• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galvantula1992

Salandit's evolution is called Salazzle and remains Poison/Fire.

Hopefully we'll find out about Morelull's evolution to see if it's Poison/Fairy or not today! I'm also really intrigued to find out about the typings of the crown of thorns, the bell spider and the anchor!

shadowF

pOlarizer

Salandit's evolution is called Salazzle and remains Poison/Fire.

Hopefully we'll find out about Morelull's evolution to see if it's Poison/Fairy or not today! I'm also really intrigued to find out about the typings of the crown of thorns, the bell spider and the anchor!

Shiinoptic (Morelull evo) is already confirmed grass/fairy

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
We have ourselves a Popplio:

KRQKuTB.png

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Looks like Pikipek keeps its Normal/Flying type upon fully evolving. Such a waste IMO. We have loads of them already and I don't see Toucannon being any better than Staraptor, one of the only good non-Mega Normal/Flying Pokemon (that I can remember). Also if only female Salandit are capable of evolving, I'm okay with that as long as it doesn't have an abysmal male to female ratio the way Combee does. That would be horrific especially for those like myself who want a shiny one.

As for Decidueye's poor speed, it's quite surprising and a bit disappointing considering it looks like it would be a fast Pokemon. I'm not overly fussed though. As its defensive and has Spirit Shackle, it'll fit perfectly into the team I'm working on so that's cool for me.

Sulfurian

I tink that the standard set will go Adamant and be purely Physical, actually, with the Mixed and Special Variants seeing less play.
If the attacking stats are equal, I could see mixed being used more than you think, firing off leaf storms among physical other moves

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Since the data miners have their hands on the games now, and Lurantis is edging on the main part of the plot, I think this is my queue to bounce, time to log out until the 23rd, bye bye guys.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
Looks like Pikipek keeps its Normal/Flying type upon fully evolving. Such a waste IMO. We have loads of them already and I don't see Toucannon being any better than Staraptor, one of the only good non-Mega Normal/Flying Pokemon (that I can remember). Also if only female Salandit are capable of evolving, I'm okay with that as long as it doesn't have an abysmal male to female ratio the way Combee does. That would be horrific especially for those like myself who want a shiny one.

As for Decidueye's poor speed, it's quite surprising and a bit disappointing considering it looks like it would be a fast Pokemon. I'm not overly fussed though. As its defensive and has Spirit Shackle, it'll fit perfectly into the team I'm working on so that's cool for me.

toucannons attack stat is higher than even staraptor, i still like staraptor better. Toucannon looks more like a status user than a battle pokemon, Staraptor looks like a proper battle pokemon.

noakai

Starter Stats and Moves datamine video from SciresM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wns5m7yA2CM

Incineroar ends up slower than Decidueye apparently but they say the starters this gen average out to below 70 in terms of speed, even Primarina is slow. Primarina's HA turns all "sound based" moves to Water-type.

Last edited:

pOlarizer

toucannons attack stat is higher than even staraptor, i still like staraptor better. Toucannon looks more like a status user than a battle pokemon, Staraptor looks like a proper battle pokemon.

Toucannon is still firing off those Skill Link-ed Rock Blasts with that high Atk stat. That's going to hurt bad

Novembre

Since the data miners have their hands on the games now, and Lurantis is edging on the main part of the plot, I think this is my queue to bounce, time to log out until the 23rd, bye bye guys.

Same. I am going to get away from the leaks to avoid the spoilers. I think I have all I have to know before the release. Now I want to discover by myself during my playing time!

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
So the starters will all be slow? lol Good thing i plan on getting talonflame early.

Toucannon is still firing off those Skill Link-ed Rock Blasts with that high Atk stat. That's going to hurt bad

O yeah, that's why Vikavolt is on my main team, i want to take out any Toucannons before they can start sweeping.

R_N

Starter Stats and Moves datamine video from SciresM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wns5m7yA2CM

Incineroar ends up slower than Decidueye apparently but they say the starters this gen average out to below 70 in terms of speed, even Primarina is slow.

guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i knew it was going to happen, but i was still hoping that there would be SOME move tutors this time but no its just the usual fair.

also decidueye's ability, while interesting, is also so overtly niche

noakai

Also from their twitter: "By the way, some fun additional confirmation: Dark void NERFED. Accuracy lowered to 50%, and ONLY USABLE BY DARKRAI."

Status
Not open for further replies.