• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzGirl41

So far (yes, I've been starting my posts with that phrase all day, since I am still early in the game!), I really love the music of: Hau'oli (loved it in the demo), Iki Town, Lush Jungle, and the music that played before I fought Kahuna Hala. Team Skull's music is interesting, but it's so unique and makes the team memorable, which I can't say about past teams. The music of this game is growing on me. I just am not a big fan of the brass and the jazz-ish songs.

cl94

The music is quite good. My favorites:

-Kahuna battle. Might be my favorite gym leader music so far. Anyone know if we get this music again after the Elite Four is beaten?
-Champion. I love how it starts like the Gen II theme. Easily the best since Gen II.

There's a very good chance I'm buying this soundtrack like I bought the one for HG/SS.

Moonboy65

The music is quite good. My favorites:

-Kahuna battle. Might be my favorite gym leader music so far. Anyone know if we get this music again after the Elite Four is beaten?
-Champion. I love how it starts like the Gen II theme. Easily the best since Gen II.

There's a very good chance I'm buying this soundtrack like I bought the one for HG/SS.

then you enter the Hall of Fame and it's basically a dance club.... BEST HALL OF FAME EVER!!!

[video=youtube;7NoiZhYkfjE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NoiZhYkfjE[/video]

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Some of my thoughts on various themes:
Trainer Battle: I actually like it. It feels relaxing but also energetic.
Team Skull: Oh, yeah! This theme is great. Love it. Gives Team Skull a cool vibe.
Guzma Battle: Nice. Groovy like the Grunt battles.
Guzma Encounter: Hell yes. So swaggy. One of the best Encounters.
Totem Pokémon Battle: This is awesome. Sounds menacing to me.
Kuhuna Battle: Oh hell yeah! This theme is amazing. I'm counting this as a Gym Leader theme because the Kuhunas and the Trial Captains are the equivalents to Gym Leaders this generation.
Aether Foundation Employee Battle: I love this. It sounds menacing and eerie to me. Easily a favorite this gen.

Areas:
Hau'oli City: For some reason it reminds me of Veilstone in Sinnoh and some cities in Unova. I like it.
Lush Jungle/Areas that share it: I love it. Great theme for a location, it's on of my jams this gen.
Route 4/other routes that share it: Some parts remind me of a route in Kalos... I like it.
Routes in Ula'ula: Sounds adventurous! I like it a lot.
Vast Poni Canyon: Love this. Chillin to it while fighting all the tough trainers here.

Last edited:
I LOVE the Team Skull themes!! Sounds like Jet Set Radio if yall are familiar with the game
I actually did a rap to Team Skull's music...I have less than 10 posts so I can't post it, but if you are interested its on my YouTube which is on my signature

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
I really love the soundtrack of this game. I think it perfectly personifies the variety of characters and themes within the game rather well. Some stand out tracks.

Battle Themes:
vs. Kahuna, vs Aether Foundation Employee, vs. Lusamine, vs. Solgaleo/ Lunala/ Necrozma, vs. Elite 4, vs. Plumeria, Vs. Red/ Blue.

City/ Town Themes:
Malie City (Day & Night), Po Town, Iki Town (Night), Hau'oli City (Night [the piano is just so much better])

Misc.
Welcome to The Alola Region, Lillie's Theme, Kukui's Pokemon Lab, Salon Shop Music, Thrifty Megamart Abandoned Sight, Farewell Solgaleo/ Lunala, Plumeria's Message, The Credits.

I also love their return to using a lot of piano in the soundtrack with a mixture of the instruments they've experimented with the last two Generations. I think this is a strong entry into the Pokemon Music library. And, for me, it's the best Soundtrack beating out Black and White.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Every soundtrack in this game is so freaking good. I don't think there is a single music theme I didn't like.... except Kukui's, I don't like him either.
I do love the evolution music for Alolan formes... it sucks it's not like that for all Pokemon in Alola. So much better than the standard evolution music we had since forever
Team Skull's stuff is still the best though, I could listen to it all day. And I have.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
favorite themes in the game:

-welcome to alola
-trainer battle
-lillie's theme 2.0
-malie city (night)
-aether foundation employee battle
-lusamine second battle
-farewell lillie

i also loved the remixes of the "welcome to alola" they had at the end. they played a flute version when the pc is going back home, and then a piano+guitar thing going on during the ending credits.

overall i absolutely love the music in this game. definitely my favorite pokemon game ever.

