• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Do you guys think the gym theme will be compound time this gen?

It hasn't been since Gen 4, so it would be nice to have that change.

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
Actually speaking of gym themes, we need the "gym leader's final stand" theme back from BW. But obviously change the music, just keep the idea of music changing once you've pushed the leader to his/her last pokemon. I actually found a fan-made one for XY, but I cant find it anymore. Maybe the uploader took it down :(

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I wonder if there be music from previous regions if we go into a certain building in Sun and Moon? I think that be cool and I look forward to the new music that Sun and Moon would have.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I wonder if there be music from previous regions if we go into a certain building in Sun and Moon? I think that be cool and I look forward to the new music that Sun and Moon would have.

It's very possible. We got the shop theme from RSE remixed for XY in the Lumiose shops.(Unsure if there were others, but that's the one that I distinctly remember)

I'd actually like to see some of this myself. Perhaps some sort of throwback to DPPt? (It's been 10 years...)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The soundtrack so far sounds decent. As long as Junichi Masuda and Go Ichinose are the composers, I'm good.

Well Go Ichinose has apparently worked on every core game soundtrack that I've liked up until B2W2, so I do hope he'll get involved in Sun and Moon's soundtrack and make it great. ^^

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I wonder what music they would use for the gyms and pokemon league? Previous music or new music that will fit well with the themes? I don't mind either.

JudySpell

Banned
Well Go Ichinose has apparently worked on every core game soundtrack that I've liked up until B2W2, so I do hope he'll get involved in Sun and Moon's soundtrack and make it great. ^^

The SM music thus far sounds closer to XY's sound though. So I don't think he's composing this time.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
A little too early for this thread when we've only heard one song. I do like the tribal feeling of the main theme, but there's not much else I can say about the music until we hear more of it.

Terry93D

Soooo excited for the Sun/Moon soundtrack. (As anyone who has seen my posts on the General Discussion thread will know.) I expect the sound team will look something like this.

• Go Ichinose (returning after his unfortunate absence from Gen VI)
  • Minako Adachi (taking the lead for the sound team)
  • Hideaki Kuroda (debuting as a full-fledged composer after doing just arrangement in OR/AS)
  • Hitomi Sato (a handful of tracks and arrangements)
  • Junichi Masuda (battle tracks)
  • Morikazu Aoki (jingle reprises)
  • Satoshi Nohara (jingle reprises)

And, assuming "Vien Forest" from Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia was composed by Takuto Kitsuta, I would also be quite pleased to see him on the sound team.

I'm imagining a more tribal feel to the music, and perhaps something a bit less classical than X/Y sometimes felt like. More stringed instruments, an assortment of drums - perhaps a greater role for choir, if the trailer is any indication. Hopefully we'll have separate tracks for different routes, unlike X/Y, and Go Ichinose back doing arrangement for the battle tracks.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Soooo excited for the Sun/Moon soundtrack. (As anyone who has seen my posts on the General Discussion thread will know.) I expect the sound team will look something like this.

• Go Ichinose (returning after his unfortunate absence from Gen VI)
  • Minako Adachi (taking the lead for the sound team)
  • Hideaki Kuroda (debuting as a full-fledged composer after doing just arrangement in OR/AS)
  • Hitomi Sato (a handful of tracks and arrangements)
  • Junichi Masuda (battle tracks)
  • Morikazu Aoki (jingle reprises)
  • Satoshi Nohara (jingle reprises)

And, assuming "Vien Forest" from Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia was composed by Takuto Kitsuta, I would also be quite pleased to see him on the sound team.

I'm imagining a more tribal feel to the music, and perhaps something a bit less classical than X/Y sometimes felt like. More stringed instruments, an assortment of drums - perhaps a greater role for choir, if the trailer is any indication. Hopefully we'll have separate tracks for different routes, unlike X/Y, and Go Ichinose back doing arrangement for the battle tracks.

I agree with your list, though I think Ichinose will be taking the lead. You can already tell from the Title theme alone.

Terry93D

I agree with your list, though I think Ichinose will be taking the lead. You can already tell from the Title theme alone.

I can never identify composer just from hearing the music. xp

But I would have to agree. It reminded me a lot of R/S/E's title theme - I'd have to say that some of it was directly ripped from it. I especially liked the softer bit circa 1:21 (using ThePokeMixr92's "Pokemon Sun & Moon - Title Screen (Official/SFX)" video) which was something I haven't oft heard from Pokemon title themes.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
We have only been provided one definite piece of Sun/Moon thus far, the main title theme.
I am seeing a lot of people say that they like the tribal bit towards the middle, and I agree; it real adds a unique flavour to the many-times-heard main theme.
The last bit of the theme ends in a wonderful pulse of emotion as well, giving you a sense of grand things to come. I have high hopes for this game and its music :)

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
I'm looking forward to hearing more. The title screen sounds beautiful by itself. More mallets, steel drums, and ukelele would create great adaptations of existing themes.

Terry93D

...though admittedly it may be a bit early to start drawing conclusions given that only the title music has been revealed.

Still. More steel drums, congas, metallic percussion, ukelele, and ethnic instruments, yes please.

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
Does anyone know exactly where 1:07 is from? I know I can find it in the RSE/ORAS title theme but I swear I've heard it somewhere else, like a route theme or sum'in. I dunno.

Pelippal

Perhaps some sort of throwback to DPPt? (It's been 10 years...)

I would be so happy to get a remix of something from DPPT, especially Canalave City or Route 209...

On another note, one of my biggest hopes is that we will have more interactive music on a couple routes like in Gen V. I loved hearing little drum beats or tambourine shakes while walking, and I think we can all agree Accumula Town's theme with the piano and drums added is gorgeous. Maybe we could have some NPCs with ukuleles, drums, or lap steel guitars on a beach or two. It would be really nice, though I would hope the game wouldn't be saturated with it every route and town so that the majority of the music could still shine on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.