• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Could be true, but i just noted what i found in the code, and there are checks for both,
Savedata::MyStatus::HasMegaRing and Savedata::MyStatus::HasZenryokuRing
Both are checking for flags set and not for left over items.

And Both are used in the Battle.cro, it's not just left-over code, it's new code.
Also this code here is exclusive to the mega ring and the same cannot be found for the Z-Ring:
Code:
        if ( pml::pokepara::CoreParam::GetMegaFormCount(Pokemon) )
        {
          if ( pml::pokepara::CoreParam::CanMegaEvolve(Pokemon) )
          {
            MyStatus = (*(int (**)(void))(**(_DWORD **)(a1 + 112) + 92))();
            if ( !MyStatus || Savedata::MyStatus::HasMegaRing(MyStatus) )
              return 1;
          }
        }

Well, that might just be because the Z-Ring lacks a Key Stone initially, so once it is upgraded for Mega Evolution, your in-code status will be altered to "having the Mega Ring".

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
We know the regional distribution on the islands, but where the Pokémon are located on said islands is still unknown. We can still draw information out of this distribution though: Phantump appears in the Akala Pokédex, meaning that players will likely be able to capture it not too late in the game, as Akala appears to be the second island we visit.

Oh that's interesting! Thanks a lot.
Edit: Found it.

That's the only "spoiler" I wanted and I'm glad we got it. If Akala turns out to be the second island and Phantump won't be moved to "Post-Game" only then that would be fantastic.

Last edited:

GDK

Someone please tell me what the pokemon spa is good for. Is that what we give our pokemon now to make them love us instead of massages? Or is it something else?

Also it would be so funny if the anchor turned out to be part dragon type - just for the hell of it.

I theorized it was for eggs to hatch hwile not on your team but I dunno.

Sulfurian

Hope we find anything to help slower attacking pokemon, like an item that increases the turns of trick room. We really need it, especially with the Nerfs to priority so far.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm baffled at how many people I've seen question the artistic value of the anchor Pokémon. How have we made it this far into the series and we're still unsure about a Pokémon based on an inanimate object? We've had lamps, lawn mowers, coffins, rocks, trees, gears, and so many more. Why is the anchor THAT intriguing of a concept?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Nintendo posted it already somewhere, we can use the PokéTransporter App to transfer them from VC to Bank and then from Bank to XYORASSuMo.
Game Freak have said that the VC titles can only transfer to Sun and Moon.

Falo

Game Freak have said that the VC titles can only transfer to Sun and Moon.

h**p://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-au/pokemon-bank/

Poké Transporter is also being updated for compatibility with the Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition. Deposit the Pokémon you’ve collected into Pokémon Bank, and you can send them to Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon as well.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
h**p://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-au/pokemon-bank/
From the US site:

Note that Pokémon cannot be moved directly from Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y via Pokémon Bank.

knightwolf09

I mostly hope there's an HA capsule.

Falo

Yeah ok, but why do it this way?
If you use Poké Transporter to send them into bank, then i don't see any real reason why you can't send them to XYORAS.
The pokemon file structure wasn't changed, so there is no reason, except for lazy programmers...

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Yeah ok, but why do it this way?
If you use Poké Transporter to send them into bank, then i don't see any real reason why you can't send them to XYORAS.
The pokemon file structure wasn't changed, so there is no reason, except for lazy programmers...

Actually, file structure changes every generation. Not drastically, but it changes.

Okay then, ignore this.

Could be true, but i just noted what i found in the code, and there are checks for both,
Savedata::MyStatus::HasMegaRing and Savedata::MyStatus::HasZenryokuRing
Both are checking for flags set and not for left over items.

And Both are used in the Battle.cro, it's not just left-over code, it's new code.
Also this code here is exclusive to the mega ring and the same cannot be found for the Z-Ring:
Code:
        if ( pml::pokepara::CoreParam::GetMegaFormCount(Pokemon) )
        {
          if ( pml::pokepara::CoreParam::CanMegaEvolve(Pokemon) )
          {
            MyStatus = (*(int (**)(void))(**(_DWORD **)(a1 + 112) + 92))();
            if ( !MyStatus || Savedata::MyStatus::HasMegaRing(MyStatus) )
              return 1;
          }
        }

Nintendo posted it already somewhere, we can use the PokéTransporter App to transfer them from VC to Bank and then from Bank to XYORASSuMo.

To the rumors about Kanto remake, the full game is over 3 GB, XY and ORAS both were ~1.8 GB, more then 1.5 GB is alone for the pokemon models, animations and sound. i don't think there is enough space for a second region. It's more likely that we will get a post-game Alola Gym System.

So, this also means Z-Ring is actually shortening for Zenryoku Ring.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Far more lazy are the people who say "well, I don't know any reason why they couldn't do [this thing for which there's almost certainly a good reason], so it must be lazy programmers."

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So, this also means Z-Ring is actually shortening for Zenryoku Ring.

