• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm wondering if it is a sequel to the game like Black and White 2, or it happening in an alternate universe but rather following a Crystal to Gold and Silver. I'd very much like a sequel and an expanded version of Alola like how BW2 brought to the table.

My guess is on sequels, with Ultra Sun following Sun and Ultra Moon following Moon. It makes the most sense on why they'd even go with the same names. If you're going to tell a plot unrelated to that of the original Sun and Moon, why go with the same names? I hope we'll get some more trials. Finding Icium Z on the side of the road is just unrewarding and cheap, makes me feel like how Ash felt when he first got to Volkner's gym in Sinnoh in the anime.

Personally, I think sequels are better than a possible Stars version which, if it was following the trends of Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum, would still tell the same overall story with some changes here and there. A true sequel has more room to differ, surprise, and actually expand the universe.

Could be Z-move Mimikyu

I hope it is, Mimikyu's amazing. Maybe something based on Shadow Claw.

Last edited:

Exsception

Born Completionist
I would've preferred a Sinnoh remake, but I'll take whatever I can get as long as it doesn't require me to buy a Switch.

I guess that means Stars is out of the picture. Another Alola game in the same gen just isn't happening.

Bus

Here's my thought: This game will "complete" Alola.

As in, I thought Alola in S/M was kinda barren, with almost nothing memorable to do after the main adventure is completed. The Ultra Beast missions were interesting kind of, but once that's over, what's left other than the Battle Tree, which is kinda barren, and... I dunno, chucking Pyukumukus for cash?

Besides, no National Pokedex, no way to get non-native pokemon for Two or Three months after the game was released, hardly any pokemon from other regions in the first place, and most importantly a whole other alternate world that is barely even hinted at in-game? It did NOT feel complete, probably rushed to match with Pokemon's 20th anniversary.

Still a good game, but it didn't feel complete in any way.

Well, if its similar to Black 2/White 2 (not that I considered those incomplete by any means), then there will be a ton of pokemon from various regions everywhere. We may get more from older characters, too; like having Colress do something other than stare at you awkwardly while playing with his wrist-mounted computer, handing you a TM, then disappearing forever.

It'd definitely be nice if this involves Necrozma more in the plot or has us doing more within the Ultra Beast Dimension (maybe actually going there for the hunt and solving a puzzle to find them?). I am going to hold onto expectations as far as new pokemon go, though. Its more than likely just the new legendary forms (and probably one for Necrozma himself) with those other scenes likely just Z moves.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
It's possible this is the dimension of the Ultra Beast, it just happens to look surprisingly similar to Alola... Maybe the new Pokémon we'all encounter will be Ultra Beast and the ones from the previous titles will be far more common

Baggie_Saiyan

Here's my thought: This game will "complete" Alola.

As in, I thought Alola in S/M was kinda barren, with almost nothing memorable to do after the main adventure is completed. The Ultra Beast missions were interesting kind of, but once that's over, what's left other than the Battle Tree, which is kinda barren, and... I dunno, chucking Pyukumukus for cash?

Besides, no National Pokedex, no way to get non-native pokemon for Two or Three months after the game was released, hardly any pokemon from other regions in the first place, and most importantly a whole other alternate world that is barely even hinted at in-game? It did NOT feel complete, probably rushed to match with Pokemon's 20th anniversary.

Still a good game, but it didn't feel complete in any way.

I mean every other region is "barren" post game, don't understand this. For example, what is there left to do in Johto once you beat Lance? Nothing the story sends you to Kanto, and in that Kanto you literally do nothing but collect badges...

Bus

It's possible this is the dimension of the Ultra Beast, it just happens to look surprisingly similar to Alola... Maybe the new Pokémon we'all encounter will be Ultra Beast and the ones from the previous titles will be far more common

I got the feeling that the Ultra Beast dimension is radically different, so I don't know. I mean, wasn't it shown that those Ultra Beast, while practically Mythical Pokemon level in 'our' world, were just normal pokemon in the Ultra Beast Dimension? I mean, Nihlego was floating around in that place like it was the typical Tentacool of the area. Those WERE the 'common' pokemon for that dimension.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm just glad they're handling Necrozma in ITS generation instead of gen 8, similar to Zygarde for example....
Hope we actually get a National Dex this time

I would've preferred a Sinnoh remake, but I'll take whatever I can get as long as it doesn't require me to buy a Switch.

