• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exsception

Born Completionist
So obviously a lot of us skipped the desert, but did any of you also skip the power plant like I did? When I progress through games I like to always take an optional route before I take the main one.The plant seemed like it was where I was supposed to go when I first got there, so I skipped it and totally forgot about it later.

Cradily17

I have to wonder. Besides there being no National Dex, why didn't all of the Mega Stones return?

BlitzGirl41

So obviously a lot of us skipped the desert, but did any of you also skip the power plant like I did? When I progress through games I like to always take an optional route before I take the main one.The plant seemed like it was where I was supposed to go when I first got there, so I skipped it and totally forgot about it later.

Yep, I didn't go to the desert or power plant until I was done with the main story. Mostly because, as others have mentioned, right after you beat Acerola's Trial, you get dragged further along the story with no evidence of a break, so it became easy to forget those side paths were open already.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
Crap! I skipped the desert too! I completely forgot about it! Oh well, I still need to get more Pokémon for my Dex and I always do like to explore everywhere in every game.

Is anyone else having trouble finding a Jangmo-o? I have been running through the grass patches in the area Serebii says they can be found in for hours but I have yet to see a single one.

Also I ended up fainting Tapu Koko, is there a second chance to catch him or have a messed myself up?

BlitzGirl41

Crap! I skipped the desert too! I completely forgot about it! Oh well, I still need to get more Pokémon for my Dex and I always do like to explore everywhere in every game.

Is anyone else having trouble finding a Jangmo-o? I have been running through the grass patches in the area Serebii says they can be found in for hours but I have yet to see a single one.

Also I ended up fainting Tapu Koko, is there a second chance to catch him or have a messed myself up?

Thankfully, there is no immediate need to go into Haina Desert right away, since Tapu Bulu is only accessible post-game...unless you want a Trapinch in your team before the E4.

Funnily enough, I encountered a Jangmo-o almost immediately. It is supposed to have a very low encounter rate.

Yes, if you beat the Elite Four/Champion, all Legendaries you accidentally killed or lost will respawn.

Azery

Thankfully, there is no immediate need to go into Haina Desert right away, since Tapu Bulu is only accessible post-game...unless you want a Trapinch in your team before the E4.

Funnily enough, I encountered a Jangmo-o almost immediately. It is supposed to have a very low encounter rate.

Yes, if you beat the Elite Four/Champion, all Legendaries you accidentally killed or lost will respawn.

Actually, you can refight the tapus if you kill them immediately.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
Actually, you can refight the tapus if you kill them immediately.

Oh thank goodness. Thought I messed myself up there for a minute. I still need to catch me a Jangmo-o! Where are you Jangmo-o!?!

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I suppose you're right that they weren't lying about the quantity. But I'm not arguing with the sheer selection amount. But rather the actual aesthetic styles seen. There are more actual models and less recoloring on clothes for males in XY. Top selections in XY included Jackets, Hoodies, Zipped sleek jackets, T-Shirts, collared shirts, and a t-shirt/collar shirt mix.
These actual options are basically halved for Sun/Moon now to Shirts, Collared Shirts, and Tank tops.
Of course the ideal style gamefreak was going for was tropical. But I don't see why player customisation should necessarily be restrited to that. Jacket options would still be nice and would be chosen by those who like them. I mean Grimsley gets his own damn Kimono while the rest of us are swapping tees

But that is what I meant with the 2nd paragraph about the pants! There actually aren't a lot more actual models in XY. There are 8 models of pants in both XY and SM, but the latter offers a ton more color variation AND different prints, like the Alolan muk or the legend prints. When it comes to upper body wear, there's only 5 actual different models in XY (jackets, zipped jackets, t-shirts and the shirt/t-shirt combo), all come in only 1 to 4 patterns and colors. SM has 4 (t-shirts, collared shirts, tanks and polos), so one less variation, but that's a small price to pay when each variation comes in tons of colors and prints (which in turn also come in tons of colors). And there being one less model of upper body fashion is evened out by there being more hairstyle models, shoe models and the option to not wear a hat or to wear glasses.

Sorry, I don't want to be preachy, but I think the problem just is that there are only options fit for Alolan weather, which I can understand you might consider a letdown! It's just really not the amount of options. :p

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Odd how the Psychic stone was in the middle of a freaking desert. What does that even have to do with that type?!

