• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azery

Emphasized chest, bedroom eyes, and wide hips. I would say the hot pink flame patterns too, but I know there are male pokemon with pink so won't add that, but it's considered.

The chest isn't -that- emphasized though it does have bedroom eyes, which are shared with Salandit. Don't really see what you mean with bedroom hips though, the design reminds me more of Heliolisk if anything.

R_N

Honestly, I've been waiting for a pokemon that can entice the same gender.

We need something to shake up the infatuation scene. That ought to do it.

It's weird how Cryogonal learns Attract despite Genderless pokemon not being able to attract either gender.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Emphasized chest, bedroom eyes, and wide hips. I would say the hot pink flame patterns too, but I know there are male pokemon with pink so won't add that, but it's considered.

Huh. Ok, I guess... but it having large hind thighs doesn't equate to femininity here any more than Salandit's do, in my opinion (Salandit has the same hind leg structure, but I haven't seen anyone saying it looks feminine). And emphasized chest is stretching it...and bedroom eyes? I don't think this thing looks like its trying to seduce me.

Well, now I know. I still don't see it, though. It seems kind of arbitrary, to be honest.

There's also the fact that Salandit's bio specifically talks about the female ones and their toxic gases.

I am well aware of that fact. It doesn't mean the females will get special treatment, though. I mean, female Unfezant are said to be better fliers, but this is not reflected in their stats, Abilities, or movepool.

TyLogic

It's weird how Cryogonal learns Attract despite Genderless pokemon not being able to attract either gender.

Mew can too if I'm correct. If the probability of hurting yourself in confusion has been lowered (only speculation), is it possible that they changed infatuation as well?

knightwolf09

The chest isn't -that- emphasized though it does have bedroom eyes, which are shared with Salandit. Don't really see what you mean with bedroom hips though, the design reminds me more of Heliolisk if anything.

I thought Salandit's eyes were supposed to be mischievous and evil looking, cause it is a bandit. Also Heliolisk's hips are a lot slimmer.

There's also the fact that Salandit's bio specifically talks about the female ones and their toxic gases.

Yeah, I bought that up. But apparently it doesn't matter.

R_N

Mew can too if I'm correct. If the probability of hurting yourself in confusion has been lowered (only speculation), is it possible that they changed infatuation as well?

Mew can too but that's different. Mew learns all the TMs (& move tutors, iirc). That's always been its gimmick.

I'd like it if Attract got changed (& maybe a few other genderless pokemon can get it too), but I'm not sure if that's something would be in the datamine.

TyLogic

I thought Salandit's eyes were supposed to be mischievous and evil looking, cause it is a bandit. Also Heliolisk's hips are a lot slimmer.

Yeah, I bought that up. But apparently it doesn't matter.

Speaking of flavor text;

If Salandit wasn't officially revealed, and instead was figured out through the data mine along with Salandit's evolution, would some people still consider it feminine? I mean, I think that it's the flavor text along with some rumors and fake leaks that fueled that belief anyway.

My answer: Kind of. It does have the eyes, the extended chest and the hips.

SM can be downloaded now.
View attachment 16244

Where did you find this?

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

R_N

Speaking of that pastebin, scriesm posted it and also a trainer datamine. Only the demo trainers are in there, no worries there but I found this amusing http://pastebin.com/3ubV2eQc

Pokemon: 2
Pikipek (Lv. 36) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Rock Smash/Supersonic/Fury Attack/(None)) IVs: 31/0/31/31/0/0 EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0
Rockruff (Lv. 36) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Bite/Howl/(None)/(None)) IVs: 31/0/31/31/0/0 EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0

Lass Ellie's not messing around here.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Speaking of that pastebin, scriesm posted it and also a trainer datamine. Only the demo trainers are in there, no worries there but I found this amusing http://pastebin.com/3ubV2eQc

Pikipek (Lv. 36) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Rock Smash/Supersonic/Fury Attack/(None)) IVs: 31/0/31/31/0/0 EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0
Rockruff (Lv. 36) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Bite/Howl/(None)/(None)) IVs: 31/0/31/31/0/0 EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0

... Wow. I'm surprised they just didn't give her Pokémon 0 IVs all around.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Wow...I hope this is continued in the main game. Standard classes, like Lasses, Youngsters, Hikers, etc., always had IV's of 0 across the board before, so I wouldn't mind beefed up bulk or power here and there.

Also, if the Alolan Champ isn't Lass Ellie, we riot!

Sulfurian

So what are your thoughts on designs that have "gender oriented" pokemon? For example the new fire/poison evolution or Popplio's final form. For me, it doesn't bother me all that much to just get a female just due to matching the feminine design. Or how male oriented Incineroar is. Should GF focus on more neutral designs or are you okay with matching the gender with the design?

TyLogic

Since Decidueye has an unexpected secondary typing, I wonder what other Pokemon will have unexpected types. Maybe the anchor could be Dark/Steel, or the Toucan could be Grass/Flying.

Side Note: Guess what Pokemon I just remembered existed-Qwilfish.
Qwilfish is an easily forgotten Pokemon (in my opinion). Let's hope that Komala doesn't have the same fate. (Though it seems highly possible)

R_N

Wow...I hope this is continued in the main game. Standard classes, like Lasses, Youngsters, Hikers, etc., always had IV's of 0 across the board before, so I wouldn't mind beefed up bulk or power here and there.

Also, if the Alolan Champ isn't Lass Ellie, we riot!

I'll try to track down the tweet, but KazoWar says the trainer stuff got updated to include a lot more factors, too. Could wind up with some interesting random trainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.