• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azery

I gotta admit, I was a little disappointed in the Champion Title challengers. I mean, I beat the E4 and I didn't think of rematching it after I finished exploring Poni Island. But by the time I went to rematch, I was already at levels >65... so the E4 and the challengers are just not-a-challenge to me now.

Also it doesn't help that if you lose to a challenger... they don't become actually champions. That's even worse than having to fight the "ex" champion in previous games when you were clearly the current champion...

Feels like a feature they just slapped on at the end and didn't really put a lot of time into tbh. Hopefully they do expand on it(and give all the challengers 6 Pokemon) in stars...if that is even a thing. Still pretty cool though.

Baggie_Saiyan

Olivia was pretty hard too. Jeez this game is unreal.

I haven't been using Z moves (outside of grinding) curious did/are people using them or naw like me?

BlitzGirl41

I haven't been using Z moves (outside of grinding) curious did/are people using them or naw like me?

Only time I used Z-Moves was during the Elite Four and Champion, and only sparingly (gave Psychium-Z to Lunala and Electrium-Z to Vikavolt). Haven't used them anywhere else in the game beyond testing to see what they look like in a wild encounter.

Maxine&Ovol

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT
Males can pass down balls, not just females. My life just got way easier. Thanks gamefreak ;) i also wanted to say this because i wasnt sure if people noticed or not.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Given the presentation of the legendaries of higher importance, from just about any generation, I find it highly unlikely that there are multiple. I think that, based on various elements within the games and the anime, it's reasonable to assume that some of the legendary trios and duos have multiple iterations throughout their regions and the Pokemon world. However, none of those that are depicted as being deified to any extent - the Sinnoh box trio, Arceus, Hoenn box trio, all Alolan legends, Kalos box duo - or any of the other very powerful examples like Ho-oh, Lugia, Mewtwo etc. have ever been depicted as being multiple in nature, or even hinted. Granted, you could argue that their availability in multiple regions counts, or that any of the Creation trio being born from an egg in the Sinjoh Ruins might count, but the Alolan legends obviously don't have an opportunity for that kind of availability yet.

Regardless, I agree with someone above noting that Game Freak probably doesn't care much about the implications of catching a deity, and that there's no real sign that being captured inhibits their ability to carry out their duties provided they have a "good" trainer (as all protagonists generally are). If you catch Tapu Koko and some stuff happens to go down it can probably willfully escape it's ball or signal to you "yo, stuff's going down, let's get to my island bruh." I imagine that the relationship between a trainer and a legendary is more like a complex social contract than a regular capture.

To be fair with the Tapus, they're friggen finicky and sometimes even outright hostile, they help based on their own whims the majority of the time, lmao.
catching the creation trio is much more unnerving

PurpleOrange

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I hope general discussion is okay. Found a "glitch" in the games, so I've been scanning various qr codes and going through the alola dex, but I haven't been scanning any shiny forms at all (just cuz), so just looked through my pokedex and it shows the shiny forms for some pokemon despite me never seeing them or scanning them Now this doesn't seem to affect all pokemon I've scanned, but the majority of the dex entries that show the shiny forms have multiple forms (e.g. alolan, gender diffs etc.) has any else encountered this? is it supposed to work like that? (I do wish to note that prior to discovering this "glitch" I did catch a shiny alola rattata, don't know if that's a factor)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I would think exploring alola would be post game worthy all on its own

I love Alola judging from the parts that I've explored on Sun thus far, but simply exploring a region during the post-game eventually loses its novelty to me after a while once I've seen all the areas. I'm going to try my luck at the Battle Tree however, just to see how much time I can waste there before getting bored.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'

Really? I have been using them all the time during my play through! I would have never thought I would, but they came in so handy so often and the fact that you can use one stone on as many pokemon as you want made me just slap a Z-crystal on every member of my team.

I didn't expect to use this feature that much, but I ended up really liking them. For some reason it feels more natural and intuitive than megas to me.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
One thing I'd like to know before touching the battle tree- does it have the same programming as the battle maison where the opponents are made to dominate your team after a few rounds?
It was a hit and miss thing in XY. It made some challenges enjoyably strategic. But others were complete bull☆ and way too specific in their countermeasures to be called fun.

From my impressions (my best streak is 18 so far, but I only have one properly EV-trained Pokémon), it exists but is less pronounced than other battle facilities. However, even the non-Super modes will throw fully-evolved Pokémon at you right from the start, including Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves.

badwolf1234

Do anyone think that the opposite gender player character is partnerable in battle tree or has that been proven wrong?

Also does anyone have the complete list of all battle tree partner i heard other captains are partnerable also

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^http://serebii.net/sunmoon/battletree.shtml

Anyways, this generation is the first generation to introduce a new member for all conventional Egg Groups by not introducing a new Pokémon from Human-Like Egg Group.

wilmawong

Does Tauros Ride have any effect on egg hatching? There's something like a flame effect when you hold down B. I've been using it and Talonflame to run in circles on Poni Plains and they seem to hatch quite quickly

Z_a_q

Just made an account to post this. I'm battling a random hiker out past Route 8. He has a Mudbrey, so I switched in Trumbeak for the immunity to ground. Unfortunately, Mudbrey is using Double Kick and the move is somehow registering as super effective against my Trumbeak. How the heck does that happen?

Edit: So a while later I managed to fight a Trumbeak. I sent out my own Mudbrey and used Double Kick. It had only regular effectiveness. I am really confused now.