Actually, there is some very clever reasoning. The desert is a maze that makes no sense. If you go through one door and then back out, you'll appear in a completely different room than before. There's one NPC who said they've been trapped there for a year, and another who's pretty much been driven crazy. The desert plays mind games with you. To complete the connection, the name of the Psychic-Type Z-Move is Shattered Psyche, a perfectly fitting Z-Move to be found in a desert that drives people crazy.

cl94

Oh thank goodness. Thought I messed myself up there for a minute. I still need to catch me a Jangmo-o! Where are you Jangmo-o!?!

Vast Poni Canyon, up top outside (the areas with the bridges). Jangmo-o has a 5% encounter rate, the rest of the line will show up in SOS battles.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
Vast Poni Canyon, up top outside (the areas with the bridges). Jangmo-o has a 5% encounter rate, the rest of the line will show up in SOS battles.

Yeah I know, but I've been searching for hours and haven't encountered one yet. It was easier to catch my female Salandit than find a Jangmo-o.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Yeah I know, but I've been searching for hours and haven't encountered one yet. It was easier to catch my female Salandit than find a Jangmo-o.

Funny enough, I had the exact same experience during my run through lol.

R_N

well they are more common over all
12.8% of finding a female and you can use cute charm to buff that up to 66%

cl94

I got lucky. I set out to find a Jangmo-o today and ended up with a Hakamo-o. Third wild encounter in the area. By comparison, a female Salandit took well over an hour.

Still haven't gotten a Dratini, though. That's one of the few families I have nothing from at this point.

I will say that some families are much harder to obtain this time around than in the past. Quite a few sitting at 1% and the Chansey line (among others) only appears in SOS battles. I don't mind the challenge one bit, as the GTS and new Exp Share have made upping the Pokemon count easier.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
When I first arrived at Bast Poni Canyon, Jangmo-o was the second thing to pop out of the grass at me. Unfortunately I defeated it when trying to catch it. Apparently I was lucky though, because it only took me half an hour to find another.

Is it just me, or is it a little silly the Hakamo-o evolves into Kommo-o at leve 45, and yet the lowest level Jangmo-o you can catch is 43? I would have appreciated having a Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o on my team for more than one level each.

cl94

When I first arrived at Bast Poni Canyon, Jangmo-o was the second thing to pop out of the grass at me. Unfortunately I defeated it when trying to catch it. Apparently I was lucky though, because it only took me half an hour to find another.

Is it just me, or is it a little silly the Hakamo-o evolves into Kommo-o at leve 45, and yet the lowest level Jangmo-o you can catch is 43? I would have appreciated having a Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o on my team for more than one level each.

That's part of why I'm fine with a Hakamo-o. I'll throw it in day care once it gets to 45 and get a low-leveled Jangmo-o. Actually a few, because I bet I could get a decent amount for them on the GTS...

Cerex

Has there been any official word from GameFreak regarding the currently unavailable Mega Stones in the game? I've read that they are coded in the game, but just not available for some strange reason. It all seems rather arbitrary which ones made it in and which ones didn't, especially given that some NPC's use unavailable ones to the player.

Arpeggio

I love the game, I've beat the Elite Four and caught all the deity pokemon and ultra beasts. I also got my first ever shiny pokemon (nontrade) completely at random. I think I might have cried, but I'll cling to my masculinity and say I didn't. :p

Akashin

Has there been any official word from GameFreak regarding the currently unavailable Mega Stones in the game? I've read that they are coded in the game, but just not available for some strange reason. It all seems rather arbitrary which ones made it in and which ones didn't, especially given that some NPC's use unavailable ones to the player.

Nothing arbitrary about it. Dragon Ascent for Rayquaza and the Kanto Starter Mega Stones notwithstanding (and those come from Red, so no surprise there), the available Mega Stones are the ones that work with the Mega-eligible Pokemon found in Alola. Presumably when the next game(s) expands the Pokemon available in Gen VII without Bank, they will make the Mega Stones for those Pokemon (hopefully all Mega Stones) available.

To answer your question though, no, Game Freak has not said anything.

BCVM22

Has there been any official word from GameFreak regarding the currently unavailable Mega Stones in the game?

Unless it's a game breaking-glitch that needs patching, there's not going to be official word from Game Freak on anything.

It all seems rather arbitrary which ones made it in and which ones didn't

Between the Battle Tree and Dexio, it's the Kanto starters plus all of the Pokémon in the Alola Dex who can Mega Evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.