• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

Hau's encounter theme is literally my favorite rival encounter theme in the entire series. So cheery and full of whimsy and is the perfect compliment to his battle theme.

One of the most underrated themes on the whole track is the trainer school theme. I hear barely anyone going on about it, yet it's got a really jazzy tune that can get me bopping to it.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
My favourite tracks are pretty much shared with most others, being the Team Skull Theme, Guzma's Battle Music, and Gladion's Encounter and Battle Music. I also liked the Aether Foundation battle theme and Blue's theme. But the one which unexpectedly stood out for me was the Vast Poni Canyon music. This track. I don't know why I like it, since I'm usually into high energy music more, but all of the elements of this theme makes it my favourite location music. I think it might be the percussive backing or the high wind melody (it might be a piccolo) or the mellow guitar; I have no idea. But I just really like the Vast Poni Canyon track a lot.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Favourite themes from the game so far are the Trainer Battle theme, Team Skull Battle, Totem Pokémon Battle and Melemele Meadow/Wela Volcano Park (list is still quite short since I am only at the second island at the moment). Still wished the game had a "Jukebox" feature that lets you listen to said themes at will without resorting to using YouTube or purchasing the Music Collection from iTunes.

Last edited:

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Is anyone else also a really big fan of the Seafolk Village music? Especially the day variation and it's segment that start with the flute. The music and scenery combined really make this my favorite location in any pokemon game yet. Route 2 also has a really nice flute part.

Malie city's music is great too, as well as Konikoni's night theme.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
Is anyone else also a really big fan of the Seafolk Village music? Especially the day variation and it's segment that start with the flute. The music and scenery combined really make this my favorite location in any pokemon game yet. Route 2 also has a really nice flute part.

I 100% agree, Seafolk Village and Malie City are two of my absolute favorite tracks in the entire game. Makes me happy 30-minute cuts exist on YouTube. :p

Xuxuba

I wish they had used more hawaiian musical instruments, such as the ukelele.

Also, i wish it had more vocals on the songs, singing on the hawaiian language.

It would've made Alola feel more like a Hawaii-based region.

hkgary

From leaked Pokemon Moon Credits:

SOUND SECTION DIRECTOR
Go Ichinose

MUSIC
Minako Adachi
Go Ichinose
Junichi Masuda

Hitomi Sato
Tomoaki Oga
Hideaki Kuroda

When I post this on Day 1, I have a question why 6 composers are presented by 3 and 3 with space between.
Today I just get the Japanese CD with booklet, I get the answer with sad...

Hitomi Sato confirmed was left Game Freak

Attachments

• 20161205_200025.jpg
    20161205_200025.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Tropios

I wish they had used more hawaiian musical instruments, such as the ukelele.

Also, i wish it had more vocals on the songs, singing on the hawaiian language.

It would've made Alola feel more like a Hawaii-based region.

There are a lot of tracks with ukelele and other instruments usually related with tropical islands though. Almost every track on Melemele involves an ukelele I believe.

Agree on the vocals though, only the Alola form evolution, Welcome to Alola and Guardian battle themes used them. Would have preferred that first one as the standard evolution theme.

BlitzGirl41

Last night, I purchased the soundtrack off of iTunes, and I don't regret it! :)

But I will agree that I wish there was more ukulele and so forth. Not a big fan of the "jazzy" night themes, feels like it doesn't match with the region. Though I do also like Malie City, with the Japanese inspiration. Overall, though, I would say that this game has a much more memorable soundtrack than previous gens. Still would love to have a completely remastered soundtrack of Gold/Silver songs, as that is also one of my favorites.

Now I can listen to songs such as Hau'oli City on repeat while at work! :D

Flame Mistress

When I post this on Day 1, I have a question why 6 composers are presented by 3 and 3 with space between.
Today I just get the Japanese CD with booklet, I get the answer with sad...

Hitomi Sato confirmed was left Game Freak

Wait, seriously? Hitomi Sato was my favourite out of all the Pokémon composers... Damn. If what the booklet implies is true, I'm very sad to see her go.

Yep, I quite like it, though I prefer the night theme. It feels more melancholy, sure, but I think it fits one of the final areas of the game.