Last edited:

PurpleOrange

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I hope general discussion is okay. Found a "glitch" in the games, so I've been scanning various qr codes and going through the alola dex, but I haven't been scanning any shiny forms at all (just cuz), so just looked through my pokedex and it shows the shiny forms for some pokemon despite me never seeing them or scanning them Now this doesn't seem to affect all pokemon I've scanned, but the majority of the dex entries that show the shiny forms have multiple forms (e.g. alolan, gender diffs etc.) has any else encountered this? is it supposed to work like that? (I do wish to note that prior to discovering this "glitch" I did catch a shiny alola rattata, don't know if that's a factor)

Also turns out I hadn't even scanned some of these and the shiny foms appeared in the dex, really weird

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Just made an account to post this. I'm battling a random hiker out past Route 8. He has a Mudbrey, so I switched in Trumbeak for the immunity to ground. Unfortunately, Mudbrey is using Double Kick and the move is somehow registering as super effective against my Trumbeak. How the heck does that happen?

Edit: So a while later I managed to fight a Trumbeak. I sent out my own Mudbrey and used Double Kick. It had only regular effectiveness. I am really confused now.

I'm guessing that Trumbeak used Roost which removes the Flying type and thus becomes part Normal until the end of the turn. That's probably why Double Kick was able to land a super-effective hit.

Really? I have been using them all the time during my play through! I would have never thought I would, but they came in so handy so often and the fact that you can use one stone on as many pokemon as you want made me just slap a Z-crystal on every member of my team.

I didn't expect to use this feature that much, but I ended up really liking them. For some reason it feels more natural and intuitive than megas to me.

Bad idea to put one on every member. It's a lot better to have a designated Z-move user and give other items to other Pokemon. For example, I make my Munchlax use a Z-Rock Tomb because its attack stat is decent, while I boost my Carbink's current Rock moves with a Hard Stone.

That Hard Stone is useful AF.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just put Z crystals on my Pokemon so I can have variety and one ready in any situation that calls for one such as each of the E4's strongest Pokemon. I gave the Waterium Z to Greninja for its Water Shiruken and Decideium for Decideueye. Those are the two I use the most.

I just put Z crystals on my Pokemon so I can have variety and one ready in any situation that calls for one such as each of the E4's strongest Pokemon. I gave the Waterium Z to Greninja for its Water Shiruken and Decideium for Decideueye. Those are the two I use the most.

Well, if it works for you, then that's cool. It's just in ORAS I did a similar thing with mega stones and put them on four team members, only to realise that it meant I couldn't get any special extra boost on those other Pokemon, so I made sure to not do so in Sun/Moon. But if you like it, then I'm fine with it.

Hmm... I've been thinking. It's very likely that Stars might actually be a fusion of a Third Version and a Sequel. Because the Stars rumour is becoming viable, I'm thinking it's probably gonna be a third version. However, I was looking at how trials work today, and realised that despite there being seven trials, two things stuck out. One: the empty plots around the region. Two: Mina, the fairy trial captain, has been told to set a trial despite there being seven trials already. Those things are pointing to a) Mina doing more in Stars, and b) a potential Gym system in Stars, but that would mean that this takes place after Sun/Moon, making it a sequel. Several other things also play into this. Ryuki, for example, is a dragon-type user, and the seventh trial is dragon. If Stars was to be a sequel, then maybe Ryuki could be a dragon-type leader to commemorate the seventh trial. If the trial captains became Gym leaders, this would also, adding Mina and Ryuki to the mix, equal to eight Gym leaders. Then, Mina is told she has to battle you in post-game for a "duty" by someone, which isn't a trial captain duty, but a Gym Leader duty. All this adds to a possible Gym Leader thing in Stars, which sounds like what a sequel would do. That's not just it, though. The last time a character was given a proper farewell scene, they returned in a sequel. Who's to say Lillie wouldn't do the same, maybe as the champion of Alola or a champion challenger? And I'd like to see if Lusamine fully recovered, as that cliffhanger would be unlikely to be left hanging by GF. As for a Stars plot... I'm thinking Necrozma is relevant, and perhaps some people have come and want to let the UBs loose on Alola (perhaps maybe Faba and some Aether grunts, he's currently the only guy who hasn't been seen to change his mindset).

Sorry that I ranted.

shadowF

If we do get a sequel and the gym system would be implemented, wouldn't that be messed up to the Alolan traditions of having a trial system? Just wondering as while the Pokemon League was set and in universe explanation it was cool I was thought Kukui's goal was to create a Pokemon League that people can challenge if they finish the trial challenge but if in a sequel we get Gyms back and the trial system gone then would that not make Alolans traditions and culture gone in set of new things?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Anyways, this generation is the first generation to introduce a new member for all conventional Egg Groups by not introducing a new Pokémon from Human-Like Egg Group.

I don't follow...By not having new Human-Like Egg Group Pokémon, it added in someone from every conventional Egg Group? Is Human-Like not a conventional Egg Group?

I could've sworn Generation V did that too though, considering how many Pokémon were in that one.

Does Tauros Ride have any effect on egg hatching? There's something like a flame effect when you hold down B. I've been using it and Talonflame to run in circles on Poni Plains and they seem to hatch quite quickly

I tried it with Stoutland initially and got similar results. Either Poké Ride in general increases egg development, steps count up more rapidly than before, or I'm underestimating distance traveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.