That's really interesting, actually, as Zenryoku means "full force" in Japanese. In other words, Z-Moves are technically "Full Force Moves", which is rather fitting.

Far more lazy are the people who say "well, I don't know any reason why they couldn't do [this thing for which there's almost certainly a good reason], so it must be lazy programmers."

Precisely. Odds are that is just took a while to program the algorithm that readjust VC Mons to the current data structure, so they decided to release that change and the SuMo updates all as a single, consolidated update. And by the time that update drops in January, SuMo will already be out, and that's where the focus will be anyway.

There is also the aspect of the Real Leaks Leak (and this is from the post we know is from the OP, making it more likely to be real info) that said VC Mons would retain their pre-Gen 6 Types and Stats, which would be something that, in certain cases, would not be supported by X/Y or ORAS.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
n/a --Battery
n/a ---Surge Surfer
n/a ---Full Metal Body
n/a ---Shadow Shield
n/a ---Comatose
n/a ---Power Construct
Stakeout
n/a ---Electric Surge
n/a ---Psychic Surge
n/a ---Misty Surge
n/a ---Grassy Surge
n/a ---Dazzling
n/a ---Berserk
n/a ---Water Compaction
n/a ---Corrosion
n/a ---Disguise
n/a ---Fluffy
n/a ---Stamina
Battle Bond
n/a ---Triage
n/a ---Wimp Out
n/a ---Dancer
n/a ---Shields Down
n/a ---Innards Out
n/a ---Schooling
n/a ---Receiver
n/a ---Soul Heart
n/a ---RKS System
n/a ---Queenly Majesty
n/a ---Exeggutor HA?
n/a ---Rowlet HA?
n/a ---Litten HA?
n/a ---Popplio HA?
n/a ---Rockruff HA?
n/a ---Pikipek HA?
n/a ---Cutiefly HA?
n/a ---Fomantis HA?
n/a ---Morelull HA?
n/a ---Turtonator HA?
n/a ---Crabrawler HA?
n/a ---Anchor?

It doesn't seem feasible that most species will get something unique as their abilities, so we should expect some mundanities. This foes for UBs as well, which are unlikely to get signature abilities for each different UB.

Edit: The list is from the text datamine. I just added in the empty spaces with no real order. Actual list order should be something completely different. Question marks are just speculations/random guesses.

Edit 2: For others:
-Togedemaru has a former Signature Ability, Iron Barbs, and few Pikaclones got signature abilities, such as Plusle/Minun, which didn't last long.

-Alolan Persian has a former Signature Ability, Fur Coat, and doesn't have much opportunity for a signature ability, design-wise.

-Jangmo-o-line has a former Signature Ability, Bulletproof, and with the exception of Gooey, pseudos don't traditionally get Signature Abilities, but it might get another rare ability like Multiscales.

-TCG Urchin and Bubble Spider can go either. They might have an unique ability, but it is also more likely they will get standard-fare.

-Alolan Vulpix and Alolan Sandshrew seem like they will work with Snow Warning and Ice Body respectively.

-Alolan Grimer and Alolan Rattata are not too drastically different from their original forms besides moves and typing, and can perfectly work with existing abilities, such as Strong Jaw, Stakeout, Thick Fat etc.

-Alolan Dugtrio and Golem are too unknown to us to make heads or tails.

-Alolan Marowak has a signature move and access to Thick Club, so while it can get a signature ability, it would be too redundant.

-Ash-Pikachu suffers from a similar problem to Alolan Dugtrio and Golem, as we don't know how the form change will occur. Battle Bond is not really an answer, due to the fact we have six different forms.

Edit 3: Fixed a typo.

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
n/a --Battery
n/a ---Surge Surfer
n/a ---Full Metal Body
n/a ---Shadow Shield
n/a ---Comatose
n/a ---Power Construct
Stakeout
n/a ---Electric Surge
n/a ---Psychic Surge
n/a ---Misty Surge
n/a ---Grassy Surge
n/a ---Dazzling
n/a ---Berserk
n/a ---Water Compaction
n/a ---Corrosion
n/a ---Disguise
n/a ---Fluffy
n/a ---Stamina
Battle Bond
n/a ---Triage
n/a ---Wimp Out
n/a ---Dancer
n/a ---Shields Down
n/a ---Innards Out
n/a ---Schooling
n/a ---Receiver
n/a ---Battle Bond
n/a ---RKS System
n/a ---Queenly Majesty
n/a ---Soul Heart
n/a ---Rowlet HA?
n/a ---Litten HA?
n/a ---Popplio HA?
n/a ---Rockruff HA?
n/a ---Pikipek HA?
n/a ---Cutiefly HA?
n/a ---Fomantis HA?
n/a ---Morelull HA?
n/a ---Turtonator HA?
n/a ---Crabrawler HA?
n/a ---Anchor?

It doesn't seem feasible that most species will get something unique as their abilities, so we should expect some mundanities. This foes for UBs as well, which are unlikely to get signature abilities for each different UB.

