• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - 2D sprites

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Pokémon Sun & Moon - 2D sprites

Sprites of Pokémon Sun & Moon

The new generation of pokémon has arrived and I couldn't be more excited.
This is a project to make 2D sprites of the new pokémon!

Rules for making the sprite:

- All the sprites should be made in firth gen style (pokémon B/W). This means a size of 96*96 and a maximum of 15 colors.

- The front and the back sprites should match. This means that the pokémon should stand similar on both sprite but just facing the opposite way.

- It is preferable to make a static sprite first and when the sprite is approved, the animation can be made.

- For the MEGA-evolutions, it is better to edit the existing 5th gen sprite. If the design is too different to do so, you can start from scratch.

Rules for posting:

- Everybody can post a sprite or a comment. Also you can choose all pokémon (that aren't finished yet) to sprite even though it is already done (but try to avoid this ^^).

- It is eligible to edit a sprite posted on this thread to improve it. After all, we are all working together as a team.

Can I use this sprites?

The answer is yes! You can always use the sprites but we would appreciate it if you give some kind of credit. Referring to the thread (or artist(s) that made it) would be very kind. By doing this, it could also maybe inspire other artists to join this project and provide even more 7th gen sprites.
The only thing that isn't acceptable is claiming the sprite to be your own (except if you made it of course ^^). The artists worked very hard on it and 'stealing' a sprite would crush their spriting spirit.

So that are the rules for this project. If there are any questions, you can always ask them here.

Here is a list of all pokemon that aren't done yet:
Rowlet - Unfinished
Litten - Unfinished
Popplio - Unfinished
Magearna - Unfinished
Ledgendary of Pokémon Sun - Unfinished
Ledgendary of Pokémon Moon - Unfinished

noobiess

6 different pokemon
To kick this project off, I thought it would be nice to start off with a starter pokémon.
I wanted to do Rowlet, since it is my favorite starter of this generation, but switched to Popplio since i wanted to leave Rowlet for somebody else;
Popplio_zpse2nknv06.png

I quite like it, but I think the right eye could be better (but I can't get it right since it should be 2 pixels wide but that makes it impossible to give it that right shape).
Comments (for artists and non-artists) are always welcome!

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Here is Nekkoala:
Nekkoala_zpskmpegtkg.png

I added a variation of the stand of the eyes + eyebrows. The second one is more true to the design but i like the first one better.
Which one do you guys prefer?

Ps: other comments are also welcome of course ^^

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I love that Popplio one! Nekkoala looks nice too, but that Popplio one is even better! Good job! And I'm looking forward to the upcoming creations of yours and others, this thread deserves more sprites.

Thanks!

You hopefully we will be able to make every 7th gen pokémon!

Snivy101orsomething

Some Animator Guy
I'm not much of a Pokemon Spriter. I can't make em from scratch. On the other hand, I do animate the ones that I see best quality. If animation is part of the project, then hey I may do a little.