• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokémon Sun and Moon Music Appreciation Thread

Talk about your appreciation for music from the Pokémon Sun and Moon games, or trailers, here!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I really like what I heard from the trailer, especially the bit when it suddenly becomes tribal.

I'm thinking the theme was done by Go Ichinose because of the complex arrangements of melody and the sudden variations of the instruments. Also the style is reminiscent of BW themes.

I just really hope Ichinose is the primary musician for this game, because that means awesome battle themes.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
The near ending is so...beautiful. It really does seem choir-ish, and it gives a haunting yet triumphant tune.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, the theme was pretty great. Might be my favorite rendition of it yet. I love that it's based on the Hoenn one too, because that one was my favorite.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I liked the tribal sounds in the trailer's bgm, tho if the Sun and Moon soundtrack is arranged by the same people who produced the X and Y one, I probably won't enjoy the bgm in these games much. ^^;

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Well I liked the tribal sounds in the trailer's bgm, tho if the Sun and Moon soundtrack is arranged by the same people who produced the X and Y one, I probably won't enjoy the bgm in these games much. ^^;

I think we won't be hearing from Shota Kageyama for a while.
The sound team this time could be Junichi Masuda, Go Ichinose, Hideaki Kuroda, Hitomi Sato, and Minako Adachi

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

With the exception of the Gym Leader and Elite Four music, I absolutely loved the X and Y soundtrack, especially all the special battle themes like Xerneas/Yvetlal, Diantha, and Mewtwo. I do admit though that the Gym Leader and Elite Four themes left a lot to be desired.

Aetius

I liked what I've heard so far!
My hopes are those of everyone, meaning that if it's Ichinose-san taking care of the music, I'll be the happiest pokè-fan out there! :D

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like what we've heard so far.
I just hope it stays impressive, unlike X/Y's which disappointed me after coming out.

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
I'm getting serious Pokemon BW vibes from 1:36 to 1:51 of the trailer, and I love it. We better have some at least BW quality music from this game.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Ah, I'm glad that someone thought to point out the music.

Okay, as for Sun and Moon, I feel like the dominant instrument of the OST will likely to be drums. Kind of like how the trumpet was for Hoenn and the electric guitar was for Kalos. I would personally love the heavy drum influence if they did decide to go that route.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I didn't notice the tribal drums kick in until the fourth time I watched the trailer. Love it. It could be a great musical motif for intense themes.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I didn't notice the tribal drums kick in until the fourth time I watched the trailer. Love it. It could be a great musical motif for intense themes.

It would be so cool to have a gym leader theme with fast beat drums in the background. Now Im really hyped to hear all the music.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I agree, the drums were a really nice touch :D
Hopefully they incorporate them into much more of the music in the game.

And I hope any deep moments have accompanying music similar to "Got to Get It to Get It!" from XY and B/W.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.