• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I'll try to track down the tweet, but KazoWar says the trainer stuff got updated to include a lot more factors, too. Could wind up with some interesting random trainers.

Hmmmm I like the sound of that! 31 in Attack (and maybe some EV's in there, too) for Black Belts, HP/Def for Hikers, SpA /SpD for Psychics and Hex Maniacs. There's definitely potential in this.

R_N

Hmmmm I like the sound of that! 31 in Attack (and maybe some EV's in there, too) for Black Belts, HP/Def for Hikers, SpA /SpD for Psychics and Hex Maniacs. There's definitely potential in this.

yeah here we go
trpoke in gen7 can now set Nature, full EV spread, full IV spread, shiny flag, just like ability/gender/form/item from past gens.
i think before evs & ivs were just all or nothing? or baked into specific trainer stats? whatever

TyLogic

That would definitely make things more challenging. Though I wish they would just bring back Challenge Mode.

Agreed.

I hope that the Kahunas don't use a maximum of only three Pokemon. However, it seems very likely so far.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
yeah here we go

i think before evs & ivs were just all or nothing? or baked into specific trainer stats? whatever

Typically, like I said, Standard trainers were 0 across the board, and E4 Members, Champions, and N (and I think the Team Leaders) were 30 across the board. Grunts are all 3, Ace Trainers are all 6 o7 (I think), I know the Kimono Girls in HG/SS were 18 across the board. So IV's varied by class, basically.

EV's were always 0, so if they alter that, it could bring about some challenge (we'll probably still breeze through most of it, though).

Of course, that all only applies to Trainers outside of Battle Facilities, as Maison, Tower, Istitute, etc. Trainers were fully EV'd and IV'd.

Agreed.

I hope that the Kahunas don't use a maximum of only three Pokemon. However, it seems very likely so far.

I'll be fine with it if the post-game really does involve 8 Gyms and an E4/Champ with fuller Teams.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
So what are your thoughts on designs that have "gender oriented" pokemon? For example the new fire/poison evolution or Popplio's final form. For me, it doesn't bother me all that much to just get a female just due to matching the feminine design. Or how male oriented Incineroar is. Should GF focus on more neutral designs or are you okay with matching the gender with the design?
My favorite pokemon are pretty much always ones based on animals, and ideally I prefer any gender attributes they have be ones found in the actual animal rather than ones copied from humans. On that note Incineroar's main body being so humanoid and male humanoid for that matter is my main problem with it. Primarina is rather more blatantly feminine than I'd prefer, but at least it is not remotely humanoid (beyond again, the human feminine features).

But I wouldn't go as far as to say that GF "should" focus on animal designs, just that those are the ones I prefer. Obviously pokemon benefits from its diverse designs to appeal to a lot of people, even if it means many fans are turned off by certain design choices (object-based pokemon for instance). That said, starters get a lot more scrutiny there and individually should appeal to as wide a range of people as possible.

Last edited:

R_N

So what are your thoughts on designs that have "gender oriented" pokemon? For example the new fire/poison evolution or Popplio's final form. For me, it doesn't bother me all that much to just get a female just due to matching the feminine design. Or how male oriented Incineroar is. Should GF focus on more neutral designs or are you okay with matching the gender with the design?

Sometimes I think it's a bit silly but if it lends itself to an interesting design its fine. I like the elegant lady gardevoir and primarina is super super cool, incireoar is one of my favorite humanoid designs of that type. Thigh high boot super punishing queen plant Tsareena is absurd & is one in a string of designs that just makes me think someone on the design staff should be kink shamed a little more, but it's so absurd and out of nowhere its charming. Did ANYONE expect bounsweet to go this route?

