• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
is anyone here interested in the new no holds barred tourney? i did the other tourneys for the mega stones though i only wanted a few select ones. i honestly dont know if i'll join this new tourney as there is nothing special about it aside from the fact only a few barred legendary pkmn are banned. even the 50 BP award isnt that much compared to the gains from free PKbank BP awards. i might join the tourney for the simple reason that its a guaranteed 45 battles of 6v6 as compared to meager/sparse challengers while in the plaza grounds (not battle spot). though, once the no hold barred rules are available in battle spot then its likely to be slightly improved odds for easier 6v6 battles.

I'm not bothering with it. Without the restrictions on items and Pokemon I can see everyone bringing the most overpowered stuff they have and I don't have anything that can deal with that. I don't like using standard Pokemon and I certainly don't like facing them. I find it really boring. I don't like online battling anyway and 6v6 is far too much for me unless I'm playing against friends. If it was Mega Stone rewards or something decent like unavailable HA Pokemon I may have entered but definitely not for 50BP. I can easily farm that in a few hours myself anyway.

DHooley87

Hi, I'm new to link trading and want to ask a few questions about it.
If I get a met online person to agree to do link trading with me how am I to assure we end up having access to eachothers festival plazas? Friend code right?
If that's true, would using the friend code bring them to my FP, allowing me to vip them?

Bonus question
Do people generally value shinies highly enough to merit trading away their rare/event mons?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
is anyone here interested in the new no holds barred tourney? i did the other tourneys for the mega stones though i only wanted a few select ones. i honestly dont know if i'll join this new tourney as there is nothing special about it aside from the fact only a few barred legendary pkmn are banned. even the 50 BP award isnt that much compared to the gains from free PKbank BP awards. i might join the tourney for the simple reason that its a guaranteed 45 battles of 6v6 as compared to meager/sparse challengers while in the plaza grounds (not battle spot). though, once the no hold barred rules are available in battle spot then its likely to be slightly improved odds for easier 6v6 battles.

I'm not. I'm boycotting it as I consider it an unfair competition and a shame of GameFreak to host such a thing. It's discrimination to allow Marshadow in it while only Japan gets Marshadow, especially considering Marshadow is going to be one of the most powerful things legal in the tournament and one of the very few checks to Coil Zygarde (especially with the Kyurem fusions banned). It's putting people from other countries at a disadvantage for no reason other than because they happen to live in a different country. GameFreak has always done that with events, heck, here in the Netherlands Celebi wasn't distributed until gen 6, but that never mattered as long as they were banned in competitions anyway. With the speed of the internet these days and the ease of distributing things, I think it's just very sad of GameFreak to still stick to discrimination like that in 2017.

Hi, I'm new to link trading and want to ask a few questions about it.
If I get a met online person to agree to do link trading with me how am I to assure we end up having access to eachothers festival plazas? Friend code right?
If that's true, would using the friend code bring them to my FP, allowing me to vip them?

Bonus question
Do people generally value shinies highly enough to merit trading away their rare/event mons?

You add each other through the friend system on the 3DS with your friend codes, and then in-game on the Festival plaza they will be marked as a friend in the guest list. Once you're both online at festival plaza, just use the Link Trade button and select the other person in the list to send the trade request. Don't bother with whose sprites spawn visibly in the plaza, that's just random. Some of them aren't even real players and there's no guarantee the other person spawns visibly. If you want to VIP them, you can page them when they're online and VIP them when they spawn inside the castle.

As for the shinies, it just depends. Some people do, some people don't, for some it depends on the shiny and whether or not it's competitive. Remember that a lot is hacked or cloned out there, and some people care about shinies and others don't. I personally don't really care too much about them.

Last edited:

04n70n10

I'm not. I'm boycotting it as I consider it an unfair competition and a shame of GameFreak to host such a thing. It's discrimination to allow Marshadow in it while only Japan gets Marshadow, especially considering Marshadow is going to be one of the most powerful things legal in the tournament and one of the very few checks to Coil Zygarde (especially with the Kyurem fusions banned). It's putting people from other countries at a disadvantage for no reason other than because they happen to live in a different country. GameFreak has always done that with events, heck, here in the Netherlands Celebi wasn't distributed until gen 6, but that never mattered as long as they were banned in competitions anyway. With the speed of the internet these days and the ease of distributing things, I think it's just very sad of GameFreak to still stick to discrimination like that in 2017.

I live in Europe like you, so for the event distribution i agree but it's to blame TPC and in particular TPCi (The Pokémon Company international, a subsidiary of TPC), not Game Freak, for the event distrimination.
For many things TCPi is really bland compared to TPC (this last one operates in Japan and in many asian contries)

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu

Wow, are they really going to allow something like that? That's beyond ridiculous and unfair. I never really had an interest in online battles but this kind of treatment bugs me as well. But well I couldn't expect anything better from TCPi...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's ridiculous alright....
First three battles? All against Japanese players, 2 of those three had Marshadow. That's enough battling for me, so unfair.... a Pokemon in ONE country and NOWHERE else being allowed to compete is just ridiculous. Those of us elsewhere won't be getting Marshadow until after Ultra SM is out!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I actually forgot all about the tournament but yeah I agree that the tournament rule allowing Japanese players to use Marshadow is unfair. I mainly stopped doing the tournaments because I kept losing battles that I should have won but didn't because of a status condition and stalling. I don't mind stalling because I know it's a strategy other players like to lose but when the opponent's down to their last Pokémon and is in the red zone and stupid Paralysis makes your current Pokémon not be able to move two or three turns in a row is frustrating especially if it always seems to happen to you.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Marshadow should have been banned. It may not have the stats of some event legendaries like Arceus (who was banned) but when only one country has easy access to it, it automatically puts them at an advantage over those who can't get it without having to trade or hack for it. How it being allowed was even considered is baffling to me. Nice way to alienate players, GF/TCPi.

