• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXD17

Draco rex

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Salandit evo. I'd watch out, definite feeling it will have Attract. Get you're female pokemon ready.
But what if its SOS Pokémon is male yet also knows Attract?

(I'd love GF if they did that.)

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
But what if its SOS Pokémon is male yet also knows Attract?

(I'd love GF if they did that.)

My best guess is that the gender of Totem Mons may be randomized. Sadly, since all we have to go on is the NicoNico Stream (since all Totem Mons shown in trailers don't have their UI info shown), it's impossible to tell at the moment.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
My best guess is that the gender of Totem Mons may be randomized. Sadly, since all we have to go on is the NicoNico Stream (since all Totem Mons shown in trailers don't have their UI info shown), it's impossible to tell at the moment.
I'm betting that Salandit's evo is female only, so maybe in this particular instance the gender won't be randomized.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm betting that Salandit's evo is female only, so maybe in this particular instance the gender won't be randomized.

I really hope not.
Unless the ratio of getting a female one is actually fair.... unlike Vespiquen

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Why? I don't think that Salandit will get a gender specific Evo. Females may release pheromones, but that doesn't necessarily dictate that they'll be the only ones to evolve.

knightwolf09

Why? I don't think that Salandit will get a gender specific Evo. Females may release pheromones, but that doesn't necessarily dictate that they'll be the only ones to evolve.

Let's see, a pokemon that states a trait of females releasing pheromones to control males has an evolution that looks feminine and seductive to match the pheromone trait the females have. Nope, nothing pointing to gender exclusive evolution.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
There are definitely traits that can lend to it being a female-only evolution, the pheromones thing being the biggest indicator.

Personally though, I hope they don't do that as I didn't like having to search for female Combees just to get a Vespiquen while the males were basically box fodder.

knightwolf09

There are definitely traits that can lend to it being a female-only evolution, the pheromones thing being the biggest indicator.

Personally though, I hope they don't do that as I didn't like having to search for female Combees just to get a Vespiquen while the males were basically box fodder.

Well, can Eviolite still work if it's male? Also does it really matter if males are box fodder?

Sulfurian

Perhaps the Aether Foundation don't necessarily consider themselves "evil" but what they consider doing the right thing to us is wrong. Like "there is a major a threat coming, what we do we do for the world" or "humans are nothing compared to pokemon. We are weak, fragile, and the ultra beasts are here to show us who the true gods should be" and then that art of their main scientist. He knows what he's doing.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Let's see, a pokemon that states a trait of females releasing pheromones to control males has an evolution that looks feminine and seductive to match the pheromone trait the females have. Nope, nothing pointing to gender exclusive evolution.

Gender based Evos usually have some solid logic behind them, as we see with Vespiquen and Wormadam, as their real world counterparts support their evolutionary paths. Salamanders, meanwhile, mature fully regardless of whether they're male or female. I'm just saying, I don't see male Salandit missing out on evolving all together.

Sulfurian

I mean, I can understand with things like Gardevior and Lopunny being considered very feminine with humanoid curves despite having two genders. But...a lizard acting feminine..that's just weird...

knightwolf09

Gender based Evos usually have some solid logic behind them, as we see with Vespiquen and Wormadam, as their real world counterparts support their evolutionary paths. Salamanders, meanwhile, mature fully regardless of whether they're male or female. I'm just saying, I don't see male Salandit missing out on evolving all together.

Could be a whiptail lizard, which are all female.

Akashin

Well, can Eviolite still work if it's male? Also does it really matter if males are box fodder?

Yes it can, but that isn't the point. If they were to pull another Combee, at the very least it'd be nice if we don't have to deal with another 7:1 gender ratio. Making male Combee useless and slapping a gender ratio like that on it was just cruel.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I can see Salandit having a gender ratio that either favors the female gender (better survival if Salandit has pheromones to play with) or rarifies the female gender (most Salandit do not possess this ability, which makes the species tolerable). In any case, I think Salandit is not going to have a 50/50 gender ratio.
Its evolutions fits both genders to me. Maybe there will be a gender difference but I doubt it's going to have a gender-restricted evolution.

future.newyorker

We've actually already seen Pelipper man before the trailer at the end of the demo. He was seen in the Legendary trailer at 0:10 alongside a Pyukumuku, Corsola, and of course, a Pelipper. It makes me wonder if the Pelipper is his at all, and maybe it's just there because it is a seafaring Pokémon.

Is no one going to elaborate on what I posted earlier?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Akashin pretty much said what I would've said, except I'll also add the additional pain of having to deal with the honey mechanic multiple times on top of that.

At the very least, they could've put it in a patch of grass, forcing the player to wait, and then pray that you get the right roll with the RNG was not just cruel, it was downright evil.

And here we go with the female issues again.

Except this is game related, I don't think any of us have an issue with its design being 'too feminine' or whatever (the worst complaints I've seen it get is that it's too bland).

Status
Not open for further replies.