Usually my problem more lies in the humanoid pokemon, in general. And that's more on the level of "these are like 5-6 feet animals that look and kind of act like humans" and that is weeeeeeird. Like Machoke? Weird! Jynx? Hooooooooooooo. I just said I dig Gardevoir but it's still pretty weird.
And then it's only made worse when they were things like clothing but aren't? Have you taken a second to consider what Gardevoir's "dress" really is? Fur? Is it skin?
Pokk%C3%A9n_Gardevoir.png

pokken's renders aren't helping here

and then you put them into pokemonamie or in the anime and its all very awkward

Inciroar & Primarina don't bug me as much because they've got a lot of animalistic characteristics to balance it. Primarinia more so than Inciniroar

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Sometimes I think it's a bit silly but if it lends itself to an interesting design its fine. I like the elegant lady gardevoir and primarina is super super cool, incireoar is one of my favorite humanoid designs of that type. Thigh high boot super punishing queen plant Tsareena is absurd & is one in a string of designs that just makes me think someone on the design staff should be kink shamed a little more, but it's so absurd and out of nowhere its charming. Did ANYONE expect bounsweet to go this route?

Usually my problem more lies in the humanoid pokemon, in general. And that's more on the level of "these are like 5-6 feet animals that look and kind of act like humans" and that is weeeeeeird. Like Machoke? Weird! Jynx? Hooooooooooooo. I just said I dig Gardevoir but it's still pretty weird.
And then it's only made worse when they were things like clothing but aren't? Have you taken a second to consider what Gardevoir's "dress" really is? Fur? Is it skin?

pokken's renders aren't helping here

and then you put them into pokemonamie or in the anime and its all very awkward

Inciroar & Primarina don't bug me as much because they've got a lot of animalistic characteristics to balance it. Primarinia more so than Inciniroar

I'm with you, and Tsareena is definitely the result of someone spending too much time ogling Jeanne from Bayonetta.

I don't care if people see a design as more feminine or masculine, as long as its a good, well thought out creature.

Oh, and while I can agree on Tsareena being weird (I like her fine, but she's a bit odd), I will likely use one anyway seeing as it will mean getting to raise a Steenee, and Steenee is the best.

I apologize if this has been brought up before, I haven't been keeping on top of the threads, but with the data mine showing an image of earth, what if the Ultra Beasts are from earth? What if they are all random objects/critters, etc from earth that come from our dimension to the Pokémon world, and in the process become like Pokémon?

Considering the games keep track of the real-world countries and sub-regions for every single Pokémon (of the OT and up to five intermediate traders) since Gen VI, the image of Earth might also be used for visualisation of this data.

R_N

Considering the games keep track of the real-world countries and sub-regions for every single Pokémon (of the OT and up to five intermediate traders) since Gen VI, the image of Earth might also be used for visualisation of this data.

Oh so something like a return of the GTS Globe from gen 4
that was a neat thing I had actualyl forgotten all about until now.

Arcanineblitz

Why are people saying that a virtual lizard is giving them bedroom eyes and seducing them with their "hips" chill out not everything has to be gendered it's a children's game I doubt the designers were like "yup lingerie and bedroom eyes for the lizard to trick all day mens" geez

glacialcat

Why are people saying that a virtual lizard is giving them bedroom eyes and seducing them with their "hips" chill out not everything has to be gendered it's a children's game I doubt the designers were like "yup lingerie and bedroom eyes for the lizard to trick all day mens" geez

W...ell...

"Salandit females not only release toxic gases, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pokémon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit’s will. "

That's all I'm saying.

K-kitsune

W...ell...

"Salandit females not only release toxic gases, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pokémon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit’s will. "

That's all I'm saying.

So ya'll have inhaled imaginary pheromones are are seduced by a lizard? Yikes.

Poppi

Are we kinkshaming in this thread now?
Jokes aside, I don't see where the whole lingerie thing came from. The static sprite makes it kind of hard to judge.

Creyk

Hey guys, there was this batch of info about which pokemon is found on which island but I can't find it now.
Do we know which island Wimpod is on, can someone tell.
I really want one on my team ASAP because it's evolution is one of the best pokemon designs ever created. And I love bug types.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Hey guys, there was this batch of info about which pokemon is found on which island but I can't find it now.
Do we know which island Wimpod is on, can someone tell.
I really want one on my team ASAP because it's evolution is one of the best pokemon designs ever created. And I love bug types.

It is found in Akala and Poni Islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.