaza, Primal Groudon/Kyogre in BST. I mean, how can you be called a god among Pokémon if you 're not the most powerful ALL the time?

Oh, and Arceus losing his ring, I heard that theory before, on Youtube.

Seb27

Anyone else feel This game was a major dissapointment, in virtually every aspect?

Seems like a massive step back from x and y. The region and map were terrible, new Pokémon were poor. Story was dreadful, had no cohesion, characters were worse, graphics were worse. The four island thing failed miserably. It just felt like a very lazily put together game and can't say I have ever felt that about a Pokémon game before. Z moves were garbage, getting rid of mega evloutions was a horrid error. Trials instead of gyms were awful, and the elite four being the same as the damn trial leaders summed up the laziness. I kept hoping it would get better but it never did. Just dreadful. It's the first Pokémon game I've felt like this about and hopefully the next one is a LOT better.

The only positives is this game at least left off where x and y in terms of Pokémon you were able to catch. It was a good selection. But honestly have to rate this game it would get between a strong 4 and a a weak 5.

Dissapointed would be an under statement.

Anyone else feel This game was a major dissapointment, in virtually every aspect?

Seems like a massive step back from x and y. The region and map were terrible, new Pokémon were poor. Story was dreadful, had no cohesion, characters were worse, graphics were worse. The four island thing failed miserably. It just felt like a very lazily put together game and can't say I have ever felt that about a Pokémon game before. Z moves were garbage, getting rid of mega evloutions was a horrid error. Trials instead of gyms were awful, and the elite four being the same as the damn trial leaders summed up the laziness. I kept hoping it would get better but it never did. Just dreadful. It's the first Pokémon game I've felt like this about and hopefully the next one is a LOT better.

The only positives is this game at least left off where x and y in terms of Pokémon you were able to catch. It was a good selection. But honestly have to rate this game it would get between a strong 4 and a a weak 5.

Uh...I couldn't disagree more, but to each their own, right?

Technologically, graphically et al this is a huuuuuugr step forward from XY in many regards, with arguably one of the best region designs to date and an abundance of great Pokémon designs (stats are another thing altogether, because boy oh boy is this the Shuckle of the main series games!). Arguably the greatest story in any of the Pokémon games, being a character driven piece as opposed to just the typical "save the world again" storyline we've grown so accustomed to. I think I actually prefer Z-Moves to Mega Evolution: whilst I love ME designs, I feel that Z-Moves should have perhaps come before ME, considering how one radically overhauls the meta whereas the other less radically changes the meta. Hints toward gyms in a potential future Alola game should ease your fear about gyms - though I more than welcomed a change in formula - and this is quite easily the most fun I've ever had with a main series game before.

A strong 4/5 is actually a pretty good rating...unless it's out of 10? In which case, again, I couldn't disagree more, but to each their own.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

I guess the rest is subjective (but I literally can't understand how you think this story was worse than XY's), but... Graphics were worse?

The graphics these games were vastly improved than from gen 6.

Also, there was one new member for the E4. And personally, I'd prefer the kahunas/trials being E4 rather than some random people I've never seen before probably don't give a chiz about.

Last edited:

shadowF

I wouldn't really say Primarina fits Hau...

Really? Because I really want to choose Litten but im told that the balance is weird if Rowlet not chosen since Primarina fits Hau and Incineroar fits Kukui because Kukui is the Masked Royal. But if veryone is saying that it is not weird if I choose Litten then that would be cool. Im curious though what makes you think Primarina does not fit Hau?

Status
Not open for further replies.