• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcheezy

So I triggered the professor's assistant to appear in the demo. Don't know how but she is up by where you go do the trial before you talk to the dude who takes you there. She is gazing off into the distance by the fence.

shadowF

hey guys so what has the datamine revealed about the postgame? or hints? or your theories after the datamine?

shadowF

Nothing. There's no story data to be found, nor would there be.

Oh I heard Wuvula noted something about the datamine that could be hint for postgame from another thread so I thought something was discovered.

BCVM22

Oh I heard Wuvula noted something about the datamine that could be hint for postgame from another thread so I thought something was discovered.

I'm sure there are hints, but there are hints to lots of things, and I think we often lack the context to interpret these hints but try to do so anyway and we let that get the better of us.

LunalaLover

If there isn't a really obvious champion battle at the end, i'm afraid i will have a very weird feeling if the game is "cleared"... Ah well everything will be revealed when the full game is available

So I triggered the professor's assistant to appear in the demo. Don't know how but she is up by where you go do the trial before you talk to the dude who takes you there. She is gazing off into the distance by the fence.

Just booted up my demo and found her, too. Such a short little event, I wish it was longer! But at the same time, it said pretty much everything that needed to be told about her for now.

Novembre

I'd also laugh if litten3 is part fighting instead of dark like people are hoping/predicting, but I've already decided I'm pretending it doesn't exist and using torracat with an eviolite permanently stuck on and pressing B every time it levels up

I'm pretty sure Litten3 will be Fire/Fighting, but I hope I'm wrong. And exactly like you. I will use Torracat with an Everstone and switch to an Eviolite and press B until level hundred.

Last edited:

Copley Hill Gym

1,000% agreed. I was appalled the first time they released less than 100 Pokemon in a generation, but for them to do so in a game based on islands is almost an insult.
Island biodiversity is, overall, the greatest on the entire planet. Island life, including reefs, have more species-- and more UNIQUE species-- than any major continent. For them to not tap into that is ludicrous.

Like, seriously? The only representatives of Australia are Kangaskhan and now, FINALLY, Komala? No cockatoo Pokemon? No Tasmanian devil/tiger line? No wombat, bilby, numbat, quoll, etc etc etc.?
Then there's placea like Papua New Guinea, the Galapagos, and-- as you so-importantly mentioned-- Madagascar.
There could be birds of paradise. Marine iguanas. Komodo dragons. Sea snakes. Whale sharks. Fossa. Hoopoes. Tenrecs and lemurs of all shapes and sizes. Tiny leaf chameleons, neon day geckos, giant wrinkly New Caledonian geckos, leaf-tailed geckos....

I could go on and on.
The lack of Pokemon in this generation is far from disappointing. It is an absolute injustice and a travesty. And, TBH, I don't think it's the creators' fault-- I feel like they're being forced to cut back on new Pokemon, so GF can just make games indefinitely by only releasing an obnoxiously-tiny amount in every generation. It's ridiculously frustrating, at this point.

The thing that bothers me the most about it is the sheer number of older Pokemon on each island. Like, I get it should be an overall percentage given the amount of Pokemon now. Gold/Silver probably got the balance spot on and Ruby/Sapphire wasn't far behind with their numbers. It makes things more fun to search for and discover new Pokemon. We almost didn't need the data mining as the vast majority of new Pokemon and Alolan forms were already revealed by Nintendo, which is bizarre.

I dunno, I feel like if the news had been "there's 140 new Pokemon total" or "there's a 100 new Pokemon total" then I would have been happy to ignore the datemining completely as it would have meant not everything had been revealed so early on. As it is around 50 have been officially revealed out of a total 81 - which is bonkers.

I am old enough to remember that we did not really have this with Red/Blue - all Pokemon were already known through the guides and cards (bar Mew for some time, despite the Japanese release) but Gold/Silver still had surprises to give up and Ruby/Sapphire did the same. Diamond/Pearl didn't reveal so many so early on and for me Black/White were the best new game since Red/Blue because of the collecting and unknown factor - you immerse yourself in the new world and the new Pokemon. Who doesn't try to have a team made up of the new generation as best we can on each play through?

I don't think there's a plan to this in terms of "limit the number of Pokemon" - it feels more like a design choice to allow some of the more popular Kanto Pokemon to return in new forms for the 20th anniversary. Which I get, is an important event, but it's such a shame that it wasn't more a celebration of Pokemon the game series and to see no other generation's Pokemon get Alolan forms is deeply unsatisfying in addition to the lack of native Alolan Pokemon.

The saving grace for me is Mudsdale. I have always wanted a Shire Horse Pokemon and I finally got one. He's also a ground type which suits my normally sand stream based teams. He and Silvally are the two I am looking forward to most. Will the game's plot make up for the lack in discovery and catching? I hope so.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Hauke_von_Arding

About the champion... it's already confirmed we have a Champion in Alola. Didn't you guys remember the wanderer from XY? He spoke about the Champion of his region.

I'm pretty sure Litten3 will be Fire/Fighting, but I hope I'm wrong. And exactly like you. I will use Torracat with an Everstone and switch to an Eviolite and press B until level hundred.

The leaked art for Litten3 confirmed that he fights dirty. Dirty fighting is Dark not Fighting.

Yce288

Grass type FTW

Anthea

Doesn't anyone know if the pokedex follows an order such as those found in the earlier islands at the beginning, and those found in the latter islands at the end of the Dex? I want an idea of how early I can get certain mons

GDK

Doesn't anyone know if the pokedex follows an order such as those found in the earlier islands at the beginning, and those found in the latter islands at the end of the Dex? I want an idea of how early I can get certain mons

Seems like X and Y, were pokemon are found on the order of their dex numbers.

sheld999

yeah got her today iswell

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

Same here, yesterday. Some people were triggering the event when they set their 3DS to 18/11/2016, but it actually happens randomly.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Did you check the first post?? I believe they have each islands pokedexs there.

REMARCABLE

Going for broke, do you guys think that this datamined has showed us everything in the game?

Like you think there is a chance (however tiny it may be) that this demo was scrubbed to miss a few things here and there
Like do you think it's at all possible we will see new Mega Evolutions in the final game because they decided to scrub those at least?

I just really don't want to believe they introduced Mega Evolutions just to drop it. I almost refuse to believe they could do that... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.