• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
To date, my Xbox 360, PS2, and PS4 have the games with the most replayability and time investment, which makes having a TV for those make sense. And with all of the great games that I can sink hundreds of hours into...what's the point of getting a new system I won't have time for? All of my PS4 games are RPGs with countless hours of possible playtime. Pokemon usually only captures my attention for 40-70 hours, before I finally feel the need to start a new file. There just weren't enough games for the Wii or Wii-U that I knew I could invest lots of time into to make me want to buy either console.

EDIT: Plus, the games I would buy for a Wii or Wii-U, hypothetically, are all games I already own on my current consoles. Which would be redundant.

What I meant though is that it sounds like you were completely okay with buying a 3DS simply to play Pokemon. Why wouldn't the same be true of the Switch? Especially since it's still portable.

Azery

What I meant though is that it sounds like you were completely okay with buying a 3DS simply to play Pokemon. Why wouldn't the same be true of the Switch? Especially since it's still portable.

Likely price. Even if it's a considerably lower price than most other consoles(Last I heard, it was put at around £200.) Which while lower than most other consoles, is still a large sum of money to pay for only a single franchise or two. Have to take into account lifestyle and preference in games too.

Personally, I'll wait out until winter 2017. My birthday's around that time and I'll likely pick up BoTW and 'Stars'(If that's a thing) at the same time along with anything else that catches my interest.

BlitzGirl41

I can still play all of my 2DS games on my 3DS, which gives it more value for me. Also, when I bought my 3DS years ago, I purchased Ocarina of Time 3D with it, which was a game I knew would be worth it. Also really enjoy the size of the 3DS (not the XL). My 2DS was also dying. So there were many more reasons behind getting the 3D, which, I may add, was on sale when I bought it.

R_N

All Pokemon have low-poly models as well as walking and running animations.

Could be for unused Poke Spot segments. Given the number of times NPCs psychically determine the first Pokemon in your party, could be for planned following Pokemon a la HGSS.

I don't think pokefinder uses low poly models (or at least I hope not judging by how they only ever have one MAYBE two on screen and the game lags that much) and even then, that'd be no reason to make models for everything.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
All Pokemon have low-poly models as well as walking and running animations.

Could be for unused Poke Spot segments. Given the number of times NPCs psychically determine the first Pokemon in your party, could be for planned following Pokemon a la HGSS.

It looks like something that should be in Sun and Moon but it got edited out because it would lag the game. I think someone mentioned that before.

Do you guys think that it could be also used as physical attacking animations like in Pokemon Battle Revolution?
E.g. the running animation is when the Pokemon runs up to the opponent and attacking animation is when they're striking the other Pokemon.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
Man, I feel great. I just finished my first play through of Pokémon Sun's main story. That ending just gives me the feels my friends! It's a wonderful time for all Pokémon fans when we get such great feelings of joy from our favorites series. Anyone else feel like I do after their first play through of the main story? Let me know! :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Okay had this game over a week now expected to be finshed but just started the 3rd Island. The pace was what I hoped it would be, so many side quests and stories it's great!

I think the pace of these games improves after arriving in Hau'oli city, but I felt that the beginning of the games had a slower pace compared to previous core games. And even tho I knew that gyms wouldn't appear in Sun and Moon, I still really miss them. The island challenges just aren't as fun to me. ^^;

G0AT

Man, I feel great. I just finished my first play through of Pokémon Sun's main story. That ending just gives me the feels my friends! It's a wonderful time for all Pokémon fans when we get such great feelings of joy from our favorites series. Anyone else feel like I do after their first play through of the main story? Let me know! :)

Yes man! Totally feels the same. It was the best Pokemon game since the first couple imo.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
Yes man! Totally feels the same. It was the best Pokemon game since the first couple imo.

I've loved all the main series games since I was a kid, when Red and Blue came out, but I've only had a few moments in the previous generations that gave me such strong feelings like the story ending of this game. Happiness, Joy, Laughter, Nostalgia, and even a little bit of Sadness. It was truly heart warming and I hope this is true for everyone else. I also hope GameFreak continues to create content with this kind of emotion in all the future generations. I'm still smiling. :)

R_N

It looks like something that should be in Sun and Moon but it got edited out because it would lag the game. I think someone mentioned that before.

Do you guys think that it could be also used as physical attacking animations like in Pokemon Battle Revolution?
E.g. the running animation is when the Pokemon runs up to the opponent and attacking animation is when they're striking the other Pokemon.

No to the latter part because these are different models meant for the overworld

e: they also have walking, transition and i think slightly different idle animations

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

I don't think it would drastically affect the game's performance.
I think it's no different with PokeRide. We have the player and the Pokemon. The only difference is that you're riding them, rather than them following behind you.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
What confuses me is that there's walking/running animations for Megas, and I highly doubt you would just have a Mega following you outside of battle, so I think that kinda rules out the whole following Pokemon thing, unless I'm just overthinking things.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
What confuses me is that there's walking/running animations for Megas, and I highly doubt you would just have a Mega following you outside of battle, so I think that kinda rules out the whole following Pokemon thing, unless I'm just overthinking things.

It's more then likely just placeholders so the game doesn't crash, Pokémon-amie/refresh has the same thing as you can pet and play with the Mega Evolutions if you hack them in even though you can't do it normally.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
At first I thought buying those backpacks from the Hau'oli mall was ridiculous. But then Looker gives you a million pokedollars after completing the UB quest, it suddenly makes sense to buy them now.

Or maybe its just I didn't have a lot of money to begin with. I gasped when he gave me that amount of cash. :O

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
At first I thought buying those backpacks from the Hau'oli mall was ridiculous. But then Looker gives you a million pokedollars after completing the UB quest, it suddenly makes sense to buy them now.

Or maybe its just I didn't have a lot of money to begin with. I gasped when he gave me that amount of cash. :O

Yeah, what was up with that obscene amount of cash? It pretty much devalued everything in the game to absolutely nothing, why would they do that?

BCVM22

Yeah, what was up with that obscene amount of cash? It pretty much devalued everything in the game to absolutely nothing, why would they do that?

What, in the game, was really too expensive to be purchased before you completed the Ultra Beast quest? Especially if you made a point of using the Amulet Coin and collecting all of the sellable valuables throughout the story.

goodpeople25

Enh I thought it was quite interesting and overall a pretty good idea, both mechanically and story wise (Though Ignoring mechanics and assuming pokedollars as, yen $10,000 for UB catching feels a bit of cheap reward honestly) providing a nice closer to a quest and giving a good sized money net for the rest of the post game. It seems like alot at first sure, (but I also was kinda tight on cash in the main game, didn't feel like amulet coining) but I'm at triple that reward now and who really knows how much I spent on potions to get that money. With the E4 being one of the best grinding spots I think it works quite well.

Though I did do the UB quest early on in the post game, so that could easily shape my opinion on it.

R_N

I've used 500k of that money on capture supplies & healing stuff so I was very appreciative of it.

If the male players in this game had actualy variety in fashion I probably would have spent it all very quickly but alas, pallet swapped tank tops as far as the eye can see

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What, in the game, was really too expensive to be purchased before you completed the Ultra Beast quest? Especially if you made a point of using the Amulet Coin and collecting all of the sellable valuables throughout the story.

Admittedly I didn't do any money earning tricks, but before Looker gave the money to me, I had just under 500,000, meaning he just handed over double the money I had earned across the length of the entire game, suddenly devaluing all of that money I earned.

Status
Not open for further replies.