• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Um, not sure if this is the place to post this... Anyway, if it's possible, I would like one European Marshadow code, since I won't be able to get one at all. If anyone of you happens to obtain an extra, please send it to me via PM. Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Um, not sure if this is the place to post this... Anyway, if it's possible, I would like one European Marshadow code, since I won't be able to get one at all. If anyone of you happens to obtain an extra, please send it to me via PM. Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience.

I've got a bit of the same problem. The distribution is awful, I don't think I'll be able to get Marshadow at all, it's only available for like 2 days in a single location in my country.

Edit: Turns out it's also going to get distributed at Intertoys and GameMania in the Netherlands, but only one code per person.

Last edited:

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Reading all those Marshadow related posts on the last page, I'm also peeved that Marshadow isn't distributed through QR code like Magearna... like why use this technology to distribute only one Pokemon with it and with the rest we fall behind for a generation and start running after codes again?

Sceptile Leaf Blade said:
Edit: Turns out it's also going to get distributed at Intertoys and GameMania in the Netherlands, but only one code per person.
Sometimes complaining at the salesperson helps them bend from the 1 code per customer rule though (worked when they tried that with Pokemon 20 event), but generally if people won't be able to give out extras due to their stupid rule, it's gonna suck.

Requiem Aeternam said:
TCPi are shocking with their distributions. While Japanese players get things like Shiny Jirachi and Marshadow we get complete trash like Lycanroc-Midnight and Salazzle which we can easily get in game and with much better stats. They may have given us the 20th anniversary events which Japan didn't get, but all of those Pokemon were available to Japanese players through other means so we aren't exactly getting anything special. Our Victini didn't even have V-Create, the only event Victini to not have the move (outside of the Liberty Island one). Who's bright idea was that?
I've been quietly accepting this for many years but gonna agree it's still unfair. The hierarchy seems to be this: Japan > the US > Europe.
Can't be arsed to care too much whether it's GF, TPCi or our local retailers which ultimately make these daft decisions though but they should realise event Pokemon monopoly isn't gonna bring them happy customers even if some would be tempted to buy other games while at the shops. Long term an unhappy customer is a lost (or hacking) customer... however can they be expected to care as long as they beat their competitors?

Kangaflora

^Please don't get me started on Marshadow! No one, not even Serebii, has posted which GAME stores are participating, and I can't get a Marshadow until I know which one are giving it out. Marshadow is the biggest disappointment in terms of gaming sites giving out information.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Sometimes complaining at the salesperson helps them bend from the 1 code per customer rule though (worked when they tried that with Pokemon 20 event), but generally if people won't be able to give out extras due to their stupid rule, it's gonna suck.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that at Game Mania. Game Mania has a Nintendo Zone, you basically bring your 3DS there and turn it on. It'll automatically say you're in a Nintendo Zone, and when you open that up it automatically goes to the Marshadow distribution. You get the download code through the 3DS, but it's hardwired to a single code per 3DS.

^Please don't get me started on Marshadow! No one, not even Serebii, has posted which GAME stores are participating, and I can't get a Marshadow until I know which one are giving it out. Marshadow is the biggest disappointment in terms of gaming sites giving out information.

There was a news post a few days ago on Serebii which listed which stores are participating in which countries, at least for the European distribution. Other than that, googling Marshadow with your country might also give some results.

Last edited:

Alex048

Master of the Mind
Hey, I recently started getting back into Pokemon. I played X & Y as well as the Hoenn remakes, but was turned off by the pre-release hype of Sun and Moon. I thought it was a deviation from what I thought Pokemon was. I'm just looking for a couple of opinions from those that have played it before I jump back in. Is it still Pokemon? Is it any good?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Hey, I recently started getting back into Pokemon. I played X & Y as well as the Hoenn remakes, but was turned off by the pre-release hype of Sun and Moon. I thought it was a deviation from what I thought Pokemon was. I'm just looking for a couple of opinions from those that have played it before I jump back in. Is it still Pokemon? Is it any good?

It's definitely still Pokemon. The franchise just decided to try a few new things for this generation. I actually think things aren't quite different enough. I mean, you still battle random trainers along the routes, you still have to take down an evil team, you still have to try and fill up the Pokedex, you still have to encounter/catch the box Legendary Pokemon, you still have to catch and raise your own Pokemon team, and Kahuna battles are basically gym battles under a different name (since you're still battling a particularly strong trainer who is more or less an authority in the region and upon beating them, you get a "badge" and you increase the level in which traded Pokemon will listen to you).

Pokemon is always Pokemon no matter how much it changes. I suggest you try it and see for yourself.