BlitzGirl41

One thing I have to give to S/M's music is that there are far more themes being re-used throughout the game. Most notable example in my mind is Melemele Island - the same theme can be heard in Hau'oli City, Iki Town, and Route 1. Then you have two versions of the Tapu theme - one for the ruins, the other for the battle. There are many more examples of themes actually being re-used and re-mixed, but I can't recall them all. That's something that helps give the game a better cohesive feel, even if some aspects of the world/story could have been built up a little more, IMO.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i can't get enough of malie city's night theme wow. also it's always nice to walk around hau'oli city during the day. makes me wanna go around and talk to everyone: "alola!", "lookin good!", "howzit?"

although my favorite theme in this game is definitely the alola region theme. really gives off the feeling of having an adventure in a whole new world. love minako adachi xD

mystic9899

Pokemon fan

i'm a huge fan of the night version of seafolk village. day version is pretty good as well.

Tropios

i'm a huge fan of the night version of seafolk village. day version is pretty good as well.

The night theme is really good as well, but the part I like most is a lot softer and downplayed in that version. :p

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Here's my thoughts on the new battle themes:
[spoil]
Trainer Battle: Very good and catchy, loved it when I heard it in the first big Pokemon drop at the end of June. 8/10
Wild Battle: It's alright, could be better but it isn't bad. I don't really mind it. 6/10
Hau Battle: Love this one, super catchy and fitting for Hau, when I first heard it during the E3 demo I didn't necessarily like it, but that was only because we could hear so much of it, when they showcased it with the version exclusive reveal, I really liked it. 8/10
Team Skull Grunt Battle: A very good and fitting evil team theme this time around, I enjoy it more than Guzma's theme actually. 7/10
Totem Battle: Better than the wild battle theme, and works for the intensity of the Totem fights. 7/10
Kahuna Battle: Love how it feels intense then moves on to a playful and cheery tone. Works very well for the Kahuna battles. 8/10
Gladion Battle: One of my favorites. Works for Gladion and I love it when the themes have this BW soundtrack feel. 9/10
Plumeria Battle: It's enjoyable like the grunt theme, but I feel the grunt theme is still superior. 6/10
Guzma Theme: I don't like it, I don't think it fits Guzma's personality and behavior, I feel it should be a little more energetic and intimidating. 4/10
Aether Foundation Employee Theme: Enjoyable but forgettable. 5/10
Lusamine Theme: Amazing. Fitting for how eerie and evil Lusamine is and it also ties in her beauty and if you listen carefully it has a little Colosseum reference. 9/10
Mother Beast Theme: I feel it fits very well for the encounter, but I like the other version a lot more. 7/10
Solgaleo/Lunala/Necrozma Theme: I really like this theme, but I think there could've been a little more to it, love the XY legendary theme reference in there though. 8/10
Elite Four Theme: My favorite of the themes. It's absolutely phenomenal and sounds exactly like what an Elite Four theme should be. Better than the Unova E4 theme IMO. 10/10
Champion Theme: A lot of people don't seem to enjoy this one and consider it lazy, but I think it was genius to remix the main theme of Pokemon into the Champion theme. 9/10
Guardian Deity Theme: This. Is. Epic. I love how eerie and intimidating it sounds, super fitting for the Tapus with their 'all-mighty' descriptions from both in-game and dex entries. 10/10
Ultra Beast Theme: It starts out epic, then goes bizarre and strange sounding, I think it works for the beasts, but the theme to me is decent. 7/10
Red/Blue Theme: I feel this is a downgrade to the theme and I don't particularly enjoy it. 4/10
[/spoil]
Don't think I missed any, but I feel like I missed maybe one or two themes? Not including previous themes that were untouched like Anabel and Cynthia's themes.

cl94

The Red/Blue battle theme is a remixed version of the Gens I/II champion theme. You battle Blue/Red under that theme in Gen I/II. I thought it was clever and a nice touch.
The Totem battle theme goes back to something they did in FireRed/LeafGreen with the legendaries. Basically the wild theme, but in a different key.

The best hidden gem on there? Nanu's theme. As if he wasn't enough of a badass without the theme music: https://youtu.be/aWscv6azu_c

Edit: The battle tree supposedly has a bunch of old themes that aren't on the soundtrack as well, including the unremixed Hoenn Battle Frontier Brain theme. I'm looking forward to a time when I can get there.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Was disappointed they didn't remix the other battle tree character music. A new remix of colress would have been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.