• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXD17

Draco rex
So it's a high demand one. lol

Any other Pokémon that's high on demand? I will be grateful if there's a list...

Just off the top of my head...

Celesteela
Type: Null
Cosmog line
Mareanie line

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Is the Cosmog line that in demand? I put a spare Japanese Ditto in for one and surprisingly got one. Also got a Cosmoem for a Kommo-o.

Do you happen to know what Pokémon to put for a Porygon 2 and Porygon-Z, then? Put a Porygon holding an Up-grade asking for a Porygon2, but I guess the ''put a Pokémon holding an evolution item and asking for its evolution that requires said item'' method doesn't work here.

Also, a tip for evolving Null to Silvally quickly: take it to massages, and give it meals on the Friendship Parlor**** shop at Festival Plaza (particularly the last three meals). You will be amazed how helpful they are.

Last edited:

FowTech95

Random Passerby
guys if you had to choose between scald and aqua tail on a feraligatr (and surf and waterfall were not options) what would you choose? i can't really find an appropriate place to ask this, so i hope you don't mind me asking it here.

for the record, my feraligatr has 156 attack and 109 special attack. and yes he is part of my pokemon sun team

It depends on what build your Feraligatr is. Normally, I would choose Aqua Tail since it naturally has a high Attack stat. But if you're running a Special or mixed one, go for Scald since it brings in the burns.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Do you happen to know what Pokémon to put for a Porygon 2 and Porygon-Z, then? Put a Porygon holding an Up-grade asking for a Porygon2, but I guess the ''put a Pokémon holding an evolution item and asking for its evolution that requires said item'' method doesn't work here.

Also, a tip for evolving Null to Silvally quickly: take it to massages, and give it meals on the Friendship Parlor**** shop at Festival Plaza (particularly the last three meals). You will be amazed how helpful they are.
If you manage to get your hands on at least one of the "evolve w/ item" Pokémon, you're good to go. Let's say you get Politoed (which you can actually catch in-game). Put it up and ask for a Slowking, then offer the Slowking for Scizor, and so on. Porygon2 > Porygon-Z is the only one that doesn't work so well, so get PZ by trading something else for it and then offer your PZ for a P2.

That's how I got all their Dex entries.

Torrito

After beating the game, I caught the Tapu Koko and saved. Turns out it was a bashful nature, which sucks. Do you guys think it's worth hard resetting to get a Timid/Modest Koko? I have the three starters, Kommo-o, Golisopod, Lycanroc(M), Solgaleo, Ash Greninja and 50% Zygarde all leveled up in the 60's.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
After beating the game, I caught the Tapu Koko and saved. Turns out it was a bashful nature, which sucks. Do you guys think it's worth hard resetting to get a Timid/Modest Koko? I have the three starters, Kommo-o, Golisopod, Lycanroc(M), Solgaleo, Ash Greninja and 50% Zygarde all leveled up in the 60's.

Only if you happen to beat it and then complete the Elite Four all over again to have better control on its nature.

Unless that can't be done for Koko.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
Only if you happen to beat it and then complete the Elite Four all over again to have better control on its nature.

Unless that can't be done for Koko.

Koko can be rebattled if you beat him at the end game. You just have to touch the statue in the Ruins of Conflict just like the other Tapus.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
So even if you catch the one right after beating the E4, you can go back to the ruins and catch another?

No. Once you catch it, it's gone. You can only battle it again if you knocked it out the last time.

Akashin

No. I meant, if Koko's nature and spreads are already decided when you first beat it.

I think you can control its nature since they're two different encounters. I'm not sure on this since I'm already satisfied with my Adamant one from end game.

Yes, Tapu Koko's Nature is determined at the start of each encounter, so KOing it during the endgame doesn't lock you into anything.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I caught Tapu Leletoday. Thing took 20 Ultra Balls to catch and it was consistently in the red to yellow range the whole time!

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I just traded my bashful Koko for an adamant one via GTS. Is adamant serviceable/what moveset would work?

Wild Charge and Brave Bird could work. Even though it has a higher Attack stat, its physical moveset is way limited. It's a major downside of a physical Tapu Koko since its Special moveset is more viable.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Koko gets a number of moves to help fill out even physical movesets; Roost, Taunt, Nature's Madness, U-turn.

Figure out what you want to do with it, then work from there.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Discovered a glitch in SM that allows eggs to hold items - unaware if this is old news or not!

I was transferring an everstone between parents and accidently gave it to the egg,and upon doing so losing access to it until the egg was hatched.
Turns out this works with other items as well, and the item doesn't disappear when traded (tested this evening).

Method:
1.Give a party pokemon not inside an egg an item of choice.
2.Select above pokemon:
Held item => Move
3. Move => Egg
The egg slot will be unable to take the item. Press b and proceed to step 4.
4.Move => Egg
The egg slot now carries an item like an ordinary slot! The item cannot be removed unless the egg is hatched, or items are swapped using the same method.

The only use of this glitch that I can currently think of is the ability to send an additional surprise the recipient of the egg if you are trading them away as gifts. Anybody see further potential for this trick?

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well, in his most recent interview, Masuda was asked about a Diamond/Pearl remake and he laughed saying he doesn't know. Take that however you want.

Well, I'm sure he's under a lot of NDAs.

Seriously, what's with the GTS? Every freaking time I go to trade for Celesteela I ALWAYS get the message the Pokémon has been already traded. ALWAYS! This is ridiculous.

I've been having the same predicament, and I think they ARE being sniped. You have to be incredibly quick on the draw. I don't know if there is someone hoarding Celesteelas or what though.

So it's a high demand one. lol

Any other Pokémon that's high on demand? I will be grateful if there's a list...

While there isn't one quite to the same level as Celesteela to my knowledge, Kartana, Buzzwole, and Pheromosa are too due to being version-exclusive Ultra Beasts. Type: Null and Silvally are also really in demand, though I have no clue why. Of the starters, it seems that the Rowlet line is currently the most in demand, with Popplio not far behind. Some people like to collect Minior colors too, and will go to great lengths if a Minior color they don't have is available.

Where are you finding this information? I can't find anything related to what you two are talking about. Am I missing or misunderstanding something here?

The Pokémon games get data-mined as soon as possible, and the results are shared with Pokémon fans. Data-mining allows you to see plenty of stuff hidden from the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.