• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
Oh wow, I'm starting to set up teams based off of this. Imagine getting a Bagon super early on, that'd be incredible! Though it'll probably be in an area that's unreachable till later in the game after you get certain pokeride features to reach it ; ;

Bus

Oh wow, I'm starting to set up teams based off of this. Imagine getting a Bagon super early on, that'd be incredible! Though it'll probably be in an area that's unreachable till later in the game after you get certain pokeride features to reach it ; ;

We were able to get Bagon before the 2nd gym in Pokemon X/Y, so I don't think it'll be impossible. Heck, thanks to the 2 Star Resturaunt in the major pokemon X city, I had a Flygon, Tyrantrum, Haxorus, Dragalge, and Garchomp before taking on that city's gym. I could have had Salamance, too, but I've never cared too much for its design, so I skipped it. I'm running an all dragon team for my final run through of Pokemon Y until Moon gets here lol.

Julia Artemis

We were able to get Bagon before the 2nd gym in Pokemon X/Y, so I don't think it'll be impossible. Heck, thanks to the 2 Star Resturaunt in the major pokemon X city, I had a Flygon, Tyrantrum, Haxorus, Dragalge, and Garchomp before taking on that city's gym. I could have had Salamance, too, but I've never cared too much for its design, so I skipped it. I'm running an all dragon team for my final run through of Pokemon Y until Moon gets here lol.

Doing the same thing in X but with a Ghost team of Jellicient, Chandelure, Golurk, Spiritomb, Eviolite Pumpkaboo, and Frosslass. Really wished I could use Mimikyu on that team but obviously I can't

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So, are we really gonna have to wait until release to get the names and types of the remaining pokemon?

I just wanna know who the Ice-types are. That's it.

Bus

So, are we really gonna have to wait until release to get the names and types of the remaining pokemon?

I just wanna know who the Ice-types are. That's it.

Unless that weird air sac/bubble spider is part ice, I think the only Ice types are going to be Icy Vulpix, Icy Sandrew, and (more than likely) Crabrawler's evo. we may have an Ultra Beast that's part Ice, but I feel like you're talking more about the 'regular' catchable guys. Not that that's too bad; 3 is still good, but those are the only ones that really seem to be screaming 'Ice' with their designs thus far.

knightwolf09

There are no fossil items indexed, new or old.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alola was one of those island places that have creatures that are known to be extinct everywhere else like in movies

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

After seeing this I'm tempted to replace Kommo-o on my team. All the rest of the Pokemon I plan on taking are available on the first 2 islands but Kommo-o isn't available until the fourth which I'm assuming is near the end of the game. I don't want to have to wait that long to finish my team. I'm not sure what I'll replace it with. Probably Drampa as it was one of my original choices or Crabrawler as Fighting-types are usually a good type to have on the team.

Julia Artemis

Where do you get the idea that there will be chatchable fossil pokemon as opposed to them being fossils as per usual?

There are shown in the dex for Akala. Also since there is no listing for Fossils in the datamine it seems very possible that they can be caught. Unless they are given to us as gift Pokemon

Orphalesion

There are shown in the dex for Akala. Also since there is no listing for Fossils in the datamine it seems very possible that they can be caught. Unless they are given to us as gift Pokemon
Tyrunt and Amaura are in the Coastal Kalos dex...which is the region, in game, where their fossils are found.

But since there are no fossil items...yeah maybe they're gift pokemon?

Grey Wind

Unless that weird air sac/bubble spider is part ice, I think the only Ice types are going to be Icy Vulpix, Icy Sandrew, and (more than likely) Crabrawler's evo. we may have an Ultra Beast that's part Ice, but I feel like you're talking more about the 'regular' catchable guys. Not that that's too bad; 3 is still good, but those are the only ones that really seem to be screaming 'Ice' with their designs thus far.
I can't really see the bubble spider being part Ice, I think it'll just be Water/Bug. Crabrawler's evo and the two Alola forms are probably it.

There are no fossil items indexed, new or old.
Oh, really? I hadn't heard that. That's pretty cool then if we end up being able to capture them in the wild, I wonder if they'll draw attention to it at all. Some sort of Jurassic Park type nature preserve would be sweet (although there are only four families...).

Gift Pokemon is a possibility too, yeah, although including a bunch of random fossils as gifts seems kind of odd.

Bus

That's a shame. With an island where its actually possible to catch prehistoric pokemon, you'd think they'd capitalize on that along with the new 'Alola form' feature and give us an Alola version of Kabuto & Omanyte. Assuming that they aren't just gifts, that is. If they are indeed fossils again, but we don't have the fossil items listed, then that would open up quite the number of possibilities. Chances are, though, it's some kind of 'Jurassic Park' part of the island. Who knows, they may be super rare captures in this game's version of a Safari Zone or something.

Last edited:

R_N

Tyrunt and Amaura are in the Coastal Kalos dex...which is the region, in game, where their fossils are found.

But since there are no fossil items...yeah maybe they're gift pokemon?

We had assumed that any time a "wild" fossil was shown in footage it was just staged, but now I'm thinking they are just out in the wild.

Orphalesion

That's a shame. With an island where its actually possible to catch prehistoric pokemon, you'd think they'd capitalize on that along with the new 'Alola form' feature and give us an Alola version of Kabuto & Omanyte. Assuming that they aren't just gifts, that is. If they are indeed fossils again, but we don't have the fossil items listed, then that would open up quite the number of possibilities. Chances are, though, it's some kind of 'Jurassic Park' for an island. Who knows, they may be super rare captures in this game's version of a Safari Zone or something.

But why only use the Sinnoh and Unova fossils plus Aerodactyl then? Seems like a waste in that they could have used the other six as well... And another missed opportunity to give them "primeval" forms with different typings and such...

Oh well, catchable fossils would be cool in any way, but I'm not getting my hopes up until we get confirmation when the game releases.

Also do you guys think that the fossils will be version exclusive with Moon having one Sinnoh Fossil and one Unova Fossil and Sun having the other two?

Last edited:

Novembre

That's pretty interesting if we can catch fossil Pokémon in the wild. We can catch them with the type of ball we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.