Still, that leaves only the TCG Urchin, Water Spider, Togedemaru, and Jangmo-o lines without unique Abilities, as far as non-Legends (I'm looking at you, Marshadow) and non-UB's are concerned, which is very impressive.

Where'd this list come from, anyway?

Falo

Actually, file structure changes every generation. Not drastically, but it changes.
XYORAS and Sun&Moon (demo) uses exact the same file structure (for pokemon files).

The only reason why transfering from Sun/Moon to XYORAS is not supported, is because of new pokemon/ability/move/location/... id's, something that is easy to implement, if you want to support something like that. But it's same reason why XY didn't get an update to implement ORAS new pokemon -> force users to get the new game.
And this is what i call lazy, they go the easy road and just simply abandon the old gen.

I see it this way, if i, a hobby dev can program something like that in less than a day with no problems, then why can't game freak do the same?

In regards to why you can only transfer RBY mons to SuMo, wasn't it the Chinese Leak that said:

"Pokemon transferred from VC releases will have pre gen 6 typings/stats" - so like Clefable might be pure normal. Only SuMo, with its coding to understand Regional Variance ie. the Alolan forms differences is really going to be able to handle that, without changing a large amount of integral stuff in the game for pokedexes, hack checks etc.

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
In regards to why you can only transfer RBY mons to SuMo, wasn't it the Chinese Leak that said:

"Pokemon transferred from VC releases will have pre gen 6 typings/stats" - so like Clefable might be pure normal. Only SuMo, with its coding to understand Regional Variance ie. the Alolan forms differences is really going to be able to handle that, without changing a large amount of integral stuff in the game for pokedexes, hack checks etc.

As I said a few posts above you, that was the Real Leaks Leak, but it was in the original post of that leak, not the subsequent ones that may or may not have been from the OP, so that lends credence to it being accurate. And yes, it would make a lot of sense if they were holding off on allowing VC transfers because SuMo are designed to support those variant, which better be called Kantonese.

And yeah, I think people underestimate the sheer amount of work that would go into coding these new forms into the games and adding legality checks for the changes in movepools. And to answer Falo's point of GF being lazy, they aren't just doing this to avoid work. This is also a matter of compatibility. If not everyone downloads the update to support all these new Forms/movepool changes, then it will create issues in online connectivity. Holding off until SuMo and the Bank/Transfer update means not having to deal with any of that messiness.

Edit: The list is from the text datamine. I just added in the empty spaces with no real order. Actual list order should be something completely different. Question marks are just speculations/random guesses.

Edit 2: For others:
-Togedemaru has a former Signature Ability, Iron Barbs, and few Pikaclones got signature abilities, such as Plusle/Minun, which didn't last long.

-Alolan Persian has a former Signature Ability, Fur Coat, and doesn't have much opportunity for a signature ability, design-wise.

-Jangmo-o-line has a former Signature Ability, Bulletproof, and with the exception of Gooey, pseudos don't traditionally get Signature Abilities, but it might get another rare ability like Multiscales.

-TCG Urchin and Bubble Spider can go either. They might have an unique ability, but it is also more likely they will get standard-fare.

-Alolan Vulpix and Alolan Sandshrew seem like they will work with Snow Warning and Ice Body respectively.

-Alolan Grimer and Alolan Rattata are not too drastically different from their original forms besides moves and typing, and can perfectly work with existing abilities, such as Strong Jaw, Stakeout, Thick Fat etc.

-Alolan Dugtrio and Golem are too unknown to us to make heads or tails.

-Alolan Marowak has a signature move and access to Thick Club, so while it can get a signature ability, it would be too redundant.

-Ash-Pikachu suffers from a similar problem to Alolan Dugtrio and Golem, as we don't know how the form change will occur. Battle Bond is not really an answer, due to the fact we have six different forms.

I always figured that Sandshrew and Sandslash's HA would be the Hail equivalent of Sand Rush, seeing as that is their regular forms' HA and they are described as sliding across ice at impressive speeds.

We better get Strong Jaw Ratta/Raticate-A, because Swords Dance + Crunch + Hyper Fang is sooooo much power.

Rock Head Kommo-o could be interesting if Dragon Hammer ends up dealing recoil as some speculate it might, and that line gets it.

Snow Warning is definitely making an appearance on Vulpix/Ninetales-A. It's a perfect lateral move from Drought.

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I dunno if this hasbeen mentioned earlier, but Eggs are now automatically transferred into the PC when your party is full.

GF should've done this a long time ago.
Also, I think it's a good move if the rumors about one of the PokePelago islands allows mass hatching.

Hmmmm Interesting. I mean, I'll miss the rush I feel when hatching a Shiny (I don't usually Masuda, though, so it's only happened 7 times, I think) if there is an Egg hatching island, but my GOD would that be useful, speaking as someone who is breeding some Mons as we speak and who breeds constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.