1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Endless, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JVLightningLover

JVLightningLover Veteran Trainer

I've got to say, if we get to raise little Cosmic Poot, and eventually it blossoms into a Legendary (which I'm 99.99% sure will be the case), I'll probably be more endeared to Solgaleo and Lunaala than any other Legend. It's a really smart play on GF's part.

Ground/Fairy, Ground/Fire, and Ground/Electric are my guesses.

2. Wingulltrainer

Wingulltrainer Well-Known Member

I hope not; puzzles are my least favorite aspect of the games.

3. PokeFan707

PokeFan707 New Member

I agree with the idea that you can have multiple Cosmog and "Galaxy Eye", but only one can evolve into Solgaleo or Lunala.

Something I'd think would be really interesting is if when Solgaleo and Lunala appear, they end up being entirely new Pokemon that didn't exist until that very moment. Most legendaries are ones that already exist or are known about in game, so imagine if a legendary is just born in-game and therefore no one knows about it yet?

4. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret Don't look here.

Tapu fini is amazing. I'm absolutely loving this pokemon. I hope it will end up being great!

5. Poppi

Poppi New Member

That would be super interesting, seeing the birth of a new legend. Though, the descriptions for Solgaleo/Lunala say they've been honored "since ancient times."

6. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

That's not the shiny. Both forms have different shinies(The second form has an Ultra Ball form as a shiny.)

7. Rio!

Rio! Composer

Hm, interesting takes on Cosmog.
    They kind of remind me of Unknown in a way (tied to certain legendaries/ancient language, etc) so it does seem highly plausible for it to have ties with Lunala and Solgaleo. Especially with it being called 'The Nebula Pokemon' with galactic references and such. I'm going to have a giggling fit if it only knows one move though, not gonna lie.

8. kaylavarnell4736

kaylavarnell4736 Xtreme Pokefan

Where have you heard this? Is it in a video? Please post the link if so. :3

9. knightwolf09

knightwolf09 Well-Known Member

You can hear some conversations from Gamexplain cause one of them got to play. You can also just google first two hours and you'll see plenty of other reviews, but here's a link to one. https://www.sweetyhigh.com/read/pokemon-sun-moon-gameplay-secrets-101916

10. kaylavarnell4736

kaylavarnell4736 Xtreme Pokefan

11. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Recent trailer also confirms the dex order.

Vikavolt is shown to evolve at Level 40(IIRC, we have seen it at lower levels).

Alolan Exeggutor is shown to evolve with Leaf Stone.

12. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Level 40?! Damn...... that's a high level for a Bug.

I wonder if Alolan Vulpix still evolves with the Fire stone though, it really wouldn't make sense. I'm thinking it'll use the shiny stone.

13. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

^Ice Stone was confirmed to be thing ages ago.

14. JVLightningLover

JVLightningLover Veteran Trainer

Yep, but that can only be a good thing, as it points to Vikavolt likely having pretty good stats.

15. bobross

bobross New Member

the level scaling can be stupid like it was in xy and be at the level 40 mark around halfway through the game

16. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Well I hope those of you who plan on using Vikavolt enjoy using a breadbox throughout most of your adventure! ;)

17. Graficcha

Graficcha Team Magma Scientist

Hm. With three brand new starter moves revealed, I wonder what that means for the other three (throat chop, aurora veil, laser focus, was it?) that have been floating around being pegged as possibly starter-unique new moves?

Do you think it's likely they will each receive two unique moves, or will these possibly turn out to be matched to some of the other new 'mons we're getting?

I suppose they're all back up for grabs.

18. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Have they been confirmed as moves or could they possibly be Abilities? If they can be abilities, my bets are that they're the starters' hidden abilities.

19. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

^@Graficcha: I'm guessing neither. Aurora Veil will likely be given to weak Ice-types, Throat Chop will likely be given to a variety of Fighting-types and become a Move Tutor later-on and Laser Focus will likely be given to Lock-On users and some other guys.

Edit: @Erron Black: Yes, they are moves.

20. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Ah okay, I guess it's possible the starters could learn them, but I doubt they'll be exclusive moves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.