• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I feel really bad for Corsola thanks to the Mareanie line. It deserves an evolution to better defend itself

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Speaking of the Festival, I really hate it when people with "Do you know what I feel?" greeting ask for stall recommendations. Like really, how am I suppose to know what they like. They're random strangers and the questionnaires don't help with this since most of them are listed as "No idea."

I haven't found any pattern or logic with it. I just have to guess randomly, and most of the time I get it wrong.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I know right? The bright side though is that they pay twice as many Festival coins when you get them right as opposed to those that are more obvious.

That depends. I once got an answer correctly and only got 4 FCs. Although there are some who gave 15 FCs when I go online. VIPs sometimes give more with "Listen! Listen!" and "Let's battle!" with at most 30-35 FCs. But that only happens when I'm online.

I haven't found any pattern or logic with it. I just have to guess randomly, and most of the time I get it wrong.

I guess its random since I always recommend one stall to the same guest and got different reactions from it.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
That depends. I once got an answer correctly and only got 4 FCs. Although there are some who gave 15 FCs when I go online. VIPs sometimes give more with "Listen! Listen!" and "Let's battle!" with at most 30-35 FCs. But that only happens when I'm online.

I've actually received 60 FC from a non-VIP before just for doing the guessing game about where they stood in the Festival Plaza rankings. I don't know what's so special about it. I just assumed I got really lucky.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I've actually received 60 FC from a non-VIP before just for doing the guessing game about where they stood in the Festival Plaza rankings. I don't know what's so special about it. I just assumed I got really lucky.

I just check their rankings through the "Check Info" selection in their profile. If their rank is high enough, I would recommend them to meet. My hypothesis on the ranking comparison is that the larger the gap between the two persons, the higher the FC reward. I will look into this when I have the time.

Aetius

Since pretty much everyone finished the game (or at least the majority did), I wanted to know your opinion about the Title Defense battles.
I don't know you, but for the first time in a Pokèmon game I felt like I was finally an official Champion of the Pokèmon League.
I mean, in the previous games we did become one, however it didn't feel...how can I put it...rewarding?
To the E4 we were just another challenger, even in the post-game, and the champion was still magically there as if he didn't lose at all against us. LOL
I do hope that they'll keep such a mechanic also in the future Pokèmon games, because it's one of the many things that made me love Sun & Moon even more! :D

FowTech95

Random Passerby
Since pretty much everyone finished the game (or at least the majority did), I wanted to know your opinion about the Title Defense battles.
I don't know you, but for the first time in a Pokèmon game I felt like I was finally an official Champion of the Pokèmon League.
I mean, in the previous games we did become one, however it didn't feel...how can I put it...rewarding?
To the E4 we were just another challenger, even in the post-game, and the champion was still magically there as if he didn't lose at all against us. LOL
I do hope that they'll keep such a mechanic also in the future Pokèmon games, because it's one of the many things that made me love Sun & Moon even more! :D

As much as I like the title defense battles, I feel that successfully defending your title in the game lacks impact. You defeat the challenger like a normal trainer and that's it, you return to the Pokémon League entrance. At least give us a skippable credits so that I can truly feel the achievement in defending my title.

I love the title defense but it's like a paradigm shift from previous gens. Before, you would become a challenger once again in post-game but now, you will always be the champion, even if you lose the title defense. I wish that you would challenge the trainer you lost against (with them sitting on the throne) the next time you beat the Elite Four.

Aetius

As much as I like the title defense battles, I feel that successfully defending your title in the game lacks impact. You defeat the challenger like a normal trainer and that's it, you return to the Pokémon League entrance. At least give us a skippable credits so that I can truly feel the achievement in defending my title.

I love the title defense but it's like a paradigm shift from previous gens. Before, you would become a challenger once again in post-game but now, you will always be the champion, even if you lose the title defense. I wish that you would challenge the trainer you lost against (with them sitting on the throne) the next time you beat the Elite Four.

Honestly, I didn't give much thought to the credits. XD
If anything, I welcomed with open arms the total lack of it. LOL
As for the last point you mentioned, I agree with you, as it is the last thing they should add to make the Pokèmon League more realistic. :D

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I just check their rankings through the "Check Info" selection in their profile. If their rank is high enough, I would recommend them to meet. My hypothesis on the ranking comparison is that the larger the gap between the two persons, the higher the FC reward. I will look into this when I have the time.

If someone gives you the "I want to meet" message, the key is to select anyone that is in the top 10 for ranking in that area. That has always paid me the most possible festival coins for it. Top 11-20 will give you half of the maximum and 21 or less will give you 10 percent of the maximum.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
If someone gives you the "I want to meet" message, the key is to select anyone that is in the top 10 for ranking in that area. That has always paid me the most possible festival coins for it. Top 11-20 will give you half of the maximum and 21 or less will give you 10 percent of the maximum.

Well I learned it the hard way by getting only 1 FC by introducing someone who has a high Miscellaneous Rank to a person.

JKG2

I just caught a ditto that has a purple box that says "POKERUS", is this bad? google says its a virus

ah. nvmnd, just figured out its good!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

That would make sense. I have been noticing an overall downward trend with the FC I get from non-mission related things.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I also don't get the midpoint thing with the guests. I always answer with "High" since the record is always 0 for some reason. The only time I got the answer wrong is when I went online, where the records actually have values. But that only a one time thing since the records showed 0 once more the next time I answered the question online.

Satoshi & Touko

I also don't get the midpoint thing with the guests. I always answer with "High" since the record is always 0 for some reason. The only time I got the answer wrong is when I went online, where the records actually have values. But that only a one time thing since the records showed 0 once more the next time I answered the question online.

This records stuff is a glitched up mess. But it is fun to try and get high stats. Hopefully this and the million other bugs with this game's online features will get fixed eventually.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

FowTech95

Random Passerby

It seems you're right about that. I just tried it with some guest and it got me 11-30 FCs by just tapping on the first guest on the list. Based on what I know, they only have Rank 2s; maybe its also a bug that needs to be fixed in an update patch.

Satoshi & Touko

It seems you're right about that. I just tried it with some guest and it got me 11-30 FCs by just tapping on the first guest on the list. Based on what I know, they only have Rank 2s; maybe its also a bug that needs to be fixed in an update patch.

There's a lot of bugs with Festival Plaza and online features overall. There's these ranking issues you mentioned and I'm having a nightmare of a time once again with GTS. How long do they usually take to develop needed patches? I don't remember the first X and Y patches taking this long.

redroses

Just finished my second playthrough of moon.
Now I wanna do some post game stuff with a mix of my first and second team, and this is the hardest decision ever.

My first team was: Decidueye - Salazzle - Ribombee - Lycanroc - Mudsdale - Bewear
My second team is: Primarina - Toucannon - Mimikyu - Silvally - Alolan Raichu - Drampa

So far my current plan is Decidueye - Salazzle - Lycanroc - Primarina - Mimikyu - Silvally

I want to keep it fair and use three from the first and three from the second, but gosh, it's really hard. Alone because of the sentimental value, haha.
Also no idea which type I should go for on Silvally if I stick to the planned team.
Any thoughts, inputs or ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.