Navarch

I love the Team Skull themes, so darn good. If there's one thing Pokemon always nails, it's the evil team themes. Iki Town's night theme is really awesome, so nice when you're picking your starter.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm honestly not enjoying the battle music at all in these games. Other than the Gladion and regular trainer battle themes, I haven't found any track I like so far. All the overworld music is good but the battles are extremely underwhelming especially when compared to ORAS which has some of my favourite tracks in all the games. I've just reached the Aether Foundation HQ with Gladion and Hau so I haven't finished the game yet so I'm hoping some of the later tracks are a lot better than the ones I've heard so far.

Part of Guzma's theme, particularly the start of the battle, also made a really horrible crackling noise through my headphones that didn't happen at any other point in the game so that made his theme borderline unbearable. Has this happened to anyone else?

^^^It's part of the theme.

Po Town music is so sad... but that makes it amazing. And the Abandoned Megamart music is so creepy that I love it.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
On 2nd island so far, and haven't found a single tune I really like yet. So sad, as the OST is one of the things I look forward to the most when a new Pokémon game is released. X & Y were one of my all-time favourites, but Sun & Moon is somewhere at the bottom, along with gen 4's OST. :(

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
On 2nd island so far, and haven't found a single tune I really like yet. So sad, as the OST is one of the things I look forward to the most when a new Pokémon game is released. X & Y were one of my all-time favourites, but Sun & Moon is somewhere at the bottom, along with gen 4's OST. :(

I'm the complete opposite, I didn't like any of the XY themes, but these games' themes are phenomenal to me! :p

My faves so far are basically all the theme skull and Arther themes. I'm playing the whole thing with headphones on and especially Guzma's theme is so intense and fitting for his character. I almost can't help moving along to the beat when hearing it.

It might just beat gen 5 in terms of beat OST for me.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I'm honestly not enjoying the battle music at all in these games. Other than the Gladion and regular trainer battle themes, I haven't found any track I like so far. All the overworld music is good but the battles are extremely underwhelming especially when compared to ORAS which has some of my favourite tracks in all the games. I've just reached the Aether Foundation HQ with Gladion and Hau so I haven't finished the game yet so I'm hoping some of the later tracks are a lot better than the ones I've heard so far.

Part of Guzma's theme, particularly the start of the battle, also made a really horrible crackling noise through my headphones that didn't happen at any other point in the game so that made his theme borderline unbearable. Has this happened to anyone else?
I cant stand Guzma's theme as well

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Im seriously warmin up to the elite 4 battle theme.

Its so seriously catchy. hue I didnt think much of it when I heard it in the leaks, but now...

Lusamines theme also was amazin, her first one at least.

Red/greens theme is still damn good.

Stone Dragon

There are a lot themes in this game which I like. I like the main battles theme, Gladion, Hau, the Island Kahunas. The theme from Hau and the Kahuna have such a positive vibe and they just sound good.

I don't have any routethemes in mind yet, but I remember the Route to the battle tree. That one is awesome imo, because it gives me a vibe from a different region. Therefore there is this special touch for me and the theme is really great.

And I really LOVE the 'Plumerias Message' theme which also plays during Lillies goodbye. The theme is so sad, yet great and I love the whistle playing in it. Especially the whislte tone at 30 seconds in. It's reall playing with emotions and used in good scenes in the game.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
I swear, this game has the best soundtrack. Gladion' theme, the Kahuna theme, Guzma's theme, Konikoni City (Day and Night), Malie City (Night), Seafolk Village (Night), Aether Foundation's overworld theme (the one from the trailers along routes), the Legendary theme, Ultra Beast theme, Elite Four, Champion, and Guardian Deity themes, to name a few. It's incredible.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
The E4 theme really had weight to me this time around. It was pleasant enough in XY, but this time I really felt like I was facing serious threats, got the total chills.

Lots of other great tracks, too, they've all been mentioned here before. Kind of a shame Guzma's relatively easy to take down compared to some other threats, didn't get to hear his theme in-game very long.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Lots of brilliant themes already stated. My favourite would have to be Kukei's research place and Lillie's hospice. I'm a little disappointed you're only in it for a short while in regards to story. Just a pleasant theme to listen too.

Champion's theme - sorry. MY theme is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.