• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I have a feeling that FE sales are going to be used as barometers by a number of people, both with Echoes vs. Awakening, Fates and with New 3DS Warriors vs. Switch Warriors

oh wait, wrong thread!

what I meant to say was that times change and technology improves, and you really think the Switch isn't a handheld?

BCVM22

I found something else out that could be disastrous for Pokemon on the Switch.

Just as "disasterous" as the first thing you "found out." I can only imagine what the third will be.

what I meant to say was that times change and technology improves, and you really think the Switch isn't a handheld?

Logic and reason don't mean anything anymore. Let's just keep shouting things like "all the save files are on the Switch itself!" and "Game Freak has never made a console title!" like they mean anything and claim it passes for reasonable discussion.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I guess a main line title could somehow end up on the Switch, though I'd also guess that would happen long after the demand to actually get a chance to buy the console has gone down. Something Pokemon related would seriously keep the demand even higher to absurd degrees if it were to happen in the next few months.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
I guess a main line title could somehow end up on the Switch, though I'd also guess that would happen long after the demand to actually get a chance to buy the console has gone down. Something Pokemon related would seriously keep the demand even higher to absurd degrees if it were to happen in the next few months.

Really? Well good thing I preordered one today when I had the chance.

I'll be honest, I mostly skimmed this whole "Pokemon on Switch" thing, and I don't get what the problem is, if there even is one.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Hey guys, I have a question. It's about Pinap Berry and Bluk Berry. What can they do? I find it odd it does not fit into the game...unless I am missing something.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hey guys, I have a question. It's about Pinap Berry and Bluk Berry. What can they do? I find it odd it does not fit into the game...unless I am missing something.

In Sun and Moon, nothing at all. They were designed for games like Ruby and Sapphire or Diamond and Pearl where you could use berries to make PokeBlock/Poffins. The berries would help a certain contest stat. They exist now solely as legacy items. (Or for when they bring back contests again in Diamond and Pearl remakes)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Just signed up for the tournament! I've been itching to get Mega Sceptile.

Now I will avenge Sawyer. MWAHAHAHAHA

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The games where certain Berries are useless in terms of held item status are FRLG, BW, BW2, XY, and SM. In all those games the Berries are used to trade for other items, enhance stats by talking to a specific person, make medicine, and to dye items different colors.

Dr. Eeviil

...How is this any different from how the 3DS / cartridge handles the save data, anyway? And for god's sake, you're criticizing a paid application that essentially charges you 5 chocolate bars in a whole year.

Plus you get a couple hundred free battle points per year.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
In Sun and Moon, nothing at all. They were designed for games like Ruby and Sapphire or Diamond and Pearl where you could use berries to make PokeBlock/Poffins. The berries would help a certain contest stat. They exist now solely as legacy items. (Or for when they bring back contests again in Diamond and Pearl remakes)

Ah okay. It would makes sense that Pinap Berry is like a version of Pineapple on islands. Thanks!

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
I'm a little concerned about the next Global Mission actually.

Like, will it count any Pokebeans you pick up, or does it only count beans that are added to your total, meaning that if you are maxed out on beans, no beans you pick up will count?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I just realized Sun and Moon is about an immigrant coming to the United States.

Coincidence? Obviously. But it's still rather interesting.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I just realized Sun and Moon is about an immigrant coming to the United States.

Coincidence? Obviously. But it's still rather interesting.

i'd argue that Alola is closer to respresenting Polynesia in region form more so than being the hawaii of the US. BW is what represents US in my mind for pokemon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
well this seriously sucks, i might as well give up on trying to getting the Hoenn mega stones. ive been trying 1-2 times each day since the participation date started to register for the new competition but it only mentions that the previous competition has ended and shunts me back to the battle option :(. i havent cheated/hacked nor had issues connecting (no special denial error code) to the PGL server and PGL support is 3 days into my support question with only an automated answer. i hope they get to the bottom of this quickly.

am i really the only one where the game cant see that the april battle comp is open for participation?

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
well this seriously sucks, i might as well give up on trying to getting the Hoenn mega stones. ive been trying 1-2 times each day since the participation date started to register for the new competition but it only mentions that the previous competition has ended and shunts me back to the battle option :(. i havent cheated/hacked nor had issues connecting (no special denial error code) to the PGL server and PGL support is 3 days into my support question with only an automated answer. i hope they get to the bottom of this quickly.

am i really the only one where the game cant see that the april battle comp is open for participation?
I don't think the game will recognize anything for the April comp until it starts, but that registration on PGL error is concerning. It's probably no help- but when you enter PGL is it under the correct region once you login?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I don't think the game will recognize anything for the April comp until it starts, but that registration on PGL error is concerning. It's probably no help- but when you enter PGL is it under the correct region once you login?

oh it certainly shows on my login PGL site that i "can" (the quotations are key LOL :( ) register for the april contest if i want to but i still cant register for the darn competition in the end. im gonna continue my vain attempts 1-3 times a day and hope they fix the damn thing. i hope that i get a reply from PGL/GF or who ever is in charge of support before i lose my chance to get the megas.

and yes that POL error is certainly concerning if it consistently hits me. im just hoping i can register for the future competition where i can get M-Gardevoir. hopefully they get this BS error under control.

sorry if this post comes off as a bit strong, im a bit salty that it wont let me register for the battles.

Last edited:

BCVM22

before i lose my chance to get the megas

The worst case scenario is that you end up waiting the few months and getting the Gardevoirite via public serial code later on. You won't be shut out of the Mega Stone permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.