TipptheRipper

Hoenn Champion

Why not download the demo first? It'll at least show you some of the different features of the game. That, or peruse some videos on YouTube. The latter is often my first choice when attempting to learn about a game I have yet to play.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

im not a big fan of gen7, ive lost most of my interest in it at this point. they did improve various things from previous gens in a very good way but they made other things harder to get/left out ie certain berries. forget the roller skates/bike, national dex or D pad, those have been changed/removed. i did get into the gen7 hype to an extent but it didnt last long. USUM hype is non-existent for me, i'll see what there is in the new games before i consider a new game.

its still a pokemon game but its rather different in many ways. whether the changes are to your liking or not is up to your judgement.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I don't think anybody can really give you a clear answer on that as it will ultimately come down to your personal opinion. For me they became my favorite Pokémon games yet and felt more like what Pokémon should be, as they try harder to make the creatures feel like actual living beings. My only complaints would be that there isn't enough postgame and that they could have actually used even a little more change.

You might however entirely disagree when you actually play them, so I guess the only thing you can really do is give them a try!

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Oh my freaking god I just realized I can chain my 135/135 heart gold moon ball female collection to all the breedable egg groups and make a moonball living dex. I HAVE SO MUCH WORK TO DO!!!!! i pretty much just need the genderless natures!!!

although not having a national dex reaaaally turned me off from the game it's looking like the ultra sun and moon will have a true national dex although it's still just speculation. I recently came back after a year break from my3DS and there is a lot to do if you like collecting. they've made huge improvements on breeding so now I'm working on my moonball living dex starting from 136/750 or whatever i need left. HM's are gone for the better imo. i could care less about the festival plaza but unfortunately if you like to powerlevel or hyper train your pokemon it is necessary. so yea its a mixed bag for me since no national dex and i have to play festival plaza to stay competitive but there is enough to make me want to play alot lately.

Last edited:

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that at Game Mania. Game Mania has a Nintendo Zone, you basically bring your 3DS there and turn it on. It'll automatically say you're in a Nintendo Zone, and when you open that up it automatically goes to the Marshadow distribution. You get the download code through the 3DS, but it's hardwired to a single code per 3DS.
Okay so that's the way with Nintendo Zone. That's just ridiculous system.

I'm happy to have stumbled on the news on social media where to go for Marshadow code but ffs the information spreading is almost as bad as it was with Volcanion. Missed out on that event completely due to receiving the news when the distribution was almost over.

@Alex048
I found Alola generally refreshing, seeing gym leaders replaced with Kahunas, new Pokemon to experiment with and the mystery that revolved around UB's, technically it's still Pokemon but the story was still... somehow felt rushed and unfinished which I hope being improved in USUM. Didn't feel like an adventure due to everything made newbie-friendly tho. But you may experience it differently. I'm gonna second on TipptheRipper's advice.

Last edited:

Buuz

Smash Trainer
As i'm getting UM next month and shiny Umbreon is one of my favourite shinies, i thought it would be a cool idea to get a shiny Umbreon for my first playthrough. Now that i have an English female Eevee and Italian male Eevee in the nursery, as well as an Oval Charm and Shiny Charm, what are my chances of the baby being a shiny? Working that out is a bit too confusing for me. So far, i've hatched between 200 and 300 eggs but no luck. I just release the babies and try again hoping the silver Eevee arrives before UM's release.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Just a question regarding the 3DS releases of Pokémon Silver and Gold: it is said that we will get a code for a Celebi to transfer to our Sun/Moon games (or the upcoming USUM ones), but how are we going to receive it if purchase the games in retail?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Just a question regarding the 3DS releases of Pokémon Silver and Gold: it is said that we will get a code for a Celebi to transfer to our Sun/Moon games (or the upcoming USUM ones), but how are we going to receive it if purchase the games in retail?
I've been wondering that myself.

BCVM22

The retail versions are nothing more than a download code inside of a retail box. From there, the process is identical to buying it digitally - it goes through the eShop regardless and you're still given the all-important receipt.

The only difference is where you've spent your money.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
As i'm getting UM next month and shiny Umbreon is one of my favourite shinies, i thought it would be a cool idea to get a shiny Umbreon for my first playthrough. Now that i have an English female Eevee and Italian male Eevee in the nursery, as well as an Oval Charm and Shiny Charm, what are my chances of the baby being a shiny? Working that out is a bit too confusing for me. So far, i've hatched between 200 and 300 eggs but no luck. I just release the babies and try again hoping the silver Eevee arrives before UM's release.

Should be 1 in 512 chance if you use different language parents with Shiny Charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.