• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
And it's OVER. Alola Dex is complete for me! My first-ever legally completed Pokedex... and it only took me 15 years!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
One thought that's been in the back of myhead ever since I learned what is or isn't available in Alola: Why isn't the Oddish line available? Bellossom's a hula dancer Pokémon, after all, and a cardboard stand in Heahea City depicts a hula dancer with a Bellossom by her feet.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
One thought that's been in the back of myhead ever since I learned what is or isn't available in Alola: Why isn't the Oddish line available? Bellossom's a hula dancer Pokémon, after all, and a cardboard stand in Heahea City depicts a hula dancer with a Bellossom by her feet.

It's the same reason why the Charmander and Rotom lines aren't available.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well,my point is that Bellossom is themed on a hula dancer, which would fit right in. It seems odd that they wouldn't do so, because they have a lot of other Hawaii stereotype Pokémon.

I guess you got Pa'u Oricorio, but it still feels weird that Bellossom was excluded.

Crimson_Blazer

General discussion huh? Can I discuss how much of an idiot I am? Trying to complete the dex and before I knew I needed the box legend for the second cosmog, I traded my solgaleo on the GTS for something else I needed :/ I'm fairly certain someone will let me borrow another one but that's putting faith in a stranger. I'll have to find some super good collateral as a trade asset. My own fault for not thinking ahead

Riigoo

So, I'm terribly sorry if this was already has been discussed but apparently, it seems that S/M takes place 2 years after gen 5...

15740759_761287280686607_7750702813960884459_n.jpg

But Nanu said that Anabel came from this world 10 years ago, right? But Wally didn't changed so much from ORAS... Hmm...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Pokemon timeline is much more confusing that it is as if Kingdom Hearts' plot and Legend of Zelda's storyline married and had a baby.

In general, expect your previous generation to have been obliterated from existence behind the scenes in favor of a "better" dimension...at the expense of making almost all of the Pokemon have some dark facts revealed that get darker each gen.

Aetius

So, I'm terribly sorry if this was already has been discussed but apparently, it seems that S/M takes place 2 years after gen 5...

15740759_761287280686607_7750702813960884459_n.jpg

But Nanu said that Anabel came from this world 10 years ago, right? But Wally didn't changed so much from ORAS... Hmm...

It's not that unusual for a person to not change at all in ten years.
But yeah, I must admit that it's a weak arguement. XD
Still, that's the only conclusion we can come to after giving a look at the Basic Timeline:

Red & Blue/Ruby & Sapphire > Gold & Silver/Diamond & Pearl > Black & White > Black 2 & White 2/X & Y > Sun & Moon.

I say Basic Timeline because it is only needed to give us an idea about the events, certainly not the actual timeline.
After all, all the main games that came before X &Y, ORAS and Sun & Moon, do not have megaevos and Z-powers, making them belong to completely different universes.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
We're at almost 250,000 captured QR Pokemon from the last four days, and only 6 more days remain to reach 1,000,000.

Yup. We're going to fail this mission, too.

We got slightly more time than that, but yeah, we ain't gonna make it. :( We got closer this time though and I've personally been doing 2-3 per day thanks in big part to your signature. :D

FowTech95

Random Passerby
We're at almost 250,000 captured QR Pokemon from the last four days, and only 6 more days remain to reach 1,000,000.

Yup. We're going to fail this mission, too.

I lost confidence in this mission when we barely hit 100,000 on the second day. If we go on a rate of, let's say, 50,000 a day, we might not make it. But hey, we got rare mons AND 217 FCs even if we fail.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I lost confidence in this mission when we barely hit 100,000 on the second day. If we go on a rate of, let's say, 50,000 a day, we might not make it. But hey, we got rare mons AND 217 FCs even if we fail.

Yeah, and the rare Pokemon I've acquired has helped me fill more of my Pokedex via GTS.

Oh, and if you have Game Sync, you'll actually get 434 FC even though we failed the mission.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher

Sounds like it's the other Wally that came from the Ultra Wormhole. The one without the Pokemon War.

Either that or it's the Wally from the same universe. Except that he died from his sickness and you're actually battling the ghost of him. :p

XXD17

Draco rex
Well,my point is that Bellossom is themed on a hula dancer, which would fit right in. It seems odd that they wouldn't do so, because they have a lot of other Hawaii stereotype Pokémon.

I guess you got Pa'u Oricorio, but it still feels weird that Bellossom was excluded.

What's even wierder is that Bellossom was also featured in one of the tourist centers...the one in Heahea I think...

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Sounds like it's the other Wally that came from the Ultra Wormhole. The one without the Pokemon War.

Either that or it's the Wally from the same universe. Except that he died from his sickness and you're actually battling the ghost of him. :p

It would sound crazy that we would fight Wally's ghost, even though we saw him at the Battle Tree, in the flesh. If he were to come from an Ultra Wormhole, how would you know if he lost part of his memories from his travels in a portal?

Even if Sun & Moon approximately took 10 years after Gen V, why would Cynthia & Wally look the same after all these years? Heck, Dexio & Sina looked older the last time we saw them in Gen VI, but Wally still looked like the same shorty kid we saw from ORAS, even though he is now in his 20's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.