• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I kind of thought that the new Red/Blue battle theme in these games sounded like Zinnia's. It's a nice mixture of old and new sounds at least.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I've come to like the Akala routes music, the Island Kahuna battle music, the standard trainer battle music, the festival Plaza main song, the music that plays when you're inside a clothing store, Hau'oli City daytime, and the Victory Road equivalent.

I didn't realise how good Alola Route 10 is until I heard it in a video. It has a surprisingly dramatic middle section, where there is a very grand piano and base. It makes me feel like the plot if heading its way towards me, but not super-fast, as though it's on the horizon and I'm trying to reach it. The intro and the part nearer to the end were kind of lacklustre for me, but the middle part oozes dramatic.

NightTheUmbreon

Fire-Dark Trainer
I really like the Verdant Cavern/Lush Jungle music c:

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
I think the best themes of Gen 7 are Gladion's Theme (Encounter and Battle), Kahuna Battle Theme, Trial Theme, Ten Carat Hill Theme, Hau-oli City, and the Champion Title Defense battle theme

Any thoughts?

Remmie

I adore the Elite Four's theme. Also the Legendaries theme. And Motherbeast Lusamine's. And Aether's Foudation's grunts theme. They are pretty cool.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Has anyone else noticed that part of Guzma's battle theme kind of echoes the Aether Paradise music?

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I absolutely love the Poni wilds theme.

Its relaxing with an air of majesty IMO.

Often listen to it on YouTube hah.

I do also really like the normal trainers theme

Tbf this games OST had some gems in it.

Recently I've found that particular themes on the OST can really help me focus on something like Homework if I need it due to how relaxing they are. I made a playlist, and it contains:

Verdant Cavern
Ten Carat Hill
Aether House
Aether Paradise
Haina Desert
Ultra Space
Battle Tree

This Gen really did have some zen out tracks, didn't it....

Guzma's theme! I just LOVE Guzma's theme, all the Team Skull music is SO GOOD.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I kind of thought that the new Red/Blue battle theme in these games sounded like Zinnia's. It's a nice mixture of old and new sounds at least.

I hear the similarities between Red and Blue's battle theme music and Zinnia's battle theme as well. Both sounded kind of French to me and the Red/Blue theme in general reminds me of a few tracks that I remember from the Latios and Latias film. :3

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Battle and character themes aside, there were a few tunes that caught my attention.

Maile City and Vast Poni Canyon have some nice tunes. I love Japanese style music so Malie City was a plus and Vasi Poni Canyon has such a catchy theme; gives a feeling of adventure. The Tapu Ruins and Ultra Space themes are pretty cool as well, it really gives the right feeling for the areas.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
kinda late, but i always get super emotional every time i hear the night version of iki town. it's so relaxing, but has a hint of sadness at the same time.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Has anyone noticed that Route 1/Route 2, Iki Town and Hau'oli City have the same melody, but in different arrangements?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Battle and character themes aside, there were a few tunes that caught my attention.

Maile City and Vast Poni Canyon have some nice tunes. I love Japanese style music so Malie City was a plus and Vasi Poni Canyon has such a catchy theme; gives a feeling of adventure. The Tapu Ruins and Ultra Space themes are pretty cool as well, it really gives the right feeling for the areas.

The VPC's theme reminds me of Indiana Jones for some reason. Maybe because it's a canyon, and canyons are adventurous places. :D

If you listen closely to the Tapu battle themes, you can hear "Guardian" repeated over and over. Apparently there's supposed to be Hawaiian lyrics in there too.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I've come to like the Akala routes music, the Island Kahuna battle music, the standard trainer battle music, the festival Plaza main song, the music that plays when you're inside a clothing store, Hau'oli City daytime, and the Victory Road equivalent.

The Akala route theme definitely has that Hoenn vibe to it.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Maile City and Vast Poni Canyon have some nice tunes. I love Japanese style music so Malie City was a plus and Vasi Poni Canyon has such a catchy theme; gives a feeling of adventure.

Malie city's theme music reminds me of Ecruteak city's theme music from Hg/Ss, although slightly better ha ha. I like that tropical vibe that it has and it does sound pretty Japanese as well, which I think is fitting with the setting. ^^

I really enjoy listening to Konikoni City at night, due to the urgency of the music. It reminds me a bit of Opelucid City's music from Pokemon Black Version.

Status
Not open for further replies.