• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I'm very disappointed about the battle videos as I saved mine as a means of saying I actually achieved something in these games; in that I actually beat Master Rank Battle Royale or beat the legends in the tree, something I thought I couldn't do; now they'll be gone. Sadly, nothing I can do about that.

I can see why some people are impatient about waiting for a new game. Unless you're into competitive battling, there's very little to do in Sun/Moon after completing the main storyline; you got UB sidequest and a new area of Poni and that's pretty much it, and those don't take that long to complete. Grinding is also a pain in the backside too. I do think we'll get something this year; like I mentioned earlier, I think that Necrozma page in CoroCoro is a possible hint. But there's no guarantee and it is possible they'll be nothing on the main series front, in which case, nothing we can really do.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I can see why some people are impatient about waiting for a new game. Unless you're into competitive battling, there's very little to do in Sun/Moon after completing the main storyline; you got UB sidequest and a new area of Poni and that's pretty much it, and those don't take that long to complete. Grinding is also a pain in the backside too. I do think we'll get something this year; like I mentioned earlier, I think that Necrozma page in CoroCoro is a possible hint. But there's no guarantee and it is possible they'll be nothing on the main series front, in which case, nothing we can really do.

Bingo. This is exactly why I was so hoping for a new game. Well, between that and all the hints that something was on the way. I sort of feel baited to be quite honest and it's a terrible feeling to have. I got myself a copy of Moon partly in the hopes that that would help the boredom but it's only done so much so far. I said before that 7th generation was becoming my favorite and it still is, but come on, I need something exciting to happen.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

This so much. Usually I don't have issues with the lack of post game because I enjoy the battle facilities and breeding but in SM I just can't get into it. The breeding is awful because there isn't anywhere good to hatch eggs without wearing out the joystick, levelling is way too tedious and takes far too long which means Hyper Training isn't an option, the Battle Tree just isn't fun for me without Triples and Rotation battles anymore, and the music tracks just don't appeal to me anywhere near as much as in previous games which made the Tree even more boring. SM were overall very disappointing for me which is a shame because I, like everyone else, was very excited for them.

I'm really hoping for DP remakes or a sequel to SM, or even a spinoff game would do for me. Preferably on the Switch as it has much better processing power than the 3DS.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Every video will become unplayable whether it be against AI or another player. It's a real shame and I don't even see why it happened. Hopefully it's temporary and they add this to their list of bugs they need to fix. I'm just glad I only have the 2 videos. And can probably save them in one video and transfer that to my laptop to save space on my phone.

thanks, thats a real shame GF did that but it shouldnt be surprising me given their moves they did in gen7. here's a brand new game to replace your dusty gen6 games, this is the best we have to offer and oh by the way we sorta removed a few popular/useful features. so yeah....... you just gotta get used to it as we have no plans to do retro upgrades to add it back into the game. (LOL, the movie "Office space" does come in handy at times)

so yeah, its a bit disappointing they're scrapping the vids we saved already as i saved around 30 vids to show funny/cool battles where i beat better teams. i got no choice but to get the upgrade, i need the online features for plaza and meaga stone collections. i do hope they correct this oversight later on but im not holding my breath on that.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
thanks, thats a real shame GF did that but it shouldnt be surprising me given their moves they did in gen7. here's a brand new game to replace your dusty gen6 games, this is the best we have to offer and oh by the way we sorta removed a few popular/useful features. so yeah....... you just gotta get used to it as we have no plans to do retro upgrades to add it back into the game. (LOL, the movie "Office space" does come in handy at times)

so yeah, its a bit disappointing they're scrapping the vids we saved already as i saved around 30 vids to show funny/cool battles where i beat better teams. i got no choice but to get the upgrade, i need the online features for plaza and meaga stone collections. i do hope they correct this oversight later on but im not holding my breath on that.