Ha, same here.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm just glad they're handling Necrozma in ITS generation instead of gen 8, similar to Zygarde for example....
Hope we actually get a National Dex this time

I agree! I'm surprisingly excited to see what Necrozma has to offer to the story. It's probably THE creature I thirst to see more of, but never really got...
They have the potential to go WILD with these games. In an alternate universe/timeline, anything is possible... What if the role and personnality of many important characters from Sun and Moon were to shift drastically ? What if Lillie and Gladion were switched ? What if Lusamine was good, or switched with Guzma ? What if Hau was a bit more arrogant or confident ? WHAT IF PROFESSOR KUKUI WORE A SHIRT ?

I'm hoping they surprise us a lot and compliment Sun and Moon to make Alola shine.

Ioneos

old geezer
Something interesting to think about: What if Colress is responsible for the Necrozma fusions, much like how he was responsible for the Kyurem fusions in Gen V

Akashin

I agree! I'm surprisingly excited to see what Necrozma has to offer to the story. It's probably THE creature I thirst to see more of, but never really got...
They have the potential to go WILD with these games. In an alternate universe/timeline, anything is possible... What if the role and personnality of many important characters from Sun and Moon were to shift drastically ? What if Lillie and Gladion were switched ? What if Lusamine was good, or switched with Guzma ? What if Hau was a bit more arrogant or confident ? WHAT IF PROFESSOR KUKUI WORE A SHIRT ?

I'm hoping they surprise us a lot and compliment Sun and Moon to make Alola shine.

This was literally the first AU possibility to cross my mind. The idea of Lillie with Type:Null and a chip on her shoulder while Gladion is your non-Trainer companion carrying Nebbie around really appeals to me.

Something interesting to think about: What if Colress is responsible for the Necrozma fusions, much like how he was responsible for the Kyurem fusions in Gen V

What? Colress had nothing to do with the Kyurem fusions. The DNA Splicers already existed and were in the hands of Drayden.

Colress' goal is bringing out the true strength of Pokemon, and he already seems to believe that he's found that with Z-Moves. I can't see what the union of Necrozma and Solgaleo/Lunala would have to do with that.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
WHAT IF PROFESSOR KUKUI WORE A SHIRT ?

NO. Kukui must never wear a shirt ever! Let me keep my glorious fanservice of a hot guy without a shirt on! The guy's so hot he's not even wearing a shirt in the snow!

Edit: Sorry mods, started posting before you added the previous post.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
just how problematic is the battle cafe in gen7 to level up the pkmn? i cant really bother to repeat 9 turns several times in a day, it gets so tedious and i dont see its worth the effort ATM.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't think it is worth the effort, I prefer going through the Elite Four over and over again, pokémon are higher level there.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I barely use the thing

I normally train on Poni Island, quicker. Don't like the dragged out cutscenes of the E4.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I barely use the thing

I normally train on Poni Island, quicker. Don't like the dragged out cutscenes of the E4.

I don't think it is worth the effort, I prefer going through the Elite Four over and over again, pokémon are higher level there.

thanks, so i see im not the only one there with that opinion. the EXP from the cafe is too little and restricted to be of any use. ive beaten the elite 4 around 30x so far but its only 30% of my level up area, poni island is the remaining 70% where i level up. the battle cafe is a better area to get free money if anything. the elite 4 are great for the money factor, an easy +200K per playthru with luck incense/amulet and happy hour :).

i honestly wish they had put something very similar to the pkmn X battle restaurants. i took a 4IV meowstic yesterday thru 4 triple battles with lucky egg and lvl3 O EXP power from lvl 66 to LVL 97. im just gonna do 2 more rounds like that now to bump it up to lvl 100.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I think this part of the forum is about to become very dead...

Well, we are almost at the second target for the current Global Mission! :D My current contribution is 154.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Well, we are almost at the second target for the current Global Mission! :D My current contribution is 146.

I forgot we have a currently ongoing Global Mission lmao

I already joined and got a few catches a few days ago, but then I completely forgot about it.

So today I was looking at a Nintendo catalogue that came with one of my brother's magazines. It was definitely released after March 2017 because it is advertising the Switch as already out. I took a look at the Pokemon Sun and Moon page, and I spotted something interesting:

[imgsize=350]http://i.imgur.com/Etx20QS.jpg[/imgsize]

Look at that image. In there, the main characters are still being referred to as Elio and Selene. Do you think this means that those names are their actual official names?

Status
Not open for further replies.