• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Lot of promos coming down the pipe all at once, lot of promos...

where the eff were these things during the middle of Gen VI?! Really would have liked some of those killer ones Japan got like V-Create Ray and the trillions of festival Jirachis!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Maybe it is safe to say that the West is FINALLY getting worthwhile stuff with Shiny Silvally out soon. Shiny Tapu Koko proves it even more.

Lot of promos coming down the pipe all at once, lot of promos...

where the eff were these things during the middle of Gen VI?! Really would have liked some of those killer ones Japan got like V-Create Ray and the trillions of festival Jirachis!

Japan has Pokemon very much integrated into their culture that they get a Jirachi almost every year (and all that useless anime tie-in codes (FEAR MY IRIS'S AXEW)). Sadly, the West doesn't even have a Pikachu parade or something.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I’m just sayin they could have thrown us a bone here and there! There was a freaking desert for many months between middle XY and 3/4 ORAS, and then we got a new mythical every four weeks until S/M. S/M has actually been fairly regular with promos, thank the Ultra Beasts! (Smogon Giveaways have also been stellar!)

And yes I’m well aware of Poké Center giveaways in Japan and Tanabata Festival Jirachi and what it’s for. I can still be salty.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Has anyone noticed Certain items and pokemon disappearing from your games. Ive had items and event pokemon disaaper from my game... :/

In the case of items it could just that you had impression that you had the item but you actually never did thus it "disappear". Happened to me a couple of weeks ago...

In the case of the Pokémon, maybe you misplaced it in a far off box you don't use?

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
just finished moon after having completed sun (and i'm halfway through ultra moon ) and let me just say:
please, nintendo gods, if you're listening, let us skip cutscenes in the next games SOMEHOW. when you make your game have a cutscene in virtually every single area in every single island PLEASE give us an option to skip it in case this isn't our first time playing the game.
better yet: don't make five minute unskippable cutscenes followed by forced battles after you beat the elite four and don't give the player a chance to save/play the game for a solid 10-15 minutes after they beat it. i'm only playing moon rn for the exclusives because the mind-numbingly long and repetitive cutscenes broke my spirit for the game halfway through. I say this as i furiously tap through the now 17 minute long lasting cutscene after the e4 (and i just one shot the tapu because i didn't want to waste another 30 mins trying to catch it with my battle team) b

functionally though, it's one of my favorites. I don't see how they can make the mechanics all that better, just tone down the unnecessarily long and bad story and perhaps make the world feel more substantial. If you told me S/M had the same ultimately sized map as, say, B2/W2, I wouldn't really be surprised, but i would find it hard to believe because everything in s/m just feels so compact and oversaturated.

M.E.R.255

Triangle Face
just finished moon after having completed sun (and i'm halfway through ultra moon ) and let me just say:
please, nintendo gods, if you're listening, let us skip cutscenes in the next games SOMEHOW. when you make your game have a cutscene in virtually every single area in every single island PLEASE give us an option to skip it in case this isn't our first time playing the game.
better yet: don't make five minute unskippable cutscenes followed by forced battles after you beat the elite four and don't give the player a chance to save/play the game for a solid 10-15 minutes after they beat it. i'm only playing moon rn for the exclusives because the mind-numbingly long and repetitive cutscenes broke my spirit for the game halfway through. I say this as i furiously tap through the now 17 minute long lasting cutscene after the e4 (and i just one shot the tapu because i didn't want to waste another 30 mins trying to catch it with my battle team) b

functionally though, it's one of my favorites. I don't see how they can make the mechanics all that better, just tone down the unnecessarily long and bad story and perhaps make the world feel more substantial. If you told me S/M had the same ultimately sized map as, say, B2/W2, I wouldn't really be surprised, but i would find it hard to believe because everything in s/m just feels so compact and oversaturated.

OMG the cutscenes!!! I so agree with you on this one! I played Pokemon Moon from start to finish, in the hopes that the cutscenes would become lesser once I'd get past an island or two, but they never stopped! I felt like the game was putting me through an island tour, rather than allow me to explore freely myself! And the ending... wow... It broke me, hard. I actually was more angry playing this game than Dark Souls II, and that game is supposed to frustrate you!

Sigh... what also bothered me so much was that I saw so much potential in this game and genuinely enjoyed some parts... but it aggravated me how so much of that potential was lost. =(
I actually thought Team Skull were the good guys and was begging the game to let me join them! XD I mean, it felt like to me that these Alolan people were relying too much on these guardians and were neglecting their duties (acting laid back, the police being pitiful) and that perhaps Team Skull was just trying to wake these guys up and stand up for themselves, you know? ^^

The only part that I truly enjoyed was the part AFTER beating the game, because I could roam around freely, without cutscenes and forcing you into completing other tasks first, but it was just too late...
Even though I pretty much bought every Pokemon edition, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are two games I won't get, just because of how much Pokémon Moon infuriated me. ._. I'm sorry to those that really enjoyed those games, but I'm just not seeing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.