• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulfurian

Out of curiousity, are owls known to be speedy birds? For the most part it seems like most owls are stationary. Considering when Rowlet fully evolved he traded flight with his wings more for using them as a bow, which might make him slower. It's a possibility, though with his long legs and talons I could see him jump from tree to tree. Maybe his hidden ability doubles his speed in grassy terrian

DSDark

Breeder
The person meant what website which I would also like to know.

Yeah I'm wondering where there is a picture of this or where the post is with this information. I was on 4chan earlier and saw all the other information expect hala

Xuxuba

would you be so kind to stop hating on it then, since you don't care either way ? thanks.

I personally don't care for his speed bc i'm not using it and i would be happy if i saw more people using Primarina, but there are friends of mine who are chosing Rowlet and i feel sad for them, i was not "hating" on the pokemon, just criticizing the unnecessary decision of making his speed so low.

Last edited:

Oni Dekopin

That person wasn't hating on anything. They were just explaining that they think primarina would be the best given the current chain of thought and how that makes them happy. I think we should all just chill out until we get the final evo stats for real. The middle evo isn't always indicative of the final evo's stats.

no, he was saying that decidueye being " slow " would not make sense and that it would become mediocre anyway.

I'm happy he likes primarina.

But stating decidueye will be unusable at this point is just plain wrong.

Sulfurian

no, he was saying that decidueye being " slow " would not make sense and that it would become mediocre anyway.

Especially with his signature move, we don't know if it traps the target even after switching out. Which would be huge.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Out of curiousity, are owls known to be speedy birds? For the most part it seems like most owls are stationary. Considering when Rowlet fully evolved he traded flight with his wings more for using them as a bow, which might make him slower. It's a possibility, though with his long legs and talons I could see him jump from tree to tree. Maybe his hidden ability doubles his speed in grassy terrian
Owls are not known for being speedy birds, no. They're not like falcons or hawks or anything like that. I think someone in the starter thread mentioned owls are more known for stealth than speed.

I wasn't expecting anything more than 90 base speed for Decidueye anyway.

Also, for comparison's sake, Noctowl only has like 70 base speed.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
People were thinking it'd be reasonably fast based on its non-bulky appearance and the emphasis on its attack speed in its lore. As for real owls, they are not the fastest of birds but they aren't slow either, a quick search online gets a claim of speeds exceeding 50 miles per hour for snowy owls (though they rarely fly that fast).

Xuxuba

I was talking about how the defensive potential of a pokemon with 95 def/sp def + ghost/grass typing possibly not being as hight as some people suggested it would be and not actually hating the pokemon in general but whatever i can't really control what people think of me

Last edited:

Oni Dekopin

I was talking about how the defensive potential of a pokemon with 95 def/sp def + ghost/grass typing possibly not being all that good as a defensive pokemon like many people suggested it would be and not actually hating the pokemon in general but whatever i can't really control what people think of me

I don't agree with this statement either. Lets just agree to disagree. ;) Hope you'll have a great time with popplio and its evos.

.Aerodactyl.

Someone on another thread pointed out that Decidueye outsped an Alolan Raichu in a trailer...

I mean, it doesn't mean much since we don't know alolan raichu's stats either, but regular Raichu had 110 speed, so it's likely that alolan Raichu is still reasonably high. Just a thought for those wondering about Decidueye...

Mind you the trailer videos probably have low stats for the victim Pokémon and perfect t IV's for the ones showcased in these scenarios. So who knows really.

Oni Dekopin

Aren't you a decidueye fan though? Why are you so against me wishing for them to give Decidueye better stats despite me preferring Primarina?

Because I still think that its hidden ability could define it and that grass/ghost isn't "that" bad defensively.

Or maybe it's just that I like bulky pokemon. Also, priority moves do exist.

Just to be clear, I'm not against you. Case closed.

We have a different point of view, which is perfectly fine.

Sulfurian

Someone on another thread pointed out that Decidueye outsped an Alolan Raichu in a trailer...

I mean, it doesn't mean much since we don't know alolan raichu's stats either, but regular Raichu had 110 speed, so it's likely that alolan Raichu is still reasonably high. Just a thought for those wondering about Decidueye...

Mind you the trailer videos probably have low stats for the victim Pokémon and perfect t IV's for the ones showcased in these scenarios. So who knows really.

Actually many trailers have pokemon with 0 ivs, least in hp. So I would assume the other stats are 0

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

I think it's likely Alolan Raichu is just slower than Kanto Raichu, but it can't be that much slower.

That should give Decidueye fans some hope, at least. :)

Xuxuba

Because I still think that its hidden ability could define it and that grass/ghost isn't "that" bad defensively.

Or maybe it's just that I like bulky pokemon. Also, priority moves do exist.

Just to be clear, I'm not against you. Case closed.

We have a different point of view, which is perfectly fine.

Okay, but i just said that it would make more sense to give it more speed and that having 5 weaknesses, 4 of them being extremely common, makes it unlikely to be bulky, i'm not sure why you said i was hating on the pokemon and that i should stop posting about him. If anything the fact that i wanted him to have better stats shows that i do not hate him.

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
How long ago was the leakers last post? On the archives it says around 15:20 but not sure if that's 15:20 my region, or their region.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Salandit evolves into Salazzle

Wimpod evolves into Golisopod, its typing is Bug/Water

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.