• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Nintendo of America recently tweeted this: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/862428515152650240

There will be a Pokemon event at ToysRUs on May 13, 1-3PM.
The most interesting thing about this are the SM game demos... especially if we're just a month away from E3.

Also, yesterday, Serebii himself noticed something very interesting: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=236328972&postcount=1195
Not to be that guy but Nintendo US and Japan have completely purged the Pokémon Direct from February last year from their YouTube, including the Sun & Moon reveal trailer. UK still has it up though

NOA still has the X & Y one up.

We never had an enhanced version of X & Y that could muddle the message. Typically they remove videos when things like that could happen.

Does this indicate something? Maybe.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Either the most unthinkable thing happens and we're led to believe enhanced remakes for Alola and Kalos are the new trend breakers regarding new remakes...

...or we get Sinnoh remakes because Silvally...

...or we panic.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Either the most unthinkable thing happens and we're led to believe enhanced remakes for Alola and Kalos are the new trend breakers regarding new remakes...

...or we get Sinnoh remakes because Silvally...

...or we panic.

I dunno how true this is, but someone said that the official Pokemon twitter account posted a Bewear tweet several hours ago, but then deleted it.
Perhaps a warning. XD

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I can't really make since of any of this, but Agh! The tension's killing me! Come on, third version or sequels! :D

#ContinuationOfTrainerCustomization
#AylaNeedsHerFashions
#MaybeSeeFestivalPlazaAgainAlso

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I just want the so called Stars rumour to be confirmed or exposed.

I need something, anything! Sequel, prequel, remake, whatever!

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I mean, if we want to sleuth a little, the Japanese 3DS YouTube playlist was updated yesterday but no video has yet been published; the Japanese Nintendo Direct playlist has been updated (about 10 days ago) but the last video visible is from a month ago; and this is all in addition to Joe mentioning that they've purged the S&M Direct.

It's not a guarantee of, well, anything, but hey - there's a little bit of suspicion to be raised at these things. It really seems like digital preparation for some kind of announcement, having dealt with those in other entertainment streams myself.

Last edited:

AmethystLeslie

For the upcoming global mission, I have an idea.

In Melemele, near the entrance to Kala'e Bay from Seaward Cave, there's a fishing spot. It's really close to the entrance, so you can go in and out whenever you successfully fished up a pokemon when it's rippling.

Easy mode.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So long as if it has a real level grinding spot.

I'm not drugging my party with candies to reach level 100 and enjoy all this Hyper Training benefits.

I fatten mine up at the kitchens.

I agree though, Blissey Bases need to come back.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It really does feel like something is brewing. I hope we're not wrong and this just turns out to be another gap year, I really don't want to wait through another gap year so soon.

#ContinuationOfTrainerCustomization
#AylaNeedsHerFashions
#MaybeSeeFestivalPlazaAgainAlso

I just found this funny because those are quite literally some of the things that are on the bottom of my mind to worry about. We obviously have some very different priorities.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I just found this funny because those are quite literally some of the things that are on the bottom of my mind to worry about. We obviously have some very different priorities.

I'll admit that I'm a weirdo and I'm proud to be as such. XD

Please let us outfit our avatars with existing outfits used by other trainers. That's like a huge missed opportunity otherwise.

I want to be a Cynthia clone!

Meh, I personally find the idea to be a little bit of a waste of the customization feature, but i guess it would at least be kind of amusing.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Please let us outfit our avatars with existing outfits used by other trainers. That's like a huge missed opportunity otherwise.

I want to be a Cynthia clone!

I'd rather have pre-designed costumes than full-on customization, so I'm up for that idea. I'd love to dress as Lance so I can look the part of a Dragon Master.

I'll admit that I'm a weirdo and I'm proud to be as such. XD

If anything, I'm the weird one because I've never even touched either trainer customization or the Festival Plaza. Or perhaps we're both weirdos on the opposite extreme ends of the spectrum.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
If we're going to talk about customization, then I really hope that in the next few years we're able to take it to the extreme - more akin to the Elder Scrolls series or even further, with the obvious exception of changing species since that doesn't fit into the franchise.

Sun and Moon did an excellent job expanding customization and I'm satisfied with what we have, but they can always go further. Sure there's a lot of changes or modifications I'd like them to make to the games and I know that not all of them can happen, but this is a particularly important one for me.

