• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pOlarizer

I'm fairly certain the ingame text for Schooling will specifically state it works with Wishiwashi.

Yeah probably something like that. Which other abilities can't be traced?

The idea is pretty funny though, Gardevoir looking all pretty and then being surrounded and squished by a school of Wishiwashi. I can imagine a comic strip

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Names I'm ok with this gen:

Lycanroc
Stufful
Cutiefly
Litten
Rowlet

Names I'm not ok with this gen:

The rest of them
Wait, so you're telling me you're ok with fricking Cutiefly and yet not names like Primarina, Mudsdale, etc?

Gohankuten

Yeah probably something like that. Which other abilities can't be traced?

The idea is pretty funny though, Gardevoir looking all pretty and then being surrounded and squished by a school of Wishiwashi. I can imagine a comic strip

You just made the comic strip a reality cause you put the idea out into the internet.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Names I'm ok with this gen:

Lycanroc
Stufful
Cutiefly
Litten
Rowlet

Names I'm not ok with this gen:

The rest of them

Hush yo mouth! Primarina, Toucannon, Salazzle, Cosmog, Steenee (such an adorable name), Drampa, etc. We have a ton of great names!

Honestly, the only one I'm not a fan of is Incineroar, but only because we just got Pyroar last Gen.

Last edited:

Gohankuten

Hush yo mouth! Primarina, Toucannon, Salazzle, Cosmog, Steenne (such an adorable name), Drampa, etc. We have a ton of great names!

Honestly, the only one I'm not a fan of is Incineroar, but only because we just got Pyroar last Gen.

Gotta correct you its Steenee not Steenne. Otherwise I agree we got a ton of great names this gen and awesome designs as well which help make up for the lack of new mons.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
Yep, Vikavolt, Fomantis, Wishiwashi, Minnior, Crabrawler, that new spider, wimpod and evo, are all really good designs, there are more good designs this gen than last gen. the only good designs last gen was clawitzer, talonflame and Tyrantrum.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Toucannon and Salazzle have to be two of my least favorite names.

Weird, because I think they work well, mostly because the root words flow together so effortlessly.

Gotta correct you its Steenee not Steenne. Otherwise I agree we got a ton of great names this gen and awesome designs as well which help make up for the lack of new mons.

Oops, Typo :p I fixed it (I know it's Steenee. The double long "e" sounds are make the name so cute!)

Obh

Damn Decidueye ending up a slow mixed attacker. Would need a really great HA to be competitive from here.

Maybe it will get quiver dance, a good set up move to go with spirit shackle could be fun. Does the Japanese name for quiver dance apply? I assume they were going for the other sort of quiver.

ebevan91

"Cutiefly" is the biggest offender so far this gen IMO.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Damn Decidueye ending up a slow mixed attacker. Would need a really great HA to be competitive from here.

Maybe it will get quiver dance, a good set up move to go with spirit shackle could be fun. Does the Japanese name for quiver dance apply? I assume they were going for the other sort of quiver.

Quiver Dance is Butterfly Dance in Japanese, so not really :(

Sulfurian

If you're effective at predictions and make great use of Spirit Shackle, the speed doesn't matter as much

R_N

Quiver Dance is Butterfly Dance in Japanese, so not really :(

and even if it wasn't I doubt Decidueye would ever get it for the same reasons Blastoise won't get Shell Smash: it's an amazing move designed for lets say...subpar pokemon.

Probably not a coincidence that the best pokemon to get it is Volcarona, with its horrendous x4 rock weakness (and water weakness but whatever).

pOlarizer

If you're effective at predictions and make great use of Spirit Shackle, the speed doesn't matter as much

Hopefully Spirit Shackle locks the opponent in even if you switch Decidueye out

Would also be great if Decidueye can get Focus Blast to give the normal type switch in a surprise

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
and even if it wasn't I doubt Decidueye would ever get it for the same reasons Blastoise won't get Shell Smash: it's an amazing move designed for lets say...subpar pokemon.

Probably not a coincidence that the best pokemon to get it is Volcarona, with its horrendous x4 rock weakness (and water weakness but whatever).

Yeah, pretty much. All that being said, Decidueye is at least liable to get Swords Dance, so it could make for effective Wallbreaker, especially thanks to Spirit Shackle's effect (which I hope carries over to Sinister Arrow Raid). I think it will at least have a nice niche somewhere in the meta, but its movepool and HA will have to be pretty impressive for it to make its way up to OU.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I hope so too, and i hope brione and primarina are also all female too, bouncesweet and evos should all be all female too,cutiefly and morelul and comfey should be all female too. Dartrix and decidueye and incineroar should be all male.

Hate to burst your bubble because I saw female Rowlet and male Popplio in a Battle Royal screenshot. Starters will likely keep the 87.5% males to 12.5% females ratio.

Bounsweet line could be female-only or at least be a gender ratio that favours females.

Status
Not open for further replies.