• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
Hate to burst your bubble because I saw female Rowlet and male Popplio in a Battle Royal screenshot. Starters will likely keep the 87.5% males to 12.5% females ratio.

Bounsweet line could be female-only or at least be a gender ratio that favours females.

Im still hoping only female poplio will evolve to brione and primarina, male popplio will remain poplio forever. 87.5% male would be stupid for a pokemon like primarina or brione. they got it right with pokemon like liligant.

noakai

Im still hoping only female poplio will evolve to brione and primarina, male popplio will remain poplio forever. 87.5% male would be stupid for a pokemon like primarina or brione. they got it right with pokemon like liligant.

They are never going to make it so that a starter can't fully evolve. No way.

Sulfurian

Eh, I'll just do what I did for meganium, serperior, and delphox. Reset till female

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well, i wont play popplio, precisely because of this.

That's silly. I don't see why the gender of a Pokemon is such a big issue. The only time it bothers me is when I'm breeding for a specific Pokemon with a specific gender like Snorunt or Ralts who can only evolve into Froslass and Gallade if female and male respectively. Only thing gender affects in-game is Cute Charm and Attract. Literally it.

Of course it can be an issue if you want to nickname it a masculine/feminine name, but even then it really shouldn't matter.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
OK, so I did stat calcs. I took into account each Mon's Nature, looked at min/max values, looked at the trends of their pre-Evos' stats (when possible), and I came up with these rough estimates:

Decidueye:
HP: 90
ATK: 100
DEF: 80
SPA: 100
SPD: 100
SPE: 60

Think Venusaur, only slower, Physically stronger, a bit bulkier, and packing Priority. I actually see serious Wallbreaking potential here, especially when you factor in the possibility of Swords Dance.

Gumshoos:
HP: 85
ATK: 120
DEF: 60
SPA: 60
SPD: 60
SPE: 40

Slooooow, and not too bulky, but that Attack + Stakeout will hurt a LOT.

Toucannon:
ATK: 125
DEF: 70
SPA: 80
SPD: 70
SPE: 75

Welp, looks like someone's getting themselves a Choice Scarf.

Lurantis:
HP: 80
ATK: 110
DEF: 85
SPD: 95
SPE: 55

Basically a Physical version of Vileplume. Neat.

Wishiwashi:
Solo Form:

HP: 50
ATK: 25
DEF: 20
SPA: 15
SPD: 20
SPE: 50

School Form:

ATK: 150
DEF: 140
SPA: 140
SPD: 140
SPE: 35

This thing's Solo Form makes Magikarp look threatening in comparison, but its School Form looks like it might just pull a Slaking and be rocking a 680 BST (seeing as my rough calcs place it at 555, but I could see it actually see it getting 150 in everything but HP and Speed.)

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
That's silly. I don't see why the gender of a Pokemon is such a big issue. The only time it bothers me is when I'm breeding for a specific Pokemon with a specific gender like Snorunt or Ralts who can only evolve into Froslass and Gallade if female and male respectively. Only thing gender affects in-game is Cute Charm and Attract. Literally it.

Of course it can be an issue if you want to nickname it a masculine/feminine name, but even then it really shouldn't matter.

It shouldn't matter, but it does because they designed it to look female. if they had designed it without looking female, there would be no problem. they should have never designed it that way.

Wishiwashi looks good, lurantis looks bad, fomantis will be even worse.

Last edited:

BCVM22

It doesn't matter, though. Don't try and impose your social views on people who have no problem with it.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
It shouldn't matter, but it does because they designed it to look female. if they had designed it without looking female, there would be no problem. they should have never designed it that way.

They based it off of a purely female creature, a Siren. Of course it's going to look like it's very feminine, but does that mean it should be 100% female? No. Gardevoir, Lopunny, and friends all look very feminine yet can be male too. There's no problem with it, and they designed it the way they felt was fitting. Your personal issue with it shouldn't mean that it should be one way or the other.