I won't be deleting my videos regardless of whether or not they fix them. I do have Sun (my main is Moon) which I haven't played yet so I might keep that on the un-updated version so I can view my videos that way instead. Not sure if that works though, although I could view my OR videos on my AS and vice versa so here's hoping it does work. I only need one game to play for the post-game anyway.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I won't be deleting my videos regardless of whether or not they fix them. I do have Sun (my main is Moon) which I haven't played yet so I might keep that on the un-updated version so I can view my videos that way instead. Not sure if that works though, although I could view my OR videos on my AS and vice versa so here's hoping it does work. I only need one game to play for the post-game anyway.

same here, i wont be deleting them either. i only have Sun as i dont see a point in getting moon at any point in time. i'll miss the battle vids but might save a few onto my camera and save then onto the pc before the update is done.

Satoshi & Touko

It involves a glitch when the in-game clock ticks over from the 31st of Jan to the 1st of Feb all activities in the Poke Pelago will be completed no matter their current progress. Think people have being taking advantage of said glitch by setting by Poke Pelago activities and saving, switching the 3DS clock to 23:59pm on 31st then going back to their game. If done correctly it allows people to quickly get through Poke Pelago activities since they tend to need a day to complete normally.

Oh right. I think I recall seeing a video about how to do that.

Well, then I'm kinda glad that it was patched. A good step in the direction of making sure game features are being used the way they're supposed to. :)

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I'm very disappointed about the battle videos as I saved mine as a means of saying I actually achieved something in these games; in that I actually beat Master Rank Battle Royale or beat the legends in the tree, something I thought I couldn't do; now they'll be gone. Sadly, nothing I can do about that.

I must be one of the few people that haven't beaten the game even once yet and I've had it since New Year (I blame Wonder Trading loads, Poké Pelago - no I didn't use that glitch, hatching eggs, enjoying Team Skull so much and *ahem* playing Pokémon Shuffle alongside). Still clocked up over 200 hours play time, ha! Basically I'm not ready for a new game any time soon.

Yeah, losing access to any saved videos is extremely dumb. I only have 2 though which are of my first victories in competition (the last one).

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don't mind the Battle Video recorded before the update not being able to be viewed. I rarely record any battles I have unless I pull off an amazing win out of nowhere which has only happened about three times during gen 6 and none this gen. I only do online competitions just for fun and the special gifts and am not too caught up with ranking high. I'm not really into competitive battles as I have my own unique battling style better suited for casual battles with friends and in the games.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Speaking off online competitions, registration has begun for May.

You get Tyranitarite, Abomasite and Manectite. Only one I'm stoked for is Mega Manectric really but it's nice to get an additional stone this time.

Pokemon Power

So uh, what ever happened to those three Mega Stones for the Hoenn starters that we were supposed to get for participating in last month's online tourney?

BCVM22

They decided not to distribute them because LOL TROLLFREAK STRIKES AGAIN

Hah, no, that's not what happened. Can you imagine? They simply haven't distributed the entry gift yet, is all. Watch the main site.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Lol, I forgot they were a prize.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don't think I even used more than half the Megas during gen 6. This includes the ORAS ones.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I've used like over 600 Z-moves, hardly any Megas.

Only Megas I have used were Lucario, Metagross, Gyarados and Sableye. I must have used each Z-Crystal at least 20 times except species specific ones

nel3

Crimson Dragon
ive hardly used any megas BC i saw no particular use for them as the better items ie life orb Lucario and i also havent really seen any wanted pkmn to use the other megas yet. as for Z moves thats a big fat 0 so far and into the far future. i avoid them and didnt even use the pikachu Z move in the demo. im just waiting for the right megas to start the evolutions. z moves really missed the mark as far as i see them.

it really does bother me that they dont let any megas in the online competitions. it would be much more fun if they even let "older" avaialble gen7 megas in the game. even the use of national dex in the competitions will be a welcome change.

Satoshi & Touko

I believe I used 1,314 Z-moves so far. That's what I remember it being the last time someone in my Festival Plaza said "Battle! Battle!" XD

Status
Not open for further replies.