I'd also like to one day be able to have more than one save file per cartridge or downloaded copy - I like to build a character and the way that these games restrict that doesn't help me, I'm not going to spend $40 for another file.

BCVM22

I'd also like to one day be able to have more than one save file per cartridge or downloaded copy - I like to build a character and the way that these games restrict that doesn't help me, I'm not going to spend $40 for another file.

But they want you to spend $40 for another file, and they kind of get the final say in the matter.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
If we're going to talk about customization, then I really hope that in the next few years we're able to take it to the extreme - more akin to the Elder Scrolls series or even further, with the obvious exception of changing species since that doesn't fit into the franchise.

Sun and Moon did an excellent job expanding customization and I'm satisfied with what we have, but they can always go further. Sure there's a lot of changes or modifications I'd like them to make to the games and I know that not all of them can happen, but this is a particularly important one for me.

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who hasn't once changed the clothes on his character in either X/Y and Sun/Moon and just uses the base hair, eyes, and skin, but I would be weary of customization such an extreme degree (or at least I'm assuming extreme, as I know nothing about Elder Scrolls). Maybe this is unfounded, but it always seems to me like when games introduce character customization, the more extreme it is, the less effort is put into designing the base character, which makes sense, as why would they put work into it, when people are just going to change the way it looks? In my opinion, the Alola playable characters are by far the blandest and most un-interesting in the franchise in regards to design. That being said, this is a trend I would like to see reversed, not made more extreme. Now if Game Freak could prove me wrong, and give us both an interesting-looking and well-designed base character design, but also include customization, that would of course be best, as everyone could be happy then.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I really hope they are DP remakes for the New 3DS, I don't want to buy a Switch. At least yet. Or if the Stars rumor is true, please make it cross platform on both New 3DS and Switch. I don't have money for both a New 3DS and a Switch this year. And if the new games will be Switch-exclusive, this will be the second time Nintendo ruins my shopping plans regarding their own products lmao

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
If there is a Pokemon game on the Switch, it will be interesting to see how they incorporate previous generations into it and how the 3DS will connect, if at all.

My ideal Pokemon game would be kinda like what Breath of the Wild is, open world so we could explore every region (Kanto to Alola) but we'll probably never see that.

Interesting to note that Nintendo of America and Japan have removed the Sun and Moon reveal trailer. Uk still has it.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I do not want Pokemon to go the way of BOTW. It's fine the way it is now.

Akashin

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who hasn't once changed the clothes on his character in either X/Y and Sun/Moon and just uses the base hair, eyes, and skin, but I would be weary of customization such an extreme degree (or at least I'm assuming extreme, as I know nothing about Elder Scrolls). Maybe this is unfounded, but it always seems to me like when games introduce character customization, the more extreme it is, the less effort is put into designing the base character, which makes sense, as why would they put work into it, when people are just going to change the way it looks? In my opinion, the Alola playable characters are by far the blandest and most un-interesting in the franchise in regards to design. That being said, this is a trend I would like to see reversed, not made more extreme. Now if Game Freak could prove me wrong, and give us both an interesting-looking and well-designed base character design, but also include customization, that would of course be best, as everyone could be happy then.

While I get where you're coming from and to an extent don't disagree with it, expanding on customization fits far better with the idea of making your character your own (which, as a player stand-in with no real self-defining traits, is the intention) than making their base design more distinctive. I'm the sort of person who plays Pokemon by treating my character as the canon character rather than an avatar, but an avatar is what they are ultimately meant to be. And if expanding on that means sacrificing some of the uniqueness of their base design, that's probably what we'll get.

I don't really think it's impossible to have both though, of course.

If there is a Pokemon game on the Switch, it will be interesting to see how they incorporate previous generations into it and how the 3DS will connect, if at all.

My ideal Pokemon game would be kinda like what Breath of the Wild is, open world so we could explore every region (Kanto to Alola) but we'll probably never see that.

I'd like open world to the extent of having a system where you could challenge a Region's Gyms in whatever order you like, with their strength and difficulty scaling based on how many you've already finished (basically each Gym would have eight possible setups based on which order you're doing them in). Much more than that, or offering full open world across various Regions, wouldn't really work for a mainline game. It barely (or didn't at all, depending who you ask) worked with scaling across two Regions in GSC/HGSS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.