Besides that we don't even know what it's gender ratio is and they've broken so many norms with gen 7 that we could get a mostly female starter.

pOlarizer

OK, so I did stat calcs. I took into account each Mon's Nature, looked at min/max values, looked at the trends of their pre-Evos' stats (when possible), and I came up with these rough estimates:

Decidueye:
HP: 90
ATK: 100
DEF: 80
SPA: 100
SPD: 100
SPE: 60

Think Venusaur, only slower, Physically stronger, a bit bulkier, and packing Priority. I actually see serious Wallbreaking potential here, especially when you factor in the possibility of Swords Dance.

Gumshoos:
ATK: 120
DEF: 60
SPA: 60
SPD: 60
SPE: 40

Slooooow, and not too bulky, but that Attack + Stakeout will hurt a LOT.

Toucannon:
ATK: 125
DEF: 70
SPD: 70
SPE: 75

Welp, looks like someone's getting themselves a Choice Scarf.

Lurantis:
HP: 80
ATK: 110
DEF: 85
SPD: 95
SPE: 55

Basically a Physical version of Vileplume. Neat.

Wishiwashi:
Solo Form:

ATK: 25
DEF: 20
SPA: 15
SPD: 20
SPE: 50

School Form:

ATK: 150
DEF: 140
SPA: 140
SPD: 140
SPE: 35

This thing's Solo Form makes Magikarp look threatening in comparison, but its School Form looks like it might just pull a Slaking and be rocking a 680 BST (seeing as my rough calcs place it at 555, but I could see it actually see it getting 150 in everything but HP and Speed.)

Wait, Decidueye has priority?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Wait, Decidueye has priority?

Yeah! It can learn Sucker Punch. Between that and Spirit Shackle, it's going to have a lot of fun trapping and then outpacing its enemies.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
It doesn't matter, though. Don't try and impose your social views on people who have no problem with it.

Agree. This gender issue is kinda nonsense to me tho and we don't have power to change anything btw.
The game may not satisfy everyone. You just have to accept what you might not like.... other people also do the same.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Cool, since it is going mixed and bulky I guess it would be good to go with a -Speed nature? Where would the boost go though?

I tink that the standard set will go Adamant and be purely Physical, actually, with the Mixed and Special Variants seeing less play.

pOlarizer

I tink that the standard set will go Adamant and be purely Physical, actually, with the Mixed and Special Variants seeing less play.

Ohh missed the point that Spirit Shackle is physical. What physical grass move does it learn other than Leafage?

All it needs to round off its moveset is Yawn/Hypnosis/(Some fighting move for coverage)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Decidueye's speed is far too low for most conventional wall-breakers in UU/RU like Hydreigon, Haxorus, Nidos, etc.

I can't see it being much use besides NU-PU as a wall-breaker.

Rest of its moves and most importantly its HA will make or break it seems.

(It will likely be very good in-game like Torterra however.)

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Ohh missed the point that Spirit Shackle is physical. What physical grass move does it learn other than Leafage?

All it needs to round off its moveset is Yawn/Hypnosis/(Some fighting move for coverage)

It also gets Razor Leaf, but beyond that, Leaf Blade seems inevitable on it at this point.

Decidueye's speed is far too low for most conventional wall-breakers in UU/RU like Hydreigon, Haxorus, Nidos, etc.

I can't see it being much use besides NU-PU as a wall-breaker.

Rest of its moves and most importantly its HA will make or break it seems.

(It will likely be very good in-game like Torterra however.)

You're right...ish. I think Spirit Shackle will help elevate it as it seriously hinders the opponent, and makes Decidueye difficult to switch in on, since it will trap opponent's preventing double-switches, thereby easing the user's switch-ins.

That said, it's HA will be important, as you said, as it could make or break its viability outside of say RU.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Aolan Dugrtio is Ground/Steel. Because of this it automatically becomes part of my team. I found out Onix/Steelix and Nidoran line are not in the games. As I previously stated I need a Ground/Steel Pokemon.

Who else but glorious master Dugtrio!

Status
Not open for further replies.