TCPi are shocking with their distributions. While Japanese players get things like Shiny Jirachi and Marshadow we get complete trash like Lycanroc-Midnight and Salazzle which we can easily get in game and with much better stats. They may have given us the 20th anniversary events which Japan didn't get, but all of those Pokemon were available to Japanese players through other means so we aren't exactly getting anything special. Our Victini didn't even have V-Create, the only event Victini to not have the move (outside of the Liberty Island one). Who's bright idea was that?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh, look. Marshadow is being given to us at last.

...After the last competition that allowed it and Japanese players had it before we had a chance.

Well, there's no reason to keep participating in competitions now that all Mega Stones are going to be readily available.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I wonder if I'll get Marshadow. 'Select retailers in Europe' doesn't sound very promising, I'm not going to go to another country just for the sake of a pokémon, and makes me wonder why they don't just distribute it over the internet like they did with Shiny Tapu Koko. It's *insert profanity here* like this that's so hindering to event availability and I just don't understand why they're still so ancient at TPCi in these distributions. It's 2017, more people have internet in Europe than people have a 'Select retailer' in their hometown. Why does it need to take months to just distribute some pokémon over the internet?

And Mega Melee competition is coming up. I'm personally not interested. I think it's a weird idea and 1v1 is also just stupid, it makes it more about just being lucky with picking the right pokémon which happens to have a favourable match-up against your opponent's choice, making it more into a rock-paper-scissors kind of thing than anything else, especially with the limited number of viable pokémon in this competition.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'm getting Marshadow mainly because I want to get as many of the event Pokémon giveaways as I can whether they are just regular Pokémon you could get in game such as the GameStop Midnight Lycanroc or Shiny Tapu Koko. I just like receiving any promotion that is happening for the games as I missed out on a lot of the ones for Gens 1-4 because the distributions weren't released in my area and/or I didn't have the game or system to get them. I'd love to have the Arceus that unlocked the Dragon trio in HGSS or Draco Meteor Jirachi.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Oh, look. Marshadow is being given to us at last.

...After the last competition that allowed it and Japanese players had it before we had a chance.

Well, there's no reason to keep participating in competitions now that all Mega Stones are going to be readily available.

i wasnt too excited to do the no holds barred tourney but i was thinking to register for it. in the end i forgot to register and shrugged it off, even this mega tourney coming along isnt that interesting (mostly due to 1 VS 1). i dont know if i'll join any others but ive also stopped the tourneys after the mega stones were released.

i do wish they would still host 1-2 more global missions but thats not likely at this point. it would give me a reason to do more plaza functions aside from good plaza luck readings and WT'in all the spare pkmn i have in PKbank.

Last edited:

windwakemeup

Bee Prince

Were people from other countries not allowed to use the Japanese event one? I missed the deadline but was planning on entering with my Japanese marshadow that I had a friend obtain and RNG for me.

Akashin

Were people from other countries not allowed to use the Japanese event one? I missed the deadline but was planning on entering with my Japanese marshadow that I had a friend obtain and RNG for me.

There shouldn't be any reason why you can't. But you having a means of circumventing the situation doesn't change the fact that it's only been officially released and is thus only truly available to one part of the world, giving players from there an unfair advantage.

LaironBlack

Evil Force
Marshadow should have been banned. It may not have the stats of some event legendaries like Arceus (who was banned) but when only one country has easy access to it, it automatically puts them at an advantage over those who can't get it without having to trade or hack for it. How it being allowed was even considered is baffling to me. Nice way to alienate players, GF/TCPi.

TCPi are shocking with their distributions. While Japanese players get things like Shiny Jirachi and Marshadow we get complete trash like Lycanroc-Midnight and Salazzle which we can easily get in game and with much better stats. They may have given us the 20th anniversary events which Japan didn't get, but all of those Pokemon were available to Japanese players through other means so we aren't exactly getting anything special. Our Victini didn't even have V-Create, the only event Victini to not have the move (outside of the Liberty Island one). Who's bright idea was that?
Country-exclusives being allowed is troublesome, especially if the distribution is as uneven as you mention. Lycanroc-Midnight could be done without, perhaps!

Akashin

Pissed that I will not be able to get a legal Marshadow. They should've made it online distribution.

Initial distributions of event Legendaries have been store distributions for years; I'd have been surprised if Marshadow wasn't. This isn't anything new, unfortunately.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Well I thought Marshadow would be a QR Code like Magearna and we could have multiples of it in Poké Bank after scanning the code in every new game we started. I have four Magearna this way.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Excuse me, fellas. I have a question I like to ask of you. Can this Ash pikachu learn Electro Ball? Because I like to get the one from either Sinnoh or Kalos. I like Sinnoh because of Ash's growth, its pokemon, its region,and Cynthia. I Iike Kalos because of Serena, her crush on Ash is real, his Kalos friends, including Clemont, the nice and smart version of Misty, and Bonnie , who is like the mini-Brock,and Ash's growth as his maturity increases thanks to Serena's influence.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Excuse me, fellas. I have a question I like to ask of you. Can this Ash pikachu learn Electro Ball? Because I like to get the one from either Sinnoh or Kalos. I like Sinnoh because of Ash's growth, its pokemon, its region,and Cynthia. I Iike Kalos because of Serena, her crush on Ash is real, his Kalos friends, including Clemont, the nice and smart version of Misty, and Bonnie , who is like the mini-Brock,and Ash's growth as his maturity increases thanks to Serena's influence.

I mean, some come with electro ball, but the moves they learn on leveling up should be exactly the same. So, yeah, the others should be able to learn it